Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

I received a response to the endless reboot loop issue, cut and pasted in its entirety below:

Dear customer,

The system only turns on for a couple of seconds then shuts off
    1) Check if the CPU fan is connected to the CPUFAN1 connector (For K7 M/B only)
    2) The CPU might be overheated. Change the CPU FAN or check if the CPU fan/heat sink is in proper contact with the CPU.
    3) Remove the heat sink and clean out the contact area between the CPU and the heat sink. Re-apply the thermal grease on the CPU again.
    4) Clear CMOS - by disconnecting the power cord from the power supply and removing the CMOS battery for 2 minutes.
    5) Make sure the power supply you have on your system support the M/B specification. Example. If you have a P4 M/B, you need to use an ATX v2.03 specification power supply. (Power supply that have an extra 4-pin square connector)
    6) If you already checked the power supply specification, change the power supply it might be defective.
    7) Remove the M/B from the case and install only the CPU and CPU cooling fan on the M/B to test the system. The M/B might be shorted to the case.
    8) If the problem still persists, either the CPU or the M/B might be defective. Please test the CPU on the other system to see if it is functioning properly.

If the CPU is fine, please contact your vendor for diagnosing your M/B or a replacement, if under their warranty. If it"s not, please vist ( rma.gigabyte-usa.com ) for rma request.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    I received a response to the endless reboot loop issue, cut and pasted in its entirety below:

Dear customer,

The system only turns on for a couple of seconds then shuts off
    1) Check if the CPU fan is connected to the CPUFAN1 connector (For K7 M/B only)
    2) The CPU might be overheated. Change the CPU FAN or check if the CPU fan/heat sink is in proper contact with the CPU.
    3) Remove the heat sink and clean out the contact area between the CPU and the heat sink. Re-apply the thermal grease on the CPU again.
    4) Clear CMOS - by disconnecting the power cord from the power supply and removing the CMOS battery for 2 minutes.
    5) Make sure the power supply you have on your system support the M/B specification. Example. If you have a P4 M/B, you need to use an ATX v2.03 specification power supply. (Power supply that have an extra 4-pin square connector)
    6) If you already checked the power supply specification, change the power supply it might be defective.
    7) Remove the M/B from the case and install only the CPU and CPU cooling fan on the M/B to test the system. The M/B might be shorted to the case.
    8) If the problem still persists, either the CPU or the M/B might be defective. Please test the CPU on the other system to see if it is functioning properly.

If the CPU is fine, please contact your vendor for diagnosing your M/B or a replacement, if under their warranty. If it"s not, please vist ( rma.gigabyte-usa.com ) for rma request.

Thank you

LOL, I have to wonder what type of tech support Gigabyte employs. They want to blame the problem on anything other than their own product! Sometime I think we know more about their own products than they do.

Are they even reading what their customers are telling them? More than one person in this thread had already tried removing all their add-ons except a CPU. Now they want to suggest it's a CPU or power supply problem?

Why is it so hard to admit they pushed out a bad batch or poor product quality control? It's this constant denial that is making me even more angry over purchasing this mobo. They bet know I'lll be spreading bad reviews regarding this experience!

Hello to all of you ...
    I need help for something (for a start, sorry for my English :-)
    Yesterday i bought a Pc system with motherboard ga-p35c-ds3r and memory KINGSTON 1024MB HYPERX 1066 (2x sticks) , although they "run" at 1066, the system recognize them at 800 !!!
    My cpu is intel core 2 duo E6850 (333x9 ~ 3000Ghz) .... i looked on my board that next to 1066 it had this : " (OC) " ... i assume it is overclocking ! So i' m wondering that maybe i need to change something from BIOS : system memory multiplier (SPD) - i think if i put it x3.2 i will have 1066, but i' m not sure! (is there AND something else i need to do?)
    And the other question is , am i going to loose my warranty if i overclock the memory? (THE MEMORY I BOUGHT TO RUN AT 1066 AND NOT AT 800!!!) - and of course the motherboard's case had with big black letters that it can "handle" memory at 1066!!! So what am i going to do, i paid a lot of money more for these memory sticks ... Help me please! THANKS!!!!!!!!
    p.s. .. i have the latest Bios!

