Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Dear Jackrip5 and Webslinger

Both of you are useing F4G BIOS?

If the answer is yes, maybe you can try F3 BIOS.

Send me a mail if you need this BIOS.

janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    Dear Jackrip5 and Webslinger

Both of you are useing F4G BIOS?

If the answer is yes, maybe you can try F3 BIOS.

Send me a mail if you need this BIOS.

janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Thank You.
    Hi Janus,

Unfortunately, with this issue, it's impossible to flash any bios. The computer will not get a chance to show anything on the monitor before it reboots by itself. I can not get into the bios main menu. I can not get into the Q-Flash utility either.

If the issue is the F4G bios, then it's killing this motherboard. If you believe the F4G bios is creating this issue, then I would suggest Gigabyte remove that file from its website immediately.

Sincerely,

Webslinger

Hi Webslinger

I will talk to pm about this,
    and about the reboot issue.
    If you can boot to DOS then can use flash8xx to update BIOS.
    If not, please send the MB back to RMA to fix it.

Thank You
    Last edited by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh; 08-28-2007 at 06:01 PM.

Hi Janus, thx for reply.

Just like webslinger said, u can't get a chance to flash it because it shuts down less than 2 seconds after it startet (there is not post, no screen, no beep, simply nothing). And as long you keep the board on surge, it doesnt stop with it (starting - shuting off - starting - shutting off - and so on until you pull the power).

For your info, it was the f2 bios.

I had contact with the reseller, i'll receive another one. I like this DDR2/DDR3 feature and i'll give it second try (besides i dont want to reactivate all the MS Stuff either ;-) )

Greetz

You aren't going to believe this but I am having the EXACT same problem as webslinger and Jackrip5. In a way I'm so glad I found this thread, as I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my PC - but thankfully I am not alone...

Janus - I think the DS3R board has a serious problem mate. This is obviously not an isolated issue. Just for your benefit - here are the details of my problem (as posted on a number of other boards):

--
    My PC will not POST; it turns on, fans spin up for about 3 seconds, then bang, it immediately resets itself and repeats as above, over and over until I turn it off at the PSU.

I've tried everything - isolating, unplugging all cards, switching sticks of RAM etc., clearing the CMOS - and it still does not work. Iíve even tried a new PSU but the same problem still exists.

Here's the funny part though. This is not a new build - it's been working perfectly for the last 4 weeks as is. I flashed the mobo to F4g about a week ago. This is a beta BIOS - but it was working fine for 5 days after flashing so I believe unrelated to the problem.

On a normal boot last Monday, the PC hung midway through the XP logo - I then hit the reset button and this all started.

What the hell can I do? I'm not exactly a newbie but I'll be buggered if I can think of anything else... It canít be the PSU as like I said - I tried a new PSU (550w Ezcool) and the same problem continued.

Please please please I'm almost sc****ing for help with this problem. It's been working fine and this random problem appears to completely screw my PC... HELP!

--
    C2D E6750 @ stock (Zalman 9700NT HSF)
    Gigabyte P35C-DS3R (F4g)
    2GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400
    BFG OC2 8800 320Mb GTS
    650w Enermax Infiniti
    X-fi Xtreme Gamer
    2x Samsung 500Gb
    SilverStone TJ-09
    Zalman ZM-MFC2 Fan Controller

I along with webslinger really wanted to love this mobo, but I simply can't go back to a second one in case this happens again. I'll return it and more than likely get a different brand... not what I want but what can we do?

Quote Originally Posted by lapens View Post
    You aren't going to believe this but I am having the EXACT same problem as webslinger and Jackrip5. In a way I'm so glad I found this thread, as I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my PC - but thankfully I am not alone...

Janus - I think the DS3R board has a serious problem mate. This is obviously not an isolated issue. Just for your benefit - here are the details of my problem (as posted on a number of other boards):

--
    My PC will not POST; it turns on, fans spin up for about 3 seconds, then bang, it immediately resets itself and repeats as above, over and over until I turn it off at the PSU.

I've tried everything - isolating, unplugging all cards, switching sticks of RAM etc., clearing the CMOS - and it still does not work. Iíve even tried a new PSU but the same problem still exists.

Here's the funny part though. This is not a new build - it's been working perfectly for the last 4 weeks as is. I flashed the mobo to F4g about a week ago. This is a beta BIOS - but it was working fine for 5 days after flashing so I believe unrelated to the problem.

