Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-N680SLI-DQ6 rev 2

Default GA-N680SLI-DQ6 rev 2

Hello all!
    Found this sight as I need motherboard support, there is no support forum for gigabyte MB"S except this ( and for that I thank TT).
    Janus if you could post a PDF of the setup for a "enable raid array" as I'm not sure proper steps to take.
    Just built this rig, and I have setup raids before but selections are confusing (as there are many) , here's my spec's. Again I'm having trouble enabling the raid then loading the OS as you know if not done right windows will not see it... Also the drivers from your sight(for the raid) when trying to load them it says"blah blah file missing"?
    Specs:
    Windows XP PRO(already installed)
    MB GA-N680SLI-DQC-rev2
    CPU C2D E6750
    Hard drives WD caviars 4 160 gig 7,200 RPM (two raids, stripping)
    DDR2 G-Skill 800Mhz two sticks (slots one and three)
    GPU evga 8800 GTS 320MB
    PSU Enermax 850 Galaxy
    case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS

Thanks in advance!!
    JAGGERWILD and "dorth Star" project

Default Re: GA-N680SLI-DQ6 rev 2

Do you have user manual? you will see it in page 76 to 80. Thank you ^^.

Yes I have the manual, was looking for some technical advice (I.E. something more).
    Thanks!

OK,
    Then how about why the rev2 has a 570 chipset rather than the one I piad for? Buy a board that has no support what so ever.

Jaggerwild

Dear jaggerwild

I am sorry my answer can not let you satisfy.
    I am not a RMA guy. i don’t have the PDF of the setup for a "enable raid array" so I told you can read the manual.
    it is not easy for me to answer you via internet.

If you need more information, you can RMA it, or mail me your detail setup. I will try to give you more information.(janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw)

OK,
    Ms. Janus Thanks for the offer, for the heck of it today I plugged two of my hard drives into the purple (giga-SATA) plugs first two on the left. Sense we can hot swap I did it in windows and "BAMMM" up came the raid(I set it up as 0). So now I have a raid 0 stripping, I'm not wanting to use it as my other hard drive has the OS already, might try to morph it over latter. but did want to let you know, also after I rebooted I disabled the NV serial ATA controller and couldn't see my other drives. This sheds a lot of light on my set up and the north bridge too, just that happening.
    but would like to know when the new Bios does come out?
    Thank you again!
    I will stick around and try to help people too ...................

Jaggerwild

1.so you wish you can use single HDD for OS, and Raid for file storage?

2.what is you now bios?

It's the rev2 board they only have the default Bios(f5), sorry for the language problem as I guess it's hard to understand me.
    Yesterday i was downloading a file not big, went to do some wash and when i returned nothing wouldn't come out of hibernate(still running just no display) . So i powered down then back on nothing, cleared the CMOS(battery out for six hours used a reset button) nothing, powers up but no beeps no nothing.
    I'll call RMA America in the morning, thank you for trying. I did have it working not the way I wanted it but it did work. there was only a 30 day warranty from new egg so now I'm stuck, cause I have to purchase the items one at a time as I got paid.
    Thank you for your help,
    Jaggerwild

There is only the original Fa BIOS for rev2 posted on Gigabyte's site. There is a beta BIOS I obtained from their tech support-you have to email them-that solves nothing.

I have tried that beta bios as well and it did nothing for me either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information