Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 185 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Thumbs up Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

The GIGABYTE Technical Support forum is now open and ready for posts!

Please welcome Mr. Janus Yeh from GIGABYTE who will be here to answer your tech questions related to all GIGABYTE products.

When posting questions, please provide as much info as possible such as full system specs, what operating system and drivers you are using and please describe your problem as full as possible.

This is also an area you can discuss upcoming GIGABYTE products and we will also conduct giveaways and competitions in here from time to time as well.

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Default Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

tweak,
    Please help me understand why I should keep my ep35-ds4. I have not read anything online that really has been great. I see alot of people have problems with the boards. I did overspend buying from a shop in town instead of getting it on line which cost an additonal 50 dollars ( my foollishness). Please help me understand why I should stay with the board and not take it back for the asus.

I'm building a new system with windows ultimate, 4 gigs corsair DDR2 xms, 8800 gts and intell q6600.

I will listen to any suggestion and take all the help I can get

Thanks Janus,

The system I am going to build is:
    Vista Ultimate 64
    Intell Q6600
    gigabyte ep35-ds4
    corsair cm2x2048-6400c5dhx
    e-gorce 8800gts
    Liteon dvd 20x
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional
    antec p182 case
    antec trupower 850w atx
    not sure which hard drives yet

Not sure on the corsair, dosn't look like you sopport it. Anything you can add or don't agree with to help get me up and running would be great.

Thank you for your help,

Bill

oh yea 8 gig of memory

Ok, I think I'm lost. I left nothing in my post hoping you would sell me, are just a tech and thats it. I must have been wrong about this site. Is gygabyte a new company that worked for one of the larger builders? (making a name for themselfs). I bought the board anyway. if I post something that is for support... will you answer?

Thank you for your time,

Bill

If you have question with gigabyte products, yes i will.

Please remember RMA discussion is now totally banned from these forums.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I have a couple of questions about my MB. (GA-P35T-DQ6) See System specs below.

FIRST:
    I've been using this computer for about 2 months now without any overheating problems. Recently I installed Registry First Aid and during its scan the cpu temprature rose from 38deg cel. to 72deg. in just a matter of a minute. At first I couldn't figure out what caused the increase, but then I stopped the RFA scan and the temp quickly dropped back to normal.
    A couple of days later I tried to burn my 1st DVD on this machine. During the burn the same thing happened again and when I stopped the burn it immediately dropped back into the normal range.
    I have checked all 5 case fans and the power supply and cpu fans. All are working ok. I checked the cpu heat-sink to make sure it hadn't come loose and it's ok.

SECOND:
    As you can see below my Bios version is F2. I visited the Gigabyte site and saw that the new versions are now up to F7. I downloaded the F7 file and expanded it. But when I ran FLASH895.exe I'm told that it couldn't run because my Command Prompt window wasn't full screen. (I even tried running it in Safe Mode Command Prompt without luck)
    I then downloaded @Bios, expanded it, and ran that program. I clicked Find Bios From Gigabyte and after waiting quite a while I received the following: Can't get "bios.ini" file in selected @Bios server. I tried all the listed servers without success.
    I couldn't find a .bin, .rom, or .dat file for F7 to download, so I couldn't access a local file either.

I'm stumped.

SYSTEM: VISTA Ultimate
    MB: GA-P35T-DQ6 (Rev. 1) Socket 775 (4.0 GHz)
    CPU: Intel Core2 Extreme 3.00GHz
    BIOS: Award F2 Friday, June 01 2007 Flash to: F5 2008/02/27
    MEMORY: 4.0GB DDR2
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512 (512MB DDR3, PCIe 2.00 x16, SM4.0, 2Heads)
    HD: C: Western Digital, WDC1500ADFD-00NLR4 150GB (SATA150, 3.5", 10000rpm, NCQ, 16MB Cache)
    D: Segate, ST3750330NS 750GB (SATA300, NCQ)
    E: Segate, ST3750330NS 750GB (SATA300, NCQ)
    Y: LaCie, SATA ST375064 750GB (SATA300, SCSI-4, NCQ, 16MB Cache)
    Z: LaCie, SATA ST375064 750GB (SATA300, SCSI-4, NCQ, 16MB Cache)
    CD: F: Sony DVD RW AW-G170A (ATAPI66, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache)
    G: Sony DVD RW AW-G170A (ATAPI66, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache)
    CASE: Thermaltake Armore VA8000B

Hello Janus, not so long ago I bought a Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 mobo. It said on the box and in the reviews that it had a 1333 FSB, therefore I assumed it would support the new penryn cpus, which is the reason I bought it. Now I find that Gigabyte has no plans to support Penryn cpus on this mobo, even though other manufacturers, Asus, XFX, EVGA etc have all released a Bios update, for their 650i mobo's to support some of the new chips, E8400, E8500 etc. Obviously I'm not happy and want to know why Gigabyte doesn't support it's customers as well as other manufacturers, not to mention the false advertising. I wish I had bought the Asus P5N-E SLI now and unless the situation is rectified, I certainly won't be buying Gigabyte products again. Is Gigabyte working on a new BIOS that has Penryn support for this mobo?

Page 1 of 185 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information