Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P35C-DSR3 Cycle Reboot Problem

Default Re: P35C-DSR3 Cycle