Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

First of all stop using and disable Resume/Sleep

Then post to me your settings, having to repair vista to make it run sounds very reminiscent of a incorrect memory setting. Which if you would change you would not get the corrupt vista error (if it is what I am thinking of, it has happened to me when I was testing some settings) I have since seen it again and knew it was too tight of a ram setting.

This is of course referring to you having to repair windows I mean. Sleep/Resume is just asking for a RMA based on my experiences so get used to not using it, the more you try the closer you will get to a dead board

Post me back your MIT settings, And I will see if I notice anything too tight that is causing your corrupt windows error. Please try to post in the ones you were trying to use when your vista became corrupt if you can remember them

Ohh and please use Qflash not @BIOS and go back to F11, no need for a beta BIOS for your CPU right? Right

Of course load optimized defaults, the save and apply F10 reboot, then make you changes. This is a MUST

Just a template I use to ask people there settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours.

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [102]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
    Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Hi, sorry its taken me a while to get back.

I've re-flashed with F10 and heres the settings:

CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Disabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [333]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [Auto]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Auto]
    Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ Auto (5)
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ Auto (7)
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______ Auto (7)
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ Auto (20)
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ Auto (4)
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ Auto (4)
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ Auto (8)
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ Auto (56)
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ Auto (4)
    Static tRead Value_______________ Auto (6)
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ Auto (0)

System Voltage Control____ Auto
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ Normal
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ Normal
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ Normal
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control Normal
    CPU Voltage Control_______ Normal

Everything is pretty much set to auto. Things like the Robust Graphics Booster were set to turbo, and I've put them to auto.

Thanks for your help

Ok if you want to start Doing some fine tuning here is High starting points, set all high and then work your way down, testing ONE MOVE AT A TIME... Otherwise if you start moving more then one without testing you wont know which is causing your errors.

If you just want to leave then all in AUTO, you at least should set for sure the Items in BOLD manually for 4X1GB sticks

CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [333]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100 << ALWAYS Set]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.20 << For 1066]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]
    Performance Enhance = [Standard] <<< Always leave on Standard

CAS Latency Time________________ 4-5 Depending on what your stick says on sticker/specs
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________4-5 Depending on what your stick says on sticker/specs
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______ 4-5 Depending on what your stick says on sticker/specs
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 12-15/18 Depending on what your stick says on sticker/specs

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-5
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-5 Or 9-11 May need 18 you can test this one last
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 3-5
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52-62 May even need 68 but unlikely, also may take less then 52 as well

Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7-10 (You can try 6 last, but it may cause a reboot cycle on you so be ready to clear CMOS)
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ Always leave on Auto or Zero or 1-31

System Voltage Control____ Manual
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ + 0.3V = 2.1V (Set to your rams spec, likely 2.1V
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ +0.1V << For stability
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ +0.1V << For stability
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control +0.1V - +0.125V - +0.150V << For stability, more is needed for sure for 4X1GB sticks, so likely start with 1.25 or more

CPU Voltage Control_______ Normal << You can leave this if you are not overclocking, or set to a minimal amount and keep lowering and testing. Most of the time stock or Auto is more then needed for sure

Thanks for that. My RAM timing state they're 5-7-7-20, but CPUZ says the timing tables for 533mhz are 5-5-5-15? Odd. I set them to that, and seems to be working fine.
    I've upped the (G)MCH voltage and the DDR voltage, so will see how it goes from here.
    Thanks heaps for the help, greatly appreciated.
    I'll hook you up with a tab if you're ever in NZ hahahah (Just kidding)

Yes, that is because in AUTO the board decides (Usually wrongly which is why I made suggestions for you)

Damn, ya could mail me one now!!!! (Not kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh, well I dont have any extra CD's so I tried to grab the Floppy version, guess I will have to wait. I have a FBI Forensics CD, I just have to find where I stuck it in my CD mess.
    Lsdmeasap,

I know this reply is very late, however, I wanted to follow up.

What I have managed to do is take a SanDisk cruzer mini 512MB USB flash drive (thumb drive), and make a DOS "boot disk". I used Windows 98SE DOS for my DOS version. Then in my BIOS I booted it by choosing USB - HDD for the boot device. This is VERY handy because I test Hard Drives a lot and I wanted all of the regular DOS programs (fdisk, etc) as well as drive diagnostic utilities from various vendors and third parties. All of these utilities are designed to run from DOS or a boot CD.

What I did was went here: AllBootDisks ISO Image Downloads | AllBootDisks - Providing Free Boot Disks from MS-DOS to Windows XP. to download the Windows 98SE boot NO RAMDRIVE boot ISO. Get the NORAM version because otherwise you can't just open the ISO and get everything (such as format), which is my point. Then open the ISO with Magic ISO maker or WinISO or something and pull out every single file and stick it in a folder.

The catch-22 here is you should burn or make a Windows 98 boot disk or find your old one from way back, if applicable. This is becuase you will need it to create your bootable USB drive. After you make your bootable USB stick, throw all of the regular DOS programs (you put in that folder) and autoexec.bat, etc into the root of it. Then add folders with your DOS based utilites to keep everything tidy.

Anyway, try this method: Bootable USB Drive but UNPLUG ALL OF YOUR HARD DRIVES FIRST. I didn't and what happened is fdisk thought the USB was floppy A: not fixed disk C: and I wrote a new MBR to my first HDD. This would have been fine except I was dual booting with Linux and it overwrote my GRUB boot loader. Then It got stuck on GRUB. I had to boot my Windows XP CD and use the Recovery Console to write another new MBR and Boot Sector. After that XP booted again.

Anyway, now I can throw all of those great old DOS only programs on a "512 MB bootable DOS floppy!"

I am about to try MHDD...

Have you tried it yet?

-breaker

Ya, I have a win98SE bootdisk on floppy. But have yet to even look with anything. It has been so long with this thread, I really am not sure what I was speaking about when you quoted me

Ya, I have a win98SE bootdisk on floppy. But have yet to even look with anything. It has been so long with this thread, I really am not sure what I was speaking about when you quoted me
    LOL! Just the whole finding HPA and assuming that's where a backup BIOS is. I played with MHDD, but I am still unsure about the whole thing...

Ohhh yeah

Did you ever see if you could find it? I still do not believe it!
    Are you guys still on that ;) lol

The HPA is definetly there. Use MHDD to show your user sectors on the primary drive, then look at the drive label and/or the drives specification (on appropiate website). You will find around 2100 user sectors "MISSING" , each 512bytes - around 1MB+ enough for a bios image.

In fact use the EID command in MHDD for a quick check. The HPA "light" will illuminate at the top of the screen.

On another topic:-
    Edit: Like the added "Fine CPU Clock Ratio" addition to the F11e bios. Adding 0.5x to my already 8x multiplier to (8.5x) on a e8200 2.66Ghz isn't overkill, yet gives a good boost without affecting things such as the FSB.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 06-13-2008 at 01:54 AM.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information