Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Ahh well yeah you could keep the ram and just use it on a different board that would be better I suppose. Then when you have extra cash get better ram for your GA board

I flashed back to F10 bios, and voila, none of the strange volt settings are showing up in the bios anymoere. I have it set exactly as I did with the problems. I'm not going to overclock anymore than it is though, don't want this stick to go bad on me.

In reply to your post I was just going to keep the ram with the p35c board without any overclocking. It would be interesting to do some more OC'ing to see if my theory is correct, but that will have to wait. Also, I understand the motherboard doesn;t read the volt correctly, I was using it as a reference between bios revisions.

Ahh nice to hear. Ya some BIOS's just have their quirks.

Always best to try new ones then if the error or have issues go back to the one you like or that was problem free.

Good luck with everything, if you have any more issues feel free to post back And I will try to help

Seems this ram can overclock like crazy. My new problem is proving that. For some reason when I overclock lets say i OC to 2.8, I'll boot into windows and it will be 3.6. If my FSB is at 400, by the time I boot into windows it will be 500 plus. I'm not sure how long this has been happening. I re installed the latest bios to no avail. I ran 3D Mark 06, without realizing it, at 3.86 gigs. Thats with a 500 fsb on the ram i thought was not compatible. I still only have one good stick. I even booted into windows at 4 gigs once, when i first discovered this.

I don't see how it can be a bios problem, since it posts fine whenever I make changes, and if I only increase a small amount windows tells me the same speed. I've gone through and made changes one at a time to verify what setting exactly is the problem.

Threre were a few scattered posts on the net I found. None had any answer though. I have Just installed vista home premium x64 in raid5 arrary. From the posts I've read everyone seems to be having this problem with vista.

I wish I knew for sure whether this started just today, or had been going on and i never realized it. I was overclocking my video card today when I noticed it. I wasn't saving any changes permanently, just finding clock speeds. Hopefully someone can help me out. I'd appreciate it greatly.

Ignore my post, figured it out. Seems the slot the RAM was in is no good. Has to be the answer. Same one the bad stick was in. duh, shoulda done this a week ago. Anyway, after I moved the ram slowly upped the clocks and i'm at 3.06 and haven't gotten any strange overclocks showing up.

Thought I edited this earlier. Turns out, vista cannot always display the cpu speed correctly. Found this out after switching slots and googling for an answer. cpuz obviously is reading directly from the os, when i ran orthos the Host frequency suddenly dropped back to 400, yet it still displayed 3.2 gigs.

So something was ok in the end for me finally. I've been overclocking a bit, and here is where I'm currently at.

Graphics Boost: Auto
    CPU Ratio: 9x
    CPU Host Freq.: 356
    PCI-E: 102
    System Memory Multiplier: 3.00 (1068)

5-5-5-5-14

FSB overvolt: +0.01 bios shows.....core volt .316
    CPU overvolt: 1.3437 ddr2/ddr3 .214
    MCH: +0.01

finally, cpu is obviously at 3.2 with fsb of 356 cpuz shows 1.296, but i think it is the same reading after I had increased cpu 1 setting.

I ran memtest without any errors, one pass anyway. graphics card is at 648/972, temps are around 50 on load (water cool), and I can run through 3D Mark06 without error. I'm using these tests to find my max settings, then I will begin more extensive testive for a stable overclock.
    Last edited by FILTHYSCUMBAG; 08-18-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Tired of reboting and running/crashing 3DMark. Figured i'd post current settings.

Note: Now that I've really begun to overclock, and reaching high speeds, I am fully 100% on the band wagon regarding the terrible design of this board. Vdroop of couse, I read all about it many times and now I'm still shocked to see how much I have to increase it to maintain a small OC.

After switiching from increasing cpu volt by 1 to 2, because reboots were non stop, I changed the timings. Although I can't say lower Host Freq is more stable, as I increased my volt the same time I made this change. It does appear to be so.

CPU clock: x9
    Host Freq: 413.0
    changed RAM to 2T and 5-5-5-15
    set CPU volt to 1.387
    bios shows: 1.348
    cpuz shows: 1.344 (drooped a couple times to 1.328)

Yes, for a gaming/OC motherboard, this is unacceptable to me. Gigabyte should be ashamed of themselves for this poor crafsmanship. It's sad everyone has to post all over the net about a problem like this, only to resolve themselves to live with it. ok feel better now, time to go find something else to crash
    Last edited by FILTHYSCUMBAG; 08-18-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Entered wrong data

Ya, 1T is not going to last very much above 800Mhz. What you best bet would be is to set ram all very loose until you find your CPU overclock you want then work on the ram timings.

Does your BIOS not have Loadline Control? If not, are you using the newest NON beta one?

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread Information