Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

I'll post a new thread when I get some time. I'm going to hold what I got until I can get back to the guide. no point in pushing this much more without doing it correctly. Currently I'm at 3.28 with vcore cpuz at 1.376. No need to push the voltage to 1.4 right now. I'm not really stressing the machine and my temps are more than adequate, so i'll just leave as is until I can get back to doing this correctly. I had some concerns about my graphics card, but seems I'm hitting the max oc. I don't have the link, had to reboot and forgot to bookmark. It's a decent OC at least, and now i don't have to worry other variables are causing the limit.
    Silverstone case, Q6600 cpu Seagate 300 GB sataII drive x 3, in RAID5. evga 8800gts 640mb gigabyte p35c-ds3r rev. 1.1 Toughpower 750W power supply microsoft mouse and gamepad Saitek keyboard vista home premium x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I bought the EP45-DS3R (it's Rev 1.0) approx 12 hours ago and it's doing the same thing on power on:

On for 3 seconds, then reboots and repeats the process.

Doesn't get to POST whatsoever, and i've tried removing every peripheral up to the CPU with the same result.

I'll be taking it back for RMA today.

Did you test each stick one by one in all slots? You may have DOA ram, it happens. I know it is not likely, but can you test the ram in another board? If so You should for sure.

Did you buy ram from the QVL list? Not that I agree with it at all, but just wondering since you did not mention any specs

And you should test again with the minimum (GFX Card, Board, CPU/Heatsink/One stick of ram) On a wooden table or cardboard box to be sure your case or tray is not shorting the board out. No hard drive or CD is needed for this test. I would also test a second power supply if you can

Be sure all items are fully plugged in ATX 12V and 24Pin double check those

Do you have a case speaker connected? If not, can you dig one up out of a older PC around your home (basement or attic maybe?) This would help for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did you test each stick one by one in all slots? You may have DOA ram, it happens. I know it is not likely, but can you test the ram in another board? If so You should for sure.

Did you buy ram from the QVL list? Not that I agree with it at all, but just wondering since you did not mention any specs

And you should test again with the minimum (GFX Card, Board, CPU/Heatsink/One stick of ram) On a wooden table or cardboard box to be sure your case or tray is not shorting the board out. No hard drive or CD is needed for this test. I would also test a second power supply if you can

Be sure all items are fully plugged in ATX 12V and 24Pin double check those

Do you have a case speaker connected? If not, can you dig one up out of a older PC around your home (basement or attic maybe?) This would help for sure!!
    So i returned the original board to the store, they swapped it out for an identical one from a different supplier that they had on the shelf. (Same Rev 1.0 board)

I plugged everything in and got the same result.

I've just tried again as you suggested, with the bare mimimums (on a wooden bench, with only GFX/CPU/one stick of RAM and a different power supply) with the same result once again.

The RAM, CPU and GFX card are all fine as it was pulled out of a system that i am replacing, so i'm left quite stumped at the moment.

I'll be taking it back in a few hours and, if they don't have a later revision board, will be looking at an alternative.

What CPU are you using? And is these PSU's good enough? You sure you are plugging in the ATX 12V 4 or 8 Pin fully?

Same board but different Vendor? Do you mean brand? Just the revision comment had me confused. If it is indeed a different brand you may want to check out that ram somehow, you may have dead Ram with nothing wrong with the boards

NO spec's posted or in your signature makes it hard to say what may or may not be your problems. What Ram brand is this, and how much 2x1 or 2x2. What CPU do you have, and what heatsink. I ask that because some boards have to have the latest BIOS to use certain CPU's, and the heatsink I ask because you may not have it fully tightened down

No case speaker or one you could make into a case speaker around? Maybe you could borrow or pick on up on your next visit to the store?

Problem solved.

CPU was faulty - a very strange and rare outcome.

Took it to the shop with all my bits and we swapped each part out until we finally whacked a new CPU in, and... Bingo! The mobo fired up just fine.

Now typing this post from the system that it's running on.

Thanks for all the help.

Wow, yeah it is rare for sure to get a DOA CPU!

Glad you found the issue, and are up and running!

Unhappy Re: GA-P35C-DS3R V1.1 power recycling issue

I have the issue that is discussed earlier in this thread but seems to have been hijacked lately in as much as I see mostly BIOS changing issues...

I can't even get to the BIOS as my system reboots about every 3 seconds.. no video yet.. Has anybody, anywhere in the 24 pages of this thread found a way to get around this error?

I'm running 2x1024 DDR3 Corsair RAM sticks, and like many it makes no difference if I run 1 or both.. and I've tried an older DDR2 stick and it made no difference either.. I've replaced the PS with a new 500W supply, made no difference.. I've reseated the heatsink/fan over the CPU and it made no difference.. I've tried removing power and the battery.. made no difference...

I've emailed Support but from what I read I may not get a reply! I don't mind RMAing this board, if that is what works, but I'd like to give it my best shot before doing so! I have access to a ROM programmer, but I think the BIOS chip may be soldered onto the board?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated at this point!

Thanks all!
    Last edited by Stuntman; 11-11-2008 at 02:07 AM.

Did you try to clear the CMOS fully and properly? I see you said you removed the bettery, but for how long? And did you short the CMOS Pins while you did this?

What was the older DDR2 ram?

Have you ever got it to work, or is this a new build?

I ask because I would like to know the BIOS version if you do, some CPU's are not supported until you update the BIOS. Which could be your issue here.

Please post your full specs, and do let me know more info

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread Information