Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 80 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

hello all!
    Last edited by vincent86; 04-15-2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: nm, giving up on this combination of hardware

Default Problem with beeping GAP55M UD2 Rev 1.1 mobo

Hi GB Tech Support - hope you are well. I'm OK except I can't figure out why my board is beeping at me randomly through the mobo speaker when I'm at the desktop in W7 64 bit.

I have an i5 750 with 2 x 2 GB Crucial DDR3 1333 1.5v ram. The mobo is at F8 bios and I have updated the chipset and any drivers. Windows Update is on.

I am powering the board via an OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w PSU and am also running a Sapphire 5770 GPU in the x16 PCI-e channel.

I have an Edimax wireless card in another PCI-e channel.

The beeping happens with intervals of between 10 mins and 4 hours, and occurs whether I am at stock settings (optimised defaults) or if overclocking to 3.64 gHz. I have tried various settings and it beeps whatever I do - with CPU or ram voltages at any levels.

I am stable according to IBT, Prime, etc. Temps are fine too at idle and load.

The beeping is sometimes (1 in 10) accompanied by the fan spinning up and then immediately settling down again. Nearly forgot to describe the beep: it is very short and single (never more than one beep), but not the same as the beep when the board POSTS. Its also a bit tinny compared to the POST beep (but quite loud nevertheless).

I have checked all power sockets, etc, on the board.

I'm sure you need some more info from me that I've forgotten to mention (apologies).

Look forward to any support you can provide.
    Last edited by tweaky64; 04-16-2010 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Added info

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Problem with beeping GAP55M UD2 Rev 1.1 mobo

Quote Originally Posted by vincent86 View Post
    hello all!
    You sure? Sorry We missed your post, but if you need help with a Gigabyte setup let us know.

I mean of course if you didn't ship it back already.

Quote Originally Posted by tweaky64 View Post
    Hi GB Tech Support - hope you are well. I'm OK except I can't figure out why my board is beeping at me randomly through the mobo speaker when I'm at the desktop in W7 64 bit.

I have an i5 750 with 2 x 2 GB Crucial DDR3 1333 1.5v ram. The mobo is at F8 bios and I have updated the chipset and any drivers. Windows Update is on.

I am powering the board via an OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w PSU and am also running a Sapphire 5770 GPU in the x16 PCI-e channel.

I have an Edimax wireless card in another PCI-e channel.

The beeping happens with intervals of between 10 mins and 4 hours, and occurs whether I am at stock settings (optimised defaults) or if overclocking to 3.64 gHz. I have tried various settings and it beeps whatever I do - with CPU or ram voltages at any levels.

I am stable according to IBT, Prime, etc. Temps are fine too at idle and load.

The beeping is sometimes (1 in 10) accompanied by the fan spinning up and then immediately settling down again. Nearly forgot to describe the beep: it is very short and single (never more than one beep), but not the same as the beep when the board POSTS. Its also a bit tinny compared to the POST beep (but quite loud nevertheless).

I have checked all power sockets, etc, on the board.

I'm sure you need some more info from me that I've forgotten to mention (apologies).

Look forward to any support you can provide.
    Do you have C1E and EIST enabled in the BIOS? If so disable those and see if it helps.

There is a few threads on this, and not sure if anyone has found the cause yet, but it might be the above

Thanks for the reply lsdmeasap.

I did have them enabled but I have just disabled them and will wait until (if) I hear a beep.

By the way, I found that my system behaves really weird with EIST and C-states disabled. The CPU doesn't show the multiplier increase from about 12x in the Bench test in Real temp (and it gives me a low score too). And when I run IBT it gives me a low score there too - you can see the CPU doesn't get stressed at all - which is reflected in very low "load" temps.

I tried with the c-states and EIST disabled first in my o/c profile. I then tried it at default stock settings and same behaviour. Is this normal ?

OK, let us know how your testing goes.

About your multiplier, are you starting by loading optimized defaults in the BIOS? You must do this, then make all needed changes. I say that because it sounds like you maybe are using fail safe, or have set your multi to 12?

With C1E and EIST disabled your system should always run at the max multiplier (Idle or Load), unless you have manually set it to a lower amount or are using fail safe.

Same thing with single beep happand to me too with F10H bios on GA-P55A-UD4. With F9 is all normal same settings on both bios

Hi

Thanks for the interest in my problem and help.

Regarding the multiplier issue, I was starting with optimised defaults (although before that, I had the same problem with stable overclock settings). I also had the multiplier set at 20x when I loaded optimised defaults.

I didn't hang around long testing that situation as I just thought it was one of the many weird things my board does when changing settings. The latest weird thing is that when i change settings sometimes, I notice that the CPU fan doesn't move much past 1000 rpm, even when I Intel Burn test. To get it to "reset" and work again, I have to power off the machine, take out the power cable, discharge the residual energy (if there is such a thing) by pressing the power button and then plug-in and power up again.

Anyway, I have a SOLUTION to the beeping. At least I think I do as its only been 8 hours running without a beep, but they were coming thick and fast recently (two or three at a time).

I did a lot more googling when you said that there were a few threads about the issue. I started searching Tweaktown and found a recent one you had helped on, but it seemed to be solved by getting ram voltage and settings right - I've seen that fix a few times and it doesn't seem to be my issue.

I found this: P55a-UD3 - Bios and Beeps - Gigabyte - Motherboards-Memory and the suggestion by Fatbird sounded pretty confident, plus it was relating the issue to the C3/C6/C7 state switching.

As I want the state features enabled I decided to turn off the CPU temp warning in the BIOS settings. And for now, it is working. I'll post back if I hear a beep, and in a week or so if I have remained beep free.

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the dynamic energy support to install. I get an error telling me it is not compatible with my gigabyte board.

MB: GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6
    BIOS: FE
    CPU: Pentium D 965 (EE) (ES)
    PSU: Rosewill Extreme 1000w

Thanks. Is it maybe my bios settings or what?

Screwauger

Quote Originally Posted by screwauger View Post
    Hello,

I am having trouble getting the dynamic energy support to install. I get an error telling me it is not compatible with my gigabyte board.

MB: GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6
    BIOS: FE
    CPU: Pentium D 965 (EE) (ES)
    PSU: Rosewill Extreme 1000w

Thanks. Is it maybe my bios settings or what?

Screwauger
    It could be that CPU? Maybe it does not support these energy saving features that the newer ones do, I know it does supprt energy saving in general but it may not the same type of programming for those?

Are you downloading the latest version online? If not grab the latest version located here >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

As for BIOS settings, please be sure you are starting with Optimize Defaults not Fail Safe, and you must have C1E and EIST enabled in the BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    It could be that CPU? Maybe it does not support these energy saving features that the newer ones do, I know it does supprt energy saving in general but it may not the same type of programming for those?

Are you downloading the latest version online? If not grab the latest version located here >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

As for BIOS settings, please be sure you are starting with Optimize Defaults not Fail Safe, and you must have C1E and EIST enabled in the BIOS.
    My BIOS does not have the EIST function but does have the C1E which is enabled.
    And yes, I have the latest version of the DES advanced.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by screwauger; 04-19-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Thread Information