Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

how do i start a new thread?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Use the Post new Thread button at the top/bottom of the section. Here is the link to that incase for some strange reason you cannot see it??? >>>

http://forums.tweaktown.com/newthrea...newthread&f=69

Thanks Mr. Tweak, Janus, all...

I am so glad Gigabyte has a forum like this with active Techs and Mods
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Hi, i was wondering what could be done about a infinite boot loop on a EP45-extreme....

I booted into windows at 485X9.5 with 4gig of OCZ reapers... then turned the system off, came back to turn it on and it went threw its auto bios recovery thing, and now it just boot loops over and over and over again.

Ive tried, absolutly everything with no post at all.

ive also tried all my other memory with no luck, and all three of my e8500's.

ram :- crucial lan fest 1066 (D9GMH)
    crucial ballistix tracers single sided (D9***)
    ocz reaper pc2-9200's
    Patriot ddr-800 (promos/elipda)

also tried with no sata, no usb and no fans on it, tried it with no vga, tried absolutly everything.

also tried the battery out short the clear CMOS with no avail. no matter what i do i cannot get a post out of it.

Thanks in advance

Nate.

Did you try with only one stick of ram? How long did you remove the battery and put a jumper on the Clear CMOS? You should do that for about a half hour, and unplug your PSU and press and hold the Clear CMOS button for a minute, and the Case power on button for a minute as well.

Do you have a floppy drive ALREADY INSTALLED and set as first boot device? If so you may be able to blind flash it, if not Let me know and I will PM you a method you can try before you have to RMA if the above clear cmos does not help

no power, shorted the clear cmos for about 7 hours while i was at work, yes tried 1 stick of ram, in any slot(tried with all my ram).

Holding the clear CMOS button with it all also didnt work. Ive tried EVERYTHING i can think of, unless you know a specail way?

Thanks

Nate.

Floppy ALREADY installed? If not see my PM, otherwise you will have to RMA the board

Post Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hi,

I am using an ex58extreme for a week now and i am facing some kind of inconsistency about DRAM timings.
    let me expose in details:

i run an i7-920 at 200Mhz baseClock so the DRAM frequencies available are 800/1200/1600/2000/...
    when i chose 1600 i have to chose fix latencies to 8-8-8-21 in order to be able to run DDR3-1600 at 1.68v only.
    if i would run DDR3-1600 at 7-7-7-18 latencies it would require about 1.84v vDRAM, which is to high for i7.

The issue i am facing is regarding tCL and tRAS timings:
    if i explicitly chose 8-8-8-21 in BIOS, the well-known tools cpu-z and sisoft sandra tells respectively my memory is running with latencies 10-8-8-23 and 7-8-8-23.
    if i chose 7-7-7-18 cpu-z says it is 8-7-7-21 and sandra says it is 6-7-7-21.
    alike, when i chose 9-9-9-24 cpu-z says it is 10-9-9-24 and sandra says it is 7-9-9-24....
    the problem is that according the needed voltage to achieve stability, it looks like sandra is the one correctly probing the timings.
    i have tried tCL 11 and even 12 but sandra still shows tCL=7 in these case.
    this is a real problem because achieving stability @ DDR3-1600 with tCL=7 requires vDRAM >= 1.84v which will burn the i7...

i have tried around with misc settings such as perf "standard/turbo/extreme" which doesn't change anything.
    I have tried BIOSes F2, F3 and now F4e which give same uncorrect behaviours.

my obvious questions are:
    why does this mainboard override tCL with much more agressive setting than set ?
    why does this mainboard override tRAS with much more relaxed setting than set ?
    is it the ex58ex behaviour for every ex58ex or do i need my mainboard to be replaced ?
    is there a way to correct this disaster ?

I don't want to burn my i7 for a mainboard that don't know to drive memory the right way.
    If there is no solution i'll be forced to claim for reinboursement.

edit: BIOS F4i solved that issue, timings are correctly applied to ram
    Last edited by grosmulet; 12-05-2008 at 07:48 AM.

My new system setup is as follows:
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DSR3 (BIOS F10)
    INTEL Core 2 Duo E8500
    CORSAIR TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX
    COOLER MASTER GeminII S
    HIS Radeon HD 4850 IceQ4 Turbo
    ENERMAX PRO82+ 525W
    WD Caviar SE16 640GB
    LG GGC-H20L

MoutainMods Ascension Case
    2 x Scythe SY1225SL12M 120mm Slipstream
    2 x Antec 761345-75080-6 80mm 3-Speed

The ONLY changes I have made to the BIOS so far are as follows:

MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)
    Performance Enhance...................: [Standard]

PC Health Status
    CPU Smart Fan Control.................: [Enabled]

The Problem:
    My new system crashes after playing just about any (recent-ish 2006-2008) game for more than an hour. It does NOT crash after running Prime95 for 24 hours, though.

According to Core Temp, the CPU never really gets above 50 degrees. The GPU doesn't get too hot either (HIS IceQ4). The HDD is okay too.

But once I was playing and Half Life 2, and it started jerking / jolting / massively stuttering, so I quickly exited the game.

EasyTune6 was open at the time, and the CPU temp was only 40 degrees, BUT the SYSTEM temp was 45 degrees.

Could a SYSTEM tempurature of 45 degrees be crashing my system? Any suggestions would be endlessly helpful. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Eric

I'm from spain, and I speak english very bad, sorry.

I put this in other thread, but maybe, here is the place:

I have a problem with my computer. I have: q6600, GA-P35-DS3, 2 modules of ddr2 800mhz takems and Tacens Radix II 520W

My computer worked fine during a half year. suddently one day, the computer don't start. I press power button and everything seems start working: fans moving, hdd turns, lights on, etc, etc but the POST don't start and I can't see anything in the screen. There isn't beeps.

I try turn on the computer many times and don't work. I umplug everything except graphics card and one memory, but nothing. Clear CMOS too. I change the graphic card for another and nothing happens. I change the PSU and don't work again. I turned crazy!! then I removed the cpu and cooler, put new thermal grease and mount everything again and... nothing, the system don't turn on. I spend 2 or 3 days try turn on the computer, and finally, one day the system turn on and everything start to work ok!!!

First, I had my computer on during four days because I was afraid to switch off and can't start again, but finally I restarted my computer and everything went well. Then, I executed Four SP2004 (one per core) during two hours and pass OK. Even, I made overclocking 333x9, spd 2.4 to 800mhz ram, and the test passed OK.

Had passed 3 months from it and today have the same problem, and the system don't start. I have try some same things of last time, but nothing. I have try again and again, sometimes pressing reset button, and one time, the system boot but... the FSB was 177MHZ, q6600 at 1.6Ghz, and RAM at 533. I have enter the bios and try to change FSB manually but don't work because when I reboot my pc, it's on (no POST, only the fans turnings, lights on, etc) during 10 or 15 seconds and reboot again. When reboot again, or the system init at 1.6ghz with the other bios config or directly don't init, T_T (currently, I can't init since 4 or 5 hours).

This isn't an overheating problem because I have 2 case fan, "thermaltake sonic tower" with fan on cpu and extra fan over the chipset. In my room there is already 17, 18C, and when I made overclocking two months ago and pass de SP2004, de temp core max was 60.

Somebody can help me?

Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread Information