Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 92 of 185 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldplayer View Post
    I have a gigabyte 770T-UD3P which when i cold boot starts with a multiplier of 4. I hear other people have the same problem and they get sent a beta bios update to fix this. Do you have this update?

Do you know the name of the BIOS, the version like .Fxx? If you do please let me know and I will see if I can find it for you

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by nephros View Post
    Hi,

I just assembled a new system that will post into the BIOS, but won't load the OS:

GA P55 UDP4 v1.0
    i5-750 cpu with stock cooler
    2x2GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX 1600 RAM (1.65V)
    NVIDIA 8800GT videocard

into which I put my old psu: 500W thermaltake purepower, which has a 4 pin rather than 8 pin 12V connector, and my old seagate barracuda 300GB SATA HDD, with windows XP.

I turned it on to make sure all the fans were working, and initially it loaded windows and was giving me lots of 'new hardware found' messages, when I may have made a big mistake by turning off the computer (it was late and I planned to do all the software installation the next day). The next day, I turned on the computer and can get into the BIOS, but when it tries to load the OS, the screen stays black, but the power stays on. All of the fans are running, and in the BIOS the cpu temperature is okay, it recognizes the cpu and ram properly. I don't get any beep alerts when I turn on the computer to tell me the status of the board.

My 2 thoughts were that I either (1) caused a software error by turning off the computer when it may have been installing critical components or (2) my old PSU is inadequate, and it is not loading from lack of power, but I'm not really that computer savvy and need advice. My next step would be to buy a new PSU, and if that D/N work, buy a new HDD and reinstall windows and see if that works.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    have you just swapped the old hdd with xp from your old pc onto the new p55 pc?? if so it wont work as the os will have all the mb drivers for the old mb and not for the gigabyte one therefore you will need to save all your personal files/data and then format the hdd and do a clean fresh install of winxp and use the gigabyte cd to install just the lan driver,then go to gigabyte website and download/install all the latest drivers eg: audio,chipset/lan

EDIT: just format the hdd and re-install xp if you didnt let it fully instal the first time,i dont think its psu
    Did the above help?

Quote Originally Posted by stanstan View Post
    Hello. I have just brought a GA-H55M-USB3 rev 1.0 motherboard. This is my configuration:

Windows 7 Professional x64
    Motherboard: GA-H55M-USB3 rev 1.0, Bios version F7
    CPU: Intel i5-650
    Memory: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB CMX4GX3M2A1600C7 (2 x 2GB) (PC3 12800) 7-8-7-20
    RAID controller: 3ware 9650SE-4LPML (PCIeX4) with 4 x Seagate 500GB SATA-II 7200 rpm 16MB 7200.12 - ST3500418AS in RAID 10
    TV Tuner: Kworld DVB-T PE310RF (PCIeX1)

Just for testing: Gainward nVidia 8800GTS 320MB (PCIeX16)

The problem is that the RAID controller only works in the PCIeX16 slot and not in the PCIex4 one. I have tried any combination, but the motherboard just wouldn't see it in the PCIeX4 slot.

I tested:
    1. RAID controller in PCIeX16 single - works
    2. RAID controller in PCIeX16 single - and TV tunner in PCIeX4 works, but the TV tunner does not work properly (Win 7 sees it, installs the drivers, but when the software tries to access it, it triggers a Blue screen - I have tried 4 different TV software here)
    3. RAID controller in PCIeX4 single - Bios does not see it
    4. RAID controller in PCIeX4 with the TV Tuner in the PCIeX16 - Bios does not see the RAID controller and the TV Tuner works okay
    5. RAID controller in PCIeX4 and the Gainward video card in the PCIEx16 slot - Bios does not see the RAID controller, the Video Card works fine.
    6. I couldn't fit in the Video Card in the PCIEx4 slot because it is too large.

What sould I do? Should I change the motherboard because the PCIeX4 lane is defective? (The same problem was with the original F6 Bios version). Should I get the GA-H57M-USB3?

Please advise if there is a solution to this problem.

Thank you.
    The board you have now only has a X16 slot, and the X4 slot runs at x1 according to the specifications, did you overlook this when purchasing? It is a x4 slot electrically, but only has x1 bandwidth.

1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) (Note 5)(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
    2. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x1 (PCIEX4_X1)
    3. 2 x PCI slots
    GA-H55M-USB3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

The other board you suggested does indeed have a x4 slot running at x4, so that sounds like what you might need to get.

1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) (Note 5)(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
    2. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4_X1)
    3. 2 x PCI slots
    GA-H57M-USB3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

I have an GA-EP43-UD3L, which I bought about 18 months ago because it had digital audio out.

Is there a way to enable both the analog and digital outputs at the same time in Win7 (32-bit)? The only way I can see to enable the digital out is to use the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" and select the "default device", but this disables the other.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I believe you can only use one at a time, but you should wait for others to reply as I am not positive.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Weird, I don't see such a restriction in Windows XP, in the mixer the device is just "Realtek HD Audio", but I do not have digital out to confirm they both work at the same time.

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did the above help?

The board you have now only has a X16 slot, and the X4 slot runs at x1 according to the specifications, did you overlook this when purchasing? It is a x4 slot electrically, but only has x1 bandwidth.

GA-H55M-USB3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

The other board you suggested does indeed have a x4 slot running at x4, so that sounds like what you might need to get.

GA-H57M-USB3 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification
    Thank you for the quick response! Indeed so. I have called and the seller fortunatly agreed to change my H55M with the H57M.

Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!
    I have a gigabyte 770T-UD3P which when i cold boot starts with a multiplier of 4. I hear other people have the same problem and they get sent a beta bios update to fix this. Do you have this update?
    Which BIOS are you flashed with now? Which CPU are you using? Which revision is your motherboard? (rev. 1.0 or rev. 1.1) This is very important if you want to download the correct BIOS.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

i cannot set the cpu clock ratio to 9. it always resets to 6. for this processor it should set from 6 to 9. i have cleared cmos, used optimized settings, removed the battery, reloaded bios. every time i set it to 9 and reboot it resets to 6. any other cmos settings i change will remain changed properly. what more can i do? has the board failed? thank you for your help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-EP45-UD3R(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : F12
    Serial No. :
    Purchase Dealer : newegg
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : geforce 8600gt
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : e8400 Speed : 3ghz
    Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP :
    Memory Brand : ocz Type : DDRII
    Memory Size : 4gb Speed : 1066
    Power Supply : 500 W

Quote Originally Posted by artdrivers View Post
    Which BIOS are you flashed with now? Which CPU are you using? Which revision is your motherboard? (rev. 1.0 or rev. 1.1) This is very important if you want to download the correct BIOS.
    Gigabyte 770T-UD3P rev 1.0 on f8 latest bios and x6 1055T.

Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!
    Is that the memory multiplier is at 4., or the CPU multiplier? If memory multiplier What is the memory part number? Try flashing to this BIOS from Gigabyte for GA-MA770T-UD3P Phenom II 6 core.
    http://download.gigabyte.cn/FileList...0t-ud3p_f7.exe
    Last edited by artdrivers; 06-26-2010 at 08:10 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

the cpu multiplier...and its on newer one f8....f7 is older

Thread Information