Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Quote Originally Posted by x2srj View Post
    Right I've reverted back from F9 (which Yanus from on here emailed me) to F4; my machine now succeeds on all memory tests.... so seems more stable..

How do I change the voltage; I can only see an option to add 0.1, 0.2 and so on...

cheers guys..

This is from CPUZ... my memory should be running at 1066 right?

Slot 3 runs identical..

that is not the proper place too see how your ram is running. check the memory tab, you should see 5-5-5-15 at 533 if it's running the ram at 1066. the tab you show ab ove is the one that shows you the spd chip's info from the ram kit. just an fyi...not the actual setting so check the memory tab and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by neillyth View Post
    Hiya Kingme24 and thank you for posting.

As you suggested I just went back and adjusted to 9x300 and 3.2. Everest failed at first at 3.45 mins, so i went back and set timings to auto.Windows mem test passed with no reported problems. A subsequent test on Everest stability test is currently running good at 7 mins+. The performance gain is noticeable with my vista experience score at 5.9 from 5.6 or 5.7. So thank you for the great advice!! Since though at 12 mins everest detected hardware failure, possibly memory but the windows memory test still gives me something to smile about, Ill continue with these settings for now.

Gigabye has informed me to try to underclock to 800mhz and if it still fails to RMA ....hmmm...anyway I am going to keep things as they are. One positive though, they are very quick at responding to my support query via thier website, shame they cant fix the problem though.

Thanks again for your post!
    This board is very strange when it comes to finding the sweet spot, when you went to auto settings i'm assuming it defaulted to 5-7-7-18? You might try backing down to just the 3.0 multiplier and the memory timings at manual 5-5-5-15 (thats our memory rated speed). I would really try to find the highest stable mhz you can get, so you can keep your 5.9 score in windows. I know the windows score doesn't mean that much, but 5.9 means you are getting better memory performance :)

Does any 1 know a fix for this motherboard to stop resetting my overclock and sometimes when restarting from with in windows the computer first turns off then 3 seconds later .. instead of staying on and restarting ... also it does this in the bios when you exit or save changes sometimes it will do the same thing .. im using the latest f8 bios ..

** edit i did have reboot loop problems before but i havent had 1 for a while **

Quote Originally Posted by viper_880 View Post
    Does any 1 know a fix for this motherboard to stop resetting my overclock and sometimes when restarting from with in windows the computer first turns off then 3 seconds later .. instead of staying on and restarting ... also it does this in the bios when you exit or save changes sometimes it will do the same thing .. im using the latest f8 bios ..

** edit i did have reboot loop problems before but i havent had 1 for a while **
    I've found that I get this problem when my overclock is at the border of being unstable. Try to backoff just a bit or try upping your voltages a bit more and it should go away. Atleast that worked for me

ok thanks ill give it a try ..

Quote Originally Posted by viper_880 View Post

the board has a dual bios implementation. when you apply settings and they don't work it will reset back to default or what it was at on last succesful boot. so when you say it waits 3 seconds that the board fixing itself after your error. happens to me...usually i found it to be a bad overclock on my ram or not enough volts on ram or cpu. i also have f8 bios and this happens on all bioses. only times i get the apply settings in bios-shutdown(normal)-reboot(settings don't work so it shuts down again)- restart at default settings or last ok settings...is when i screw up on my overclock. anyways the point i'm trying to make it's that this is normal but once you have a stable overclock it won't happen. this dual bios actually keeps you from having to manually reset CMOS. very convenient:)

ps. i know gigabyte does a poor job of letting users know the features of their boards.

hmm, I get issues still.. I'm going to return the board I think..

The issue is I can't turn the machine on sometimes without clearing the CMOS...

and it's constantly doing CHKDSK's whilst booting because of corrupt attribute files....

Heyas peeps,

Thank you again Kingme24. My DS3R's 'sweet spot' is between 900 and 950mhz. At 900mhz and the timings you suggested I don't appear to loose much performance(vista ex:5.9 still) and it's as stable as ever! Nice one!
    I don't know if Everest is a good utility to use to stress test but it appears to do the job.
    X2srj hope the replacement does the job, good luck!

Thanks again all, and keep up the good posts.

Glad I could help... now I just wish we could actually run at 1066 :(
    Intel Q6600 g0 @ 3.2ghz w/AC Freezer 7 Pro
    GA-P35C-DS3R
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer 8500 4x1gb @ 4-4-4-8
    WD 150GB 10,000rpm Raptor
    BFG 8800GTS 640mb

Add me to the list of people getting the endless reboot. Had the board about 100 days before the problem has shown its ugly head.

I left memory on auto and tested the board overclocking. It went very well and was quite stable but I backed off and gave it a very conservative overclock in the end. Worked for about 3 months before the infinite boot sequence started.

I really want to like this board and like Gigabyte, but it is hard since Gigabyte hasn't responded to my tech support email and they don't seem to be addressing, or even acknowledging that an issue exists. From my research in the last few days, it seems like this is by far the most common problem that people are having with this board.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information