Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt Bios

Default Corrupt Bios

System Motherboard is Gigabyte 965P-DS3 (rev3.3) F12 Bios.

PC was working fine for months, turned if off last night then suddenly it won't POST when booting up. Just one message that says:

Award Bootblock BIOS
    v 1.0
    Scanning Bios Image in HArd Drive ...

I have tried each individual component(memory, video card, hard disk ) and all work fine in my other PC.

I have been told I need to get the computer to recover the bios file, what loaction do I place the bios file on the hard disk, so it can find it and recover the bios. I have tried a floppy disk with the the bios file but it doesn't search the disk.
    I really don't want to RMA the board just to flash the bios.

Default Re: Corrupt Bios

Ok I got it working, I managed to get it to read the backup bios from the hidden area in the Hard disk.

FYI, the BIOS files are kept in the CMOS chip on your mainboard and not on your hard drive.

On these motherboards, there is a bios image stored on the hard drive as well.

If you are overclocking, time to turn down the clocks. Something is unstable.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

it's your BIOS broken and the virtual DualBIOS auto recover your BIOS.

I got the same error message, but mine ended with

"cannot find BIOS image or hard drive or diskette!!"

The harddisk that I always use on the PC doesn't seem to contain the image BIOS file..so the BIOS couldn't recover from it ..

The problem started with I tried to flash the GA-K7N400L with @BIOS from Gigabyte website. After I rebooted the system, I got these Award BOOTBLOCK 1.0 error..

The question is.. is there a way to get the BIOS to at least read from floppy drive or CDROM drive? I have the 3 files: flash utility, bin file, and autoexec, but the PC just wouldn't even look at the floppy drive at all. CD and bootable CD containing the 3 files don't work either. Any suggestions??? THanks.

Dear Newbie07

you can also try to update with flash memory in BIOS.

Hi Janus,

Hmm..can you tell me the instruction on how to get to the 'flash memory in BIOS', please.

I could not get into the BIOS by pressing Del or F1-F12, which means I couldn't get to the screen to press F8 to access the BIOS utilities.

Or.. by the word 'flash memory', you mean a USB flash drive? I haven't tried that, and I'll try it when I get home tonight.

Thanks.

When system turn on and you hear bee sound pass del.you will get into BIOS.
    When you get into BIOS pass F8,than you can use usb Flash memory to update your BIOS.

If you can not, please try to use ps2 keyboard. and yes ,flash memory mean a USB flash drive.

Tried, and failed. My keyboard is PS2, and the Del didn't get me to the BIOS screen. It seems that there was no response from the keyboard at all. Before the BIOS was corrupted, I was able to get to the BIOS fine by pressing Del at the beep.

I copied the three files to USB flash drive, booted up the PC, and the BIOS didn't even look at it.

The BIOS chip is soldered on the board, so I can't take it out to re-flash it else where..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information