On a normal boot last Monday, the PC hung midway through the XP logo - I then hit the reset button and this all started.

What the hell can I do? I'm not exactly a newbie but I'll be buggered if I can think of anything else... It canít be the PSU as like I said - I tried a new PSU (550w Ezcool) and the same problem continued.

Please please please I'm almost sc****ing for help with this problem. It's been working fine and this random problem appears to completely screw my PC... HELP!

--
    C2D E6750 @ stock (Zalman 9700NT HSF)
    Gigabyte P35C-DS3R (F4g)
    2GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400
    BFG OC2 8800 320Mb GTS
    650w Enermax Infiniti
    X-fi Xtreme Gamer
    2x Samsung 500Gb
    SilverStone TJ-09
    Zalman ZM-MFC2 Fan Controller

I along with webslinger really wanted to love this mobo, but I simply can't go back to a second one in case this happens again. I'll return it and more than likely get a different brand... not what I want but what can we do?
    That happened to me - EXACTLY the same - it hung in the XP logo, and when I reset it would no longer work. Spooky. I'd say this board definitely has issues.

My replacement has been OK so far, apart from a few lock-ups. I am very nervous though.

Dear Harbottle and lapens

I am sorry to hear about it.And I wish you had read the informtion I posted in 8/28.

Now please let me update the information for you.
    1.We have newer BIOS the F4i on GBT website.
    2.If you don't want to use bate BIOS, you can update back to F2 BIOS,or mail me janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw,i will send you F3 BIOS.
    3.If you can boot to DOS then can use flash8xx to update BIOS.
    4.If not, please send the MB back to RMA to fix it.

I Wish those information can help you.
    Thank You<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    Dear Harbottle and lapens

I am sorry to hear about it.And I wish you had read the informtion I posted in 8/28.

Now please let me update the information for you.
    1.We have newer BIOS the F4i on GBT website.
    2.If you don't want to use bate BIOS, you can update back to F2 BIOS,or mail me janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw,i will send you F3 BIOS.
    3.If you can boot to DOS then can use flash8xx to update BIOS.
    4.If not, please send the MB back to RMA to fix it.

I Wish those information can help you.
    Thank You<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

My M/Board is rev1.1 - I can only find pages for rev1.0 and 2.0 on GBT website:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2551
    Last edited by Harbottle; 08-31-2007 at 04:38 AM.

Dear Harbottle

As I know, the rev.1.1 is the same with 2.0. Just because lot of costemer feel 1.1 let they feel we will change the PCB rev very often, than we decision named to 2.0.
    But just like the MB you had bought, still had some rev 1.1 MB was selling.

THANK you

Like many of you, I am glad to have found others with the same problems I have been struggling to understand!

This was my system at the time of my first build:
    Antec Solo case
    Gigabyte P35C-DSR mobo
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4300
    Tunig Tower Heatpipe cooler
    Patriot 2X1GB PC2-6400 CL4-4-4-12 Dual Channel Memory Kit
    Asus Silentcool 8600GT video card
    Samsung 321KJ HDD
    Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA DVD-RW
    Seasonic S12-380watt PSU

When I first assembled my system with this board, the system would make a POST beep, but then it would freeze on the gigabyte bios splash screen even with only one stick of RAM and nothing else installed. I RMA'd the board, CPU and RAM, and my store told me one of the ram sticks was bad. This surprised me because I had tried both sticks.

Anyway, with a second pair of the same ram, I got past the BIOS and into the Vista Set up. But as Vista was beginning to install, it froze at the green bars and then a BSOD ... I eventually got it to work with only one stick of ram, since the other had "mysteriously" gone bad.

Since this was the second stick of this brand to go bad, I switched to a 2GB pair of Corsair 6400-C4, the kind Gigabyte tested with this board. I was having good results with this configuration until I changed the timings of the RAM to 4-4-4-12, which is what they are rated at. When I tried to load Vista, the computer froze at the green bars again. So hit restart. Ever since I've had the same problem of continuous restartsócan't even get it to POST.

As I was bothered by the looseness of the northbridge heatsink, before I sent in my system for this third (and hopefully final) RMA I decided to remove the NB heatsink (which popped out way too easily) and noticed that the PCB around the chip looks melted. I thought I'd post this pic in case anyone thinks it might be related to the RAM/BIOS/ boot issues with this board.

I hope we can solve this as I've been waiting a month and a half to actually use my new computer!
    Last edited by Johnpk; 09-01-2007 at 11:18 PM.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information