Quote Originally Posted by hasiotis_john View Post
    Hello to all of you ...
    I need help for something (for a start, sorry for my English :-)
    Yesterday i bought a Pc system with motherboard ga-p35c-ds3r and memory KINGSTON 1024MB HYPERX 1066 (2x sticks) , although they "run" at 1066, the system recognize them at 800 !!!
    My cpu is intel core 2 duo E6850 (333x9 ~ 3000Ghz) .... i looked on my board that next to 1066 it had this : " (OC) " ... i assume it is overclocking ! So i' m wondering that maybe i need to change something from BIOS : system memory multiplier (SPD) - i think if i put it x3.2 i will have 1066, but i' m not sure! (is there AND something else i need to do?)
    And the other question is , am i going to loose my warranty if i overclock the memory? (THE MEMORY I BOUGHT TO RUN AT 1066 AND NOT AT 800!!!) - and of course the motherboard's case had with big black letters that it can "handle" memory at 1066!!! So what am i going to do, i paid a lot of money more for these memory sticks ... Help me please! THANKS!!!!!!!!
    p.s. .. i have the latest Bios!

go to www.anadtech.com. check out the cpu/overclocking in forums. You will find all the info you will need to overclock your computer. Don't panic. You are doing fine. At least you are not getting the cycle reboot problem :)
    E6750 @ 3.6 1.45v (L722A495), (G)MCH +.1v | Gigabyte P35C DS3R -F4g Bios
    2 X 1gig Crucial Ballistixs DDR2 800(1:1) 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640 (690/1090) | Corsair HX 520 | Tuniq Tower 120
    WD Caviar 320 | WD 120 | Sony Optiarc DVD | Antec 900 | XP Pro

I am now experiencing the constant reboot problem also. In my case, the case fans start to spin but the CPU fan and video card fan do not. Then I hear the beep and it starts all over again.

Q6600
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    Corsair 2X1 1GB DDR2 800 C4
    (nothing OC)

Pulled the battery and tried to short the jumpers and moved my ram around without any success. I do not know my BIOS rev as it has been a long time since I updated and can't start my computer at the moment.

Looks like my best option is to buy a different MB :(
    Last edited by persh33; 12-07-2007 at 03:17 AM.

@persh33

Yes once you end up with the constant reboot your only option is to RMA. After going through 2 brand new P35-DS3R boards I just picked up an ABIT IP35 pro which so far I'm very happy with.

When I took away my CPU there is no more reboots and the fans are spinning...could the CPU be defective?

I suppose it could be, however mine and from what I can tell a lot of other people experience the exact same symptoms.

And i have some symptoms more or less like yours! ... sometimes (2 in a week) if i let the PC closed for some hours _ when i turn it on , the CPU's fan is not working properly (it's like it trying to start and then it stops and again the same...) and of course the PC don't start at all! After a minute with reboots , it starts normally (i assume when the temperature is more, on the CPU)
    And today i had my first "blue" screen
    But no reboot so far.... but as i saw in many forums .... they appear after some time --- so , i' m waiting for the jackpot!
    Developers of this motherboard , we want a newer BIOS update with NO problems ... or give us a new board!

im glad I found this forum, I just bought some Corsair Dominator pc8500 ram, and I couldent get it stable at stock 1066, 4 1gb chips, reducing to 2 helped but pc still crashed, and memtest was showing nothing but errors on all my sticks, which I see as unlikely, bumping voltage didnt help with all 4 in, crashes left and right, setting the memory ratio down and overclocking the cpu to 2.84 ghz (e6400), with ram at 1050mhz is stable, with all ram slots used, very wierd that 16mhz higher is so unstable, the computer is not even close to overheating, and going over 1066 is not usable either, I hope they fix this in a future bios update if possible, because its kind of annoying underclocking my ram when its not the problem (no errors on memtest @1050).

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information