Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 89 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Are you running 333 FSB? If so tRD (Static tRead Value) of 6-8 should be fine

You need to set your ram voltage to spec amount, set MCH voltage to 1.2-1.24 for 4GB, and set performance enhance on standard

Thank you for your reply..
    As the Intel DUO 2 E7400 rated FSB is 1066, ihave set the FSB to 266 in bios as i was led to believe that the true value is 4 x's the FSB value which would then make it 1066mhz
    which is also the speed of the ram..

as i said above i will post my bios so that you will have all the relevant information to be able to assist me... truely thank you it is good to see that at least two have taken time to assist

Please first attachement

3rdAttachment 2572

The attached files are of my current bios settings...
    Iam not looking at over clocking just want a stable machine..that runs to the spec's of the hardware... before i assembled the hardware i made sure that each piece was listed compatible both on the corsair, intel and gigabyte sites.

What i have no also found is that each time i set the SPD multipilier to 2.0 which sets the freq to 533mhz which to my calculation 1066mhz ......The Memory Freq resets itself to 400mhz..
    This is despite that 1066mhz is the same as the spec for the Corsair Ram
    and the Intel Processor, and considering the board is capable of 1600mhz FSB according to spec's ...
    Intel<SUP>®</SUP> P31 + ICH7 Chipset
    1. Revolution energy saving design with GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver(DES) technology.
    2. Supports Intel<SUP>®</SUP> Core™ 2 multi-core and 45nm processors to FSB 1600 (O.C.)
    3. Dual Channel DDR2 1066(O.C.) for remarkable system performance
    4. Ultimate graphics performance with PCI-E x16 interface
    5. Integrated high speed SATA 3Gb/s
    6. Features high speed Gigabit Ethernet connection
    7. Home theater quality 8-channel High Definition Audio

Default what would the correct settings be/

I just read. that the MCH voltage for four (4) 1gig corsair ram modules should be 1.3 to 1.4v on the memory controller... where can i change this setting in my bios?

if i am capable at running this board at 1066 then the ram voltage should be 2.1volts right? thats what it states on the sticks.! what i dont understand is why you drop the voltage when running at 800mhz to 1.95 to 2.0volts or even why you would want to run it lower than its specifications....

basically if i wanted to travel a 50mph (80Klm/h) i would not buy a ferrari...
    same in reverse ...i dont what this machine to be a ferrari just to run to spec's without falling over.....! i believe iam entitled to atleast that !

Thanks for any assistance !

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    3rdAttachment 2572

The attached files are of my current bios settings...
    Use 4.x not 2.0 multiplier
    in this case wich 4.X do you use, the one for 200 fsb and 800 dram, or the one 266 with 1066, there is only one! should be separate settings. the one 4.0A or 4.0C, you have the 4.0+? works ok then.
    System memory multiplier to [Manual] 4.0
    Dram timing to [manual]
    Cas 5
    Tread ....

Mch overvoltage is in fact the memory controller voltage added +0.1 +0.2 ... to 1.25. you dont need this, not necessarily
    I used to run 333fsb 1000dram even 400Fsb with no overvoltage at all. none. actually adding more voltage made things unstable, showing errors. actually anything above 2.0V was FAIL, but that were just my sticks of crappy memory? and above +0.1 for MCH too.
    Set it to +0.1 on MCH and Dram +0.1 +0.2 max. easy.
    this chipset doesn't support 4 modules unless single sided, so you are not really using 4 modules, but 2 modules or 4 ranks or something like that.
    Last edited by yuu; 05-31-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Yuu
    Could I enlist your assistance with my gigabyte motherboard? The problems I am experiencing and system specs are listed in the following thread.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-x...ets-own-39847/

Kindest regards

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Video pro, I have replied to your threads

Fringe, above reply by yuu is all correct, you need to use 4.00A for 266 FSB to get 1066Mhz memory speed. Set your CPU Ref voltage back to auto

Set MCH +0.2-0.3 for 4GB of ram, and set your memory voltage to +0.3 if the rated voltage is 2.1V

Default Re: Thanks Yuu and Lsdmeasap for your help ...can you review !and edit where you see

Thanks guy's

after yUU's advice i was able to stablise the board enough to run MEMTEST86+ to ascertain which modules were at fault,

I ran MeMtest under the following conditions which highlighted two modules as being faulty.. do agree that this was a valid test... sorry its is long winded !

My modules: 4 x cm2x1024-8500c5d 2.1volt ver1.5 although.... i am led to believe they call them twins (twin2x2048-8500c5d) because you need atleast two...but thats no what the sticker on the module say's..!

anyway ..after all the problems describe above i ended up finding a test regime that seemed to work .... thanks to the guys here !

This is only for the award bios.. might work similar for other bios
    1. firstly default set bios to optimum
    2. In main Menu of bios press the ctrl and F1 buttons together(allows acess to advanced timing section of award bios)
    3. Enter the MIT menu
    4. Set the CPU clock ratio 10x
    5. Fine CPU clock ratio to .5
    6. CPU host Freq to 266mhz
    7. System Memory multiplier to 4x (memory rated at 1066)
    adjusted for your own speed
    8. Dram timing selectable to manual
    9. Cas, Cas delay, Precharge,and precharge delay 5-5-5-15 (which is the spec's for my memory modules)
    10. System Voltage control to manual
    a. For the EP31-ds3l gigabyte board set the Dram o/voltage to 0.3
    b. set the Pci e o/voltage to 0.1
    c. set the FSB o/voltage to 0.1
    d. Set the MCH o/voltage to .1

11. For the E7400 CPU set to 1.325 as this CPU is stable at 1.285 - 1.35 (is suggested leave at auto)
    a. For all others check cpu voltage first then have a look at pc health menu to see what it is actually running at!
    Now save and exit bios

Turn computer off remove all dram and label 1, 2, etc
    Now place the first one in slot 1 and start pc run memetest86+

i ran full test run... if error i halt test as there is no need to go further as an error is just that ERROR !

If Ram passes i then tighten ram settings as follows and retest each time.. (remember
    5-4-5-15
    then 5-4-5-14
    then 5-4-5-13( if i got to these timings i was happy and satisfied the module was well within spec)

Next did the same for all modules.. when finished anything that did not meet the 5-5-5-15 minimum will be-- sendt back to GET it replaced.

Now to get the system to be stable i tried this setting 5-6-6-18 (asumming they passed the 5-5-5-15 timing spec) … it should now never fail at these timings (well, so Have been told By a self proclaimed GURU) lets all hope he is right..

PS : This way I was able to identify a pair of modules that failed poorly
    one still had 1700 errors at a timing of 5-7-7-24 on one pass
    the other one had 120 errors at 5-5-5-18 on one pass

The other two module worked with no errors at 5-4-5-14
    so i reckon they are ok to run at 5-6-6-18 without any problems ..

do you agree ?

Hi there,

i'm new to this forum and a n00b.

My mobo runs on bios f10b in 64-bit and i have intel's q9550 installed. User's manual tells me that under ADVANCED BIOS FEATURES i can enable/disable CPU MULTI THREADING, but i can't find this feature there.
    Doesn't it show up because i have QuadCore installed and because of this it is enabled anyway ?
    How can i find out ?

Any advice would be highly appreciated...

!xabbu
    GA-EP45-DS3 / Q9550 / 4× KVR800D2N6K2 / 8800GT / WD2500AAK / SAMSUNGHD203WI

Thread Information