Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 72 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by shane_p View Post
    Hi there
    have a problem with Easytune 6 (the latest) will not install
    keep giving me error:
    DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr
    ever seen that before? and what is the fix?
    keep trying to install it and fails right away
    Thx

(I do overclock by the Bios only, but to play around with a higher overclock and/or check bios settings I would like to use Easytune)

anyone know the fix for this?
    oh this is with Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1, and Bios F6b (for mu X58-UD3R)
    I get the exact same error message here when trying to install the latest version of Easy Tune 6 available from Gigabyte (build 9.1120.1) after a clean install of XP Pro SP3 on a GA-M720-US3 motherboard with a Phenom II X4 810 CPU and a GeForce GTX 260 c216 video card.

I tried contacting Gigabyte's support but that has become more and more useless over the years. They said it worked on their machine (oh, really?) and asked me to reinstall the OS (which I had just done). Then they blamed the problem on third party programs that might be installed on the system (there were none, just the latest drivers for every hardware component).

What is really a shame about this issue is that the error message is quite clear and should make it considerably easier for the programmers to find the error in their code, since the program obviously has issues which need to be looked into. After giving up on Gigabyte's support, I installed RivaTuner, MSI's Afterburner, eVGA's Precision, NVIDIA's own nTune and a few other overclocking utilities with no issues whatsoever.

Hello,

What BIOS settings are adviced to be adjusted on my GA-770TA-UD3 with an AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition? I couldn't find a BIOS guide for AM3 boards.

I'll get the memory settings from OCZ support (see this post) so those are covered.

Thanks in advance!
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 | OCZ OCZ3G1600LV4GK (4GB) | Club3D HD5850 | Intel SSDSA2MH080G2R5 (80GB) | Corsair TX650W

Iím currently try to over clock my system to 3.0 GHz, I have Intelís Q9450 2.66 GHz over clocked to 2.8ghz and this is the highest stable setting that I can get it up to. Also I have a am having a problem with upgrading my ram I currently have 2/1 gig sticks in my system and just got to exactly same sticks and when I put the new stick bios will not boot. Do you have any suggestion
    Ga-EP45-DS3R
    Corsair DDR2 1066 2/1 gig
    Intel Q9450, stock fan
    600W power supply
    ATI 3870 / 512mb
    Vista 64

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curious George View Post
    Do you have any suggestion
    Please create a new thread.
    Read this post, and follow steps 1-4 to provide information that will help users to advise you.
    Have you tested the new pair of ram sticks by itself in the slots you added them?

Cool Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello fellow forum members Iím new to the forum and have taken a leap into building my first unit. I just have a couple of tech question for the group along with the Gigabyte team. Today I was not able to get my new build to post at all not sure why.

Everything is connected on the Mobo correctly and up and running PSU,Mobo,Fans,GPU ect.

I thought all I needed to do was ghosted one of my Seagate HD drive from my old system to have the OS on to start my config but after doing this I could not get the system to post or boot to XP Pro at all. Thereby I was not able to load the run the CD's for all the new hardware.

After installing the two Sony Optiarc drives only one worked. I did try to load the Gigabyte cd which came with the Mobo but the Sony Optiarc when ballistic mach 7 like a buzz saw when the disk is not in.....lol

Here are my current header connections for Sata:

0 is my HD
    3 working Sony Optiarc

I would appreciate anyone who could enlighten me on what I am doing wrong that is causing the problem?

Once again thank to the TT forum and Gigabyte for making themselves available.

Ernie
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F8)
    Intel Core i7 920 Bloomsfeild LGA 1366 45nm
    Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GV-R577D5-1GD-B Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
    G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GB
    Corsair TX 750w
    (1) Seagate 1.5 tr Barracuda
    (1) Seagate 1.0 tr Barracuda
    (2) Sony Optiarc AD-7241S
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    ViewSonic X Series VX2433wm

Cool Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Gigabyte:

Forum got it had a lose power cable from the GPU she is alive ! However there is an error "Disk Boot failure. Insert System disk" is this the MS OS disk?

Also the Sony Optiarc is still not working properly. I have for cable run looks most of all the Molex connections piggy backed including the Sony's is this a NO..... NO?

Once again TY to all for the help

Ernie<!-- / message -->
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F8)
    Intel Core i7 920 Bloomsfeild LGA 1366 45nm
    Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GV-R577D5-1GD-B Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
    G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GB
    Corsair TX 750w
    (1) Seagate 1.5 tr Barracuda
    (1) Seagate 1.0 tr Barracuda
    (2) Sony Optiarc AD-7241S
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    ViewSonic X Series VX2433wm

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    If you have question with gigabyte products, yes i will.
    Hi I upgraded my Laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate from Vista. I used on Vista
    the Gigabyte U8000 TV Tuner and it worked fine. I tried to reinstall it and are not able to do so. I think I downloaded the right Driver
    peripheral_driver_tv.exe.
    Is this tuner compatible with Windows7? if so please advise of procedure to install

I installed XP using F6 method for all 3 controllers RAID/AHCI. Intel controller bios was set to IDE, Native mode. Install went OK

HD is SATA II

I then changed Intel controller bios to AHCI and during boot received the BSOD.

What am I doing wrong

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-P55A-UD4P(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : 7c
    Serial No. :
    Purchase Dealer :
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : HIS Model : HD4670
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : i7-860 Speed : 2.8ghz
    Operation System : SP :
    Memory Brand : skill Type : DDRII
    Memory Size : 8gb Speed : 1333
    Power Supply : 620 W

rbmorse is offline Junior Member

XP doesn't include the drivers required to support AHCI mode.

You can download them from Intel.com (search for Intel Matrix Storage Drivers) and the package comes with a readme that will tell you how to install them.

I don't think most people see a lot of practical advantage to running AHCI mode on a typical desktop...perhaps unless you're running a large database project or server.

I have just built a system with the GA-P55A-UD5 motherboard installed. I have 2 x 2GB Coirsair memory sticks installed running at 1600 MHz + Intel i5 750 Processor at 2.66 Mhz.

I have set the BIOS BHLK to 160 and the memory speed is now 1600MHz from 1333Mhz. The CPU is now showing running at 2.72Mhz.

On the motherboard at post GT1/MD1 leds are green, but GT2/MD2 are amber indicating overvoltage, any ideas how to solve this?

I don't want to overclock the system, so should my 1600MHz memory be set to 1333Mhz which is the BIOS default ?

Please help !

Thread Information