Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Question Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

The Thread was just too long to read it all but what I did read disturbed me. I am having the same exact problem with the constant rebooting. Never reaches post. This may be in the latter half of the Thread but did the Gigabyte rep or anyone else discuss the possibility of bad capacitors? That, I would think, would case this problem. I have revision 1.1 of this board and I got it back in August of 07. Worked great until yesterday when I got the same problem. Any comments??

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

What settings are you using, and what is your specs? If you have Crucial Ram that is likely part of the issue

Copy and paste back your settings. This is a "Templete" not suggestions, add or remove anything your BIOS does not have and I will see if I can see what might be your issue >>>
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [102]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Quote Originally Posted by well learnded View Post
    I have a different problem. I am not even sure if it is a mobo issue, but I am trying dearly to define the problem.

Everytime I turn on my computer I get no signal to my monitor (THE BOARD DOES NOT RESET, it stays running, all the fans and lights remain on until i turn off the power). I built my system a couple weeks ago. the first time i tried to use it it didn't work. I fiddled with the video card and magically it worked. I could play any game flawlessly. As of last friday I have not been able to get it working again no matter what I try. I have used three video cards, (2 pci-e, 1 pci). Completely removed every component, booted without the hd and cd drive and nothing works. I know the monitor works because I can use my laptop on it.

I am convinced it is either a mobo, psu, or cpu issue. I don't really think it is the cpu because all 4 cores were operating perfectly when it was working, but of course i can't be sure.

Here are my system Specs:
    Intel q6600
    Gigabyte P35c-DS3R v1.1
    EVGA 8800GTX / BFG GeForce 6200 (pci)
    2GB Corsair memory 1066mhz
    raptor drive
    Hello all,
    I'm no expert and I'm having this exact problem. i built my rig (my first) in mid december, and it had worked flawlessly until yesterday. when i came home from work and turned it on, i got no signal to my monitor. i switched out monitors and even video cards, all to no avail. when the computer posts, it does give me a beep code, 1 long 2 short, which should indicate a problem with the monitor/video card. not sure what else i can do, as i have no way of seeing anything without a monitor. i read thru all the previous posts and have seen a few others with this same issue. i pulled out the board and looked it over, couldn't see any obvious signs of a short or damage done to the board. i have not over-clocked or altered the original bios in any way and have not made any recent upgrade or installed any new programs in a few weeks. my specs are below:

- Intel Core2Duo E6750
    - Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R
    - DDR2 (2x1GB) PC8500 Dual OCZ (Mdl#:OCZ2N1066SR2GK)
    - ASUS EN8600GT Silent - HDCP Compliant Video Card
    - Thermaltake PP 500w 12v 2.0 PSU
    - WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA HD

i suspect its the mobo and plan on taking to the retailer this afternoon (thankfully i purchased a warranty on the chip and mobo). just wanted to let others know this may be an issue.

I've just bought a P35C-DS3R rev 2.1, a Q9300 and 2 x 2GB sticks of some OCZ RAM. I appear to be having similar problems.

The RAM is rated for 5-4-4-15, 400MHz, 2.1v. For the first couple of days it seemed fine. I left everything at stock. I then decided to try some rather mild overclocking. 2.8GHz seemed stable at stock vcore, this was at 400MHz with a 7.0x multipler, keeping the RAM at 400MHz with a RAM multiplier of 2. All power saving options still enabled. Any kind of 'turbo' options disabled. Advanced RAM timings on auto, manual timings set to 5-4-4-15
    and the only voltage tweaked was the RAM, at +0.2v. It primed overnight just fine.

The trouble started when I tried to settle at 3GHz. I was no intending to go any higher than that. It failed prime95 on one core, so I bumped up the vcore a bit. It lasted longer, but then rather than failing prime, it started to reboot itself or hard lock. Nothing seemed to improve the situation much, I tried all sorts.. increasing MCH, PCI-E and FSB voltages (never higher than +0.2v) etc, so I decided to go back to 2.8GHz and retest. Now this was also rebooting and locking up! Prime95 was *NOT* showing any normal errors or failing. Memtest86 ran for a few passes just fine.

I tried flashing BIOS back and forth, at stock of course, between F11E and F10 to no avail. I cleared CMOS... and it just got worse. Now if I tried to alter any overclocking related settings at all, it would turn off after saving, turn on, turn off again, turn on, turn off again and finally turn on. All settings had been set back to default. I could not get to 2.8GHz with the exact same settings I had previously booted with and primed stable for at least 8 hours. It had even begun to start rebooting and locking up at what should be stock.

I removed the board and looked under the heatsink. I put some Ceramique paste on, booted up and was able to get it to save overclock settings again! But things were still locking up and rebooting. Even in memtest86!

Things started to get better when I tried disabling C1E and EIST, leaving TM2 on. The rebooting and locking up seemed to be far less common, memtest86 was passing again. Windows would boot at 3GHz. Cutting it short, after much faffing about I got it to run 26 hours Prime95 at 3GHz, but superpi mod 1.5 was crashing trying to do a 1M run.

