Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 304

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R problems




  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    Quote Originally Posted by x2srj View Post
    Got an RMA for my board; Scan are taking that back and the memory (probably to test) but have agreed I can change for another board.... finally I should have a stable machine! I'm going for a different brand, Gigabyte you have scared my brain with your products..
    Just thought I'd humour people in my scenario...

    Scan received my board and it had been damaged in the post so they rejected the RMA!!!! I've complained to RoyalMail who are now investigating!

    typically....

  2. #152

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Distorter View Post
    Well supposedly Gigabyte can fix this, i don't know how but i just got an email from whom i purchased my GA-P35C-DS3R saying that there technical department has sent mine onto Gigabyte Australia to repair and now wont be getting my motherboard back until next year some time. Extremely Unhappy with this Gigabyte

    Lot of problems with this board... NO official answers from Gigabyte , NO new BIOS that probably will fix some issues, bad politic with RMA replacements (like Distorter's and so many others) ... etc ... Although i use Gigabyte boards for some years, i think this one ...is going to be the last one from this company !!! Shame...

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    I hear ya, they have been avoiding my questions to them like the plauge, and instead telling me to try things I already told them I tried, example..

    "...i have tried increasing the voltage on the ddr"

    Thier response,

    "..Have you tried increasing the voltage on the ram?"

    which is absolutely infuriating!! and thats only part of the e-mail they played repeater with me on, asking the same thing that I already had tried and told them I tried! With the last one telling me to reduce my ram to 667mhz, when I told them 800 was stable... and niether solution is acceptable... when I see 1066 support, I want all 4 ram slots to give me 1066 support, end of story!

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    Janus? Anything to test? sean.plantz@gmail.com if ya are just not in posting mood right now.. I want to know if this is going anywhere or if I need to move on, because support is not even e-mailing me back, 3 days and counting. which is quite unprofessional, even a "we are checking on it" would be fine, just something! even if I cant overclock, I want a stock system at the very least.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    Well I dont know whether to cheer or scream!!

    My PC gave up last night. I'm hoping its the P35C-DS3R and I can convince my supplier to swop. I'ts been operating 'fine' not O/C due to the vdimm problems since I got it.

    Then today it just shut down. When I restart I get nothing from it. No display or POST beeps just fans.

    What do you reckon should I celebrate or cry?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    Quote Originally Posted by chris57 View Post
    Well I dont know whether to cheer or scream!!

    My PC gave up last night. I'm hoping its the P35C-DS3R and I can convince my supplier to swop. I'ts been operating 'fine' not O/C due to the vdimm problems since I got it.

    Then today it just shut down. When I restart I get nothing from it. No display or POST beeps just fans.

    What do you reckon should I celebrate or cry?
    remove the battery and clear the CMOS; then restart the machine; this is the only was I could boot my machine from a shutdown status..

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    398

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    Daer all
    I got some update from our BIOS team.But I worry about the answer can not satisfied you guys.I know all of you are thinking when you plus any voltage to your memory, it's should show correct in your both BIOS and software testing, it 's reasonable.
    However, our RD told me :
    Because of the Vcore hardware design, both BIOS and software will show the number lower than normal voltage 25 to 50mV. But in fect the memory voltage can really reach the real voltage.

    I think this is final answer from our RD. And did anyone see "Loadline Calibration" function in your BIOS? it might be helpful.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    Quote Originally Posted by x2srj View Post
    remove the battery and clear the CMOS; then restart the machine; this is the only was I could boot my machine from a shutdown status..
    Damn damn damn.

    I tried battery removal and cmos claering to no effect. Then I removed all but one RAM stick still nothing. For the hell I swopped the sticks over and it started. Looks like a poor stick of RAM so no possibility of swopping this mobo

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    Daer all
    I got some update from our BIOS team.But I worry about the answer can not satisfied you guys.I know all of you are thinking when you plus any voltage to your memory, it's should show correct in your both BIOS and software testing, it 's reasonable.
    However, our RD told me :
    Because of the Vcore hardware design, both BIOS and software will show the number lower than normal voltage 25 to 50mV. But in fect the memory voltage can really reach the real voltage.

    I think this is final answer from our RD. And did anyone see "Loadline Calibration" function in your BIOS? it might be helpful.


    What is the loadline calibration? What does it do? What bios is it in? Has anybody seen this or used it?
    E6750 @ 3.6 1.45v (L722A495), (G)MCH +.1v | Gigabyte P35C DS3R -F4g Bios
    2 X 1gig Crucial Ballistixs DDR2 800(1:1) 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640 (690/1090) | Corsair HX 520 | Tuniq Tower 120
    WD Caviar 320 | WD 120 | Sony Optiarc DVD | Antec 900 | XP Pro

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

    ive never heard of that option in any bios, even with advanced settings, unless it goes by some wierd name. A quick google of the option finds it in only the high end maximus boards by asus... but I cant find a single review of this option existing on a gigabyte board (granted, this was only a quick google of it, but I would think it would be a much talked about option if it affected ram compatibility, or voltage control) is there some developer advanced options that we cant get to that opens this up??? like a cntrl-f1 equivilent?

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •