Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

UPDATE:

So I've learned that when playing with the cpu voltage, it affects the vdimm. "Normal" on the board for my e4400 was 1.3250v. Just to see if I could run it lower, I changed it to 1.30v (-0.0250v). I set the overvoltage to +0.3. My vdimm dropped in Everest. (sorry...i forgot how much).

Anyway, here's the true test. I put all 4 sticks of ram into my system. I changed the cpu voltage to 1.3125 and the ddr2 overvoltage to +0.2. Everything booted and Everest shows vdimm at 2.14v.

I'm going to let Orthos run for a few days as well as use the computer to see if I can crash it somehow. If all goes well, my nightmare will be over and Jackrip will be my hero.

If you don't hear from me 1 month from now, my problems are solved and I'm a happy camper.

i've had the same problem that everyone is having here except with a ga-p35-ds3l 1.0 board. flashed the bios and now its stuck in a power cycle loop. rma'd to newegg.

Same here: ga-p35-ds3p version 1.1, after 10 days it went into the eternal boot-loop. I got it going again last night, by moving my two corsair 6400 1Gb RAM sticks from slot 1/2 to slot 3/4, it suddenly got into the OS (Vista64). Enormous relief, cause I'm on a deadline in a video-editing project and really can't use this kind of problem at all. It took hours to solve it, with many thanks to this thread which made me see this is a common bug in this tipe of board, and that it's probably related to the memory bus.
    I flashed bios from 4F to 6, but that doesn't give me the ram-slots back. For the moment I'll leave the thing alone, glad enough that it's alive again, and working along with crossed fingers.

To add a few details for the troubleshooting: in this forum: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1216988
    someone suggested the problem is related to setting the memory multiplier, and the PSU having been disconnected from the powernet.
    Maybe that makes sense: I had manually set my memory to multiplier 2, (I ran my Q6600 at fsb 400 and multiplier 7 and wanted memory to run 1:1). I had also given Ram +0,2 Volt. After that I indeed disconnected the board from the powernet, because I changed the cpu-cooler.

Kept on searching the web to find the solution for this. Some other victims of the eternal boot loop at http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=443748. So I found a lot of computer-literate users with this problem, and nobody has a clue how to solve it, except for RMA. The point is, if I'd send the board back I wouldn't trust the replacement board either.
    At the top of this page I see the text: Gigabyte are here to provide free technical support for their motherboards, graphics cards and other products.
    So Gigabyte, what do you say, isn't it time for some reaction?

Yeah...it doesn't seem that Gigabyte has an answer.

So far, the most stable setup for me has been to not overclock and leave everything at auto. Which kind of defeats the purpose of buying a board like this. Have you tried this with your RAM in the banks 1/2?

Currently, with new memory, I am able to keep my system stable with a mild overclock. As Jackrip suggested, I used Everest to determine what my vdimm was running at and that has made all the difference in the world. Don't follow the DD2/DD3 overvoltage number. It's misleading.

Something else of note, in the BIOS, under PC Health, my memory used to say "failed". After correcting the overvoltage confirmed by Everest, it now says "passed" or whatever it's suppose to say.

I'm going to wait a month with my BIOS setup like this to see if it will go bad. If not, then I think I found the solutions to my issues. I hope you find yours. Good luck.

I too have everything on auto now, without any overclock, with RAM in slot 3/4 it works. I'm not too keen on changing anything now, too afraid it will return to it's bootlooping state, and I can't afford that risk.
    I did find one interesting tip on a German forum (quite a few people with the same problem (they call this bug the "Endlosschleife"). Some people had success with: REMOVE THE CPU, then startup, put the CPU back. Or in beautiful german language:

CPU raus, board ohne CPU starten, CPU wieder rein!
    Hatte ich auch schon mal mit einem DS3.

Quote Originally Posted by sturm View Post
    I too have everything on auto now, without any overclock, with RAM in slot 3/4 it works.
    So you only have 1 simm of ram in [] [] [x] [] slot?

I built my system this weekend with this board. I started off following this advice and put my 1 gig DDR2 Corsairs in 2 and 4. My vista install kept freezing. Called Microsoft and they said install vista with only 1 ram simm in. Got vista going and still had some freezing. Once I put the ram back in 1 and 3 everything ran faster and without freezing.

I do not intend to overclock this board. Mostly because of everyones problems.
    Note: I did not turn off SmartFan and both my cores are running just fine at 24c with no fan alarm. I do have a Artic Freezer Pro 7 CPU fan, not the stock Intel one.

Couple quick questions:

Will it be ok to buy 2 more sticks of Corsair 512mb DDR2? For a total of 3gig. I'm running Vista 32bit and know it won't recognize much more than 3. I read in the mobo manual, next to a smiley faced tip, that theres a feature that will make different capacities work together. And I want the most ram my 32 bit can run. Especially since I read vista eats up to a gig to run.

My ram is 1066 2.1v rated. Do I need to go up the voltage to +2 or will the mobo detect and run it correctly? Where do I look to confirm?

One last thing.. Anyone playing WoW with this mobo? I get great frame rate in full-screen mode but it drops to 4 to 7FPS in windowed mode (I have 2 monitors and kinda need the full-screen windowed mode).

Thanks
    Last edited by damianicus; 09-18-2007 at 12:07 AM.

Thought it was only XP that couldnt get full use out of 4Gb of RAM.

Get yourself a copy of Everest Ultimate to check out your RAM voltage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chris57 View Post
    Thought it was only XP that couldnt get full use out of 4Gb of RAM.
    The 3GB limit applies to all 32bit operating systems (well for those that can get that far, win9x oses can't usually get past 512MB) to be able to use more then you'll need a 64bit os.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information