So I went about trying to fix this. I set MCH to +0.1v, FSB to +0.1v, RAM to +0.4v, set timings to 5-5-5-18 to make sure it wasn't that, put vcore to 1.30v, (it ran 26 hours at 1.275v). I then ran three instances of the Windows memtest, testing all available memory in 1GB chunks (which do not find errors, memtest passes etc) and ran superpi along side this. This helped, but it was then crashing on 8M runs instead.

I then found this thread, and read someone was able to cure their issues by setting the RAM timings to auto, and leaving the RAM voltage at 'normal'. I tried this, it set my RAM timings to 6-6-6-18 and according to a windows tool, memset, it had relaxed advanced timings quite a lot (even though I left these at auto in BIOS at all times!). I figured then that maybe all the issues were down to the BIOS being too aggressive with the advanced RAM timings. At first I tried without any voltage increase except vcore. Failed trying to do a 4M run, increasing vcore and vdimm did nothing. I put +0.1 back on MCH and FSB and it managed to get half way through superpi 32M and locked up!

Added +0.1v PCI-E, it got about half way through 32M and crashed, but didn't lock up.

I've reset to stock speeds, kept using auto for all the ram timings (the option where it greys out all RAM timings, not setting to manual and then individually adjusting each timing to auto). I've run this test again....... and it crashed superpi. At stock.

Some of the above was cut a bit short, but you probably get the idea. I've tried adjusting a lot of settings to get this thing stable with any kind of overclock, and nothing seems to want to work.

I'm fairly convinced it is the board at fault at the moment, especially given the other reports of similar problems. I think I am going to return it. I may try a P35-DS3R, but there seems to be the same issues with these too, so I am hesitant.

Refresh to act for 2x2 sticks needs to be set!!! At 52-62, start with 62. Also be sure to lock PCI Express Frequency to 100. MCH yes will be needed to be bumped, to +.1 - +1.25 - +.150.

I would also suggest raising ram voltages over 2.1 ( +0.3) is just asking for the ram to fail, so keep it at 2.1 or lower. No matter the specs most ram today runs will under it specified voltage anyway, but going into 2.2 -2.3 range is Very much shortening the rams lifespan. Even with a fan, which I do suggest for anything over 2.1

As for you Vcore, You may need 1.35 or more, I have not seen much tests with Q9300, but I do think under 1.3 is low for your overclock choice. But I could be wrong, it sounds like you do know what you are doing there.

Just try your tests, but set the above mentioned subtiming manually for sure. It is also BEST when overclocking to shut off the ALL of following, which could also be causing some of your errors >> C1E, C.I.A.2, TM2, EIST

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Refresh to act for 2x2 sticks needs to be set!!! At 52-62, start with 62. Also be sure to lock PCI Express Frequency to 100. MCH yes will be needed to be bumped, to +.1 - +1.25 - +.150.
    PCI-E is locked at 100MHz. I'm now trying to get the damn thing stable at stock. I shouldn't need +0.1v on MCH for that if you ask me, but I will attempt to set Refresh to ACT to 62. The only problem there, as I pointed out earlier, is when manually setting RAM timings, even if setting them all to auto, it seems like it might be being too agressive on the advanced timings.

I would also suggest raising ram voltages over 2.1 ( +0.3) is just asking for the ram to fail, so keep it at 2.1 or lower. No matter the specs most ram today runs will under it specified voltage anyway, but going into 2.2 -2.3 range is Very much shortening the rams lifespan. Even with a fan, which I do suggest for anything over 2.1
    The RAM voltages seem to be all over the place with this board. At 'normal', where it is apparently supposed to be 1.8v, the BIOS reads 1.9v. +0.1v reads 1.9v STILL! +0.2v reads 2.05v, +0.3v reads 2.15v and +0.4v reads 2.24v from what I remember. I seem to recall easytune's overclocking settings reads +0.4v at 2.1v. So I have absolutely no idea. I only tried +0.4v for one small run to see if it did anything, however. I do not actively want to run at such voltages.

As for you Vcore, You may need 1.35 or more, I have not seen much tests with Q9300, but I do think under 1.3 is low for your overclock choice. But I could be wrong, it sounds like you do know what you are doing there.
    Stock at 2.5GHz is 1.225v. Perhaps I am being optimistic, but I have read reports of people achieving 3GHz with the 45nm chips at stock voltage. I am not sure I should need as much as 1.35v.... that seems high to me. I don't know much about these chips though.

Just try your tests, but set the above mentioned subtiming manually for sure. It is also BEST when overclocking to shut off the ALL of following, which could also be causing some of your errors >> C1E, C.I.A.2, TM2, EIST
    They're all off except TM2. I feel I should be able to keep C1E and EIST on though. When I first got the board I was running at 2.8GHz and booting at 3GHz just fine with those on. Now I can't.... for reasons unknown to me.

I am now going to try with the following settings.

CPU / FSB @ stock, RAM multiplier on 2.4, giving 800MHz.

