Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 62 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

see if there any other updates too, not just the high priority ones :)

Where can I find a SPDIF in/out bracket and header for a GA-MA785GM-US2H?

Thx

Rick

Ok i've updated my BIOS to latest, and done SP2. I have managed to boot into windows now with RAM configured in Dual Channel and it seems stable I still get some services failing (Spooler SubSystem has halted three times), but other than its working ok

CPU: Intel core i5
    RAM: Geil PC3-10660 1333MHz C9 VALUE DUAL CHANNEL (GV34GB1333C9DC)
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R (1.0)
    HDD: Western Digital WD3200AAKS (Caviar Blue series)
    GFX: Gainward HD4850 512MB

I have probs with the setup of my new system this configuration is just 4hr old, just got the parts out of the shop (Mobo,CPU,RAM)...,the issue what is accruing is following.
    After connecting the case power/reset cables with mobo, it end up in a re-boot loop (on/off cycle)
    I can’t setup anything else because I was not even able to see the bios so far....., btw I am new to INTEL and Gigabyte....

UPDATE: It ended up being a compatibility issue between my B3 Q6600 and the board. The E8400 CPU has worked flawlessly with all settings the same. I recommend if you are having issue like below, try a different (newer) CPU.

A thread relevant to my interest atm... just came across this and am in need of suggestion.

Specs are in sig;

new build, I can boot into bios 1 time, load optimized, reboot and I get the never ending 1 second boot loop (on/off). I then have to clear cmos. I have NOT overclocked as of yet, but plan to. I found this thread of suggestions (http://forums.tweaktown.com/295784-post5.html) which I have yet to try, but will within the next several hours, and I hope it works.

I have tried 3 different speeds and models of ram and intend to use the RAM in my sig, and 2 different PSU's. The issue occurred also with F6 bios, I upgraded to latest F10f bios and now it appears as if I can no longer boot into BIOS at all - cleared or not.

What do I do if I can no longer boot into BIOS even after a CMOS clear? I am waiting the 20min - 8 hours with jumper on to perform CMOS clear.

Also are there any particular settings relevant to the RAM in my sig that I should know about for this board?

fyi, all components other than the board had been running overclocked and fine for a good deal of time prior to installation of the Gigabyte board.

I am indebted for your support, thank you!
    Last edited by SuM-One; 10-28-2009 at 03:34 AM.

Talking Cannot install Win 7 on GA-EX58-UD3R (v1.0) F6

Problem resolved 3 post below.

I installed Win 7 (RC) a couple of months ago and it ran ok. It did have a problem where when I booted the machine after it being shutdown overnight, Win 7 would run for a while, then the computer would BSOD and hard reset (total power recycle). After that reset, the computer would run without any problems. I couldn't detect a pattern on what caused it. Sometimes it would happen immediately, sometimes it would take a while. Certain games would reliably crash it. CPU, GPU temps seem OK. One crash I could handle. Must be a driver issue I thought. It'll get sorted out.

I have used no tweaking. Most everything in BIOS is set to Auto.

I upgraded to the F6 BIOS last month hoping to cure the BSOD. Instead, Win 7 would crash during the Starting Windows phase. I did some traveling and decided to deal with it when I got back. Windows 7 would be released at that point.

Win 7 comes out, I go buy a copy and decide to do a fresh install. That does not go well. The installation would get to the Starting Windows screen, flash of a BSOD, then system reset. After a while, the HD stops answering; hangs the BIOS. I think bummer, but that must have been the problem. Buy and install a new HD. That will probably fix it.

No joy. Same install problem.

I've tried stuff:

Starting in Safe Mode does not work. Resets lately when loading CLASSPNP.sys

The motherboard has SATA/AHCI settings which I have set to IDE mode(s) in an attempt to avoid new-ish driver issues.

I can't reset the BIOS to pre-F6 status. Jumpers nor battery disconnect work.

I've reset the BIOS many times and have "Load Optimized Defaults".

I've run the included Windows Memory Diagnostic. It reported no problems. In addition, I ran Memtest86+ (via UBCD) and it reports no problem.

Tried a different PSU.

I have installed and successfully updated Ubuntu 9.04 on this machine and left it running for a few hours with no problems. This implies that the hardware is OK, but no guarantee.

So here I am, looking for assistance.

Ideas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-EX58-UD3R(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : F6
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : BFG GTX285(the water-cooled one)
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : Core i7 Speed : 2.66
    Operation System : Win 7 SP :
    Memory Brand : OCZ Type : OCZ3G1600LV6GK
    Memory Size : 3x2GB Speed : 1066; Manually set to 8-8-8, 1.66v
    Power Supply : 750 W
    Last edited by AxeMan; 10-30-2009 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Got resolution!

When you install windows 7 do you use the advanced option and click on the format tab?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rick99TAWS6 View Post
    Where can I find a SPDIF in/out bracket and header for a GA-MA785GM-US2H?

Thx

Rick

Ebay
    gigabyte cable, great deals on Motherboards on eBay!

That or a Australie dealer is the only place I have seen them. You can also call Gigabyte and order one as well if you like

Solved!

Power issue.

I have Antec 750W PSU and a Coolermaster Sniper chassis along with a water cooling setup. With everything connected ( inclulding the power hungry Nvidia GTX285), I guess I was drawing too much power. Disconnected a couple of big fans and all is good.

Hallelujah!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Great to hear you got it solved!

Sorry I missed your post somehow with it being right there, I think I quoted the above user without reading further on first

Thread Information