RAM at 5-6-6-18

Advanced timings:

ACT to ACT Delay: 4
    Rank Write to READ delay: 4
    Write to Precharge Delay: 8
    Refresh to ACT delay: 62
    Read to Precharge Delay: 4
    Static tRead Value: 10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust: Auto

All voltages 'Normal'.

edit - I dont know how good / appropriate those timings are. I just stuck them +1 over what auto was showing basically, to be on the safe side.

I'll be surprised if it makes any difference to be honest. It usually takes about an hour for superpi to crash with all the memtests going, so I will get back to you in a while with the results.

edit - Those settings were a complete no go. Worse than all on auto. Failed in a few minutes. I'll try with +0.1v on the RAM, even though going by the basic timings and frequency, it should run at 1.8v / "normal". It worked for far longer with the RAM timing option set to auto and at 1.8v....

edit - This lasted slightly longer than above, but still far far earlier than with the timings on auto.

edit - These manual timings are not helping. At all.

Logically it's very likely the board. The CPU should be fine, as if it were the CPU then adjusting the RAM settings wouldn't have an effect on the stability.

So that narrows it down to the RAM or board. If it were the RAM that was faulty, then I wouldn't expect increasing of the MCH or FSB voltage to have much effect, and it did.

I'm running one final test, with the timings back at full auto and with +0.1v to the MCH and +0.1v on the RAM. If it doesn't pass this time, I give up. I've been trying to get this thing stable for a week now. I'll have to just buy a different board and hope to high heavens that it fixes everything.

I will let you know what happens.
    Last edited by markie; 05-11-2008 at 02:22 AM.

+.1 on stock is needed for 2x2 because that is not the tested normal amount.

Normal/Auto Jumpe around, and yes +.1 is 1.9 always, or close to it. Auto is not suggested for anything other then setting the board up the first few boots (If needed) Use a REAL program such as PCwizard Or What I use is Everest Ultimate to see your voltages. Granted all software is wrong, but those two mentioned will give you a better idea then Easytune for sure! I suggest you buy a copy of everest! It has many great features, some of which you cannot use in the trial version.

Yeah I am not sure what is needed for those Q9300's either as not many posters have posted any results yet. Ill look around more for you tonight. But no matter if you were ok before or not, these things SHOULD be off when overclocking C1E, C.I.A.2, TM2, EIST. They make changes that mess up your overclock changes and are built to reduce and make changes that are not compatible with overclocked CPU's

As for your auto subtimings, what you see on the left is neither what AUTO gives you and often will change. it is what the board has decided to load at that time in the BIOS only. Dont go by that for anything

Try this for subtimings
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 9-11
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 3-6
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________52-62
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-5
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7-10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31 /AUTO /0

FOR STABILITY AT STOCK >>>

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] <<< I assume this is the spec on your sticker, if not set to what is, 1.8 or 1.9 is not going to work as it is not even close to your specified voltages

PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] << Increase as you overclock Probably not more needed until you go over 475FSB

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] << Increase as you overclock

Just so you know I have helped several people here with OCZ/Corsair ram and the best we found was it is not compatible really and a few users had DOA ram (Found after days of testing). Especially the 2x2 sticks. If you do ram or buy different I suggest Mushkin or Gskill

Hello all,

Same here! This mobo (ver 2.1) was killed stone-dead by a 'successful' upgrade from the first-released to the second-released BIOS program.

Moreover I got it back from warranty malfunctioning!

But then at least I could flash the BIOS back to the working original one.

Nothing was overclocked.

Don't think there are any excuses available to Gigabyte, in this case. It is as simple as a case of sloppy or incompetent engineering/programming/pre-market release testing by Gigabyte.

However, their online response was friendly and understanding, and the service people at least did restore the BIOS so that I could revert to the old BIOS-version.

Hi everyone,

Sorry if my problem has already been solved, but theres a LOT to go through in this thread!

So, I've got a P35C-DS3R Revision 1.1
    I was previously running BIOS Ver F10 when this problem started happening.

My CPU is an E8400, memory is 4x 1GB G.Skill DDR-1066 and video card is an MSI HD3870 (OC edition)

The problem I have is when I turn on the machine, it'll just sit there and not do anything. There are no beeps, nothing. The video card fan doesn't come up to speed either (It is significally louder than everything else... Unfortunatly!)
    If I turn the machine off, and turn it back on, the same thing will happen. I then turn off the power supply (Thermaltake Toughpower 750w BTW) and turn it back on after about 10 seconds, and it starts up fine.
    It also has the same problem when trying to come out of Vista's suspend mode.
    This just started happening out of the blue, and I've tried quite a few things. Upgraded BIOS to version F11e, loaded optimized defaults, made sure there was no overclocking of any sort etc, but it still happens.
    Thought it might be the memory, but I've tested it extensivly, and there appears to be no problem.
    Once the system is up and running, it appears to be fine. But after shutting down, I'll have problems booting Windows Vista again, and have to insert the install CD and run a repair on it to get it running.

Any ideas???? Thanks guys!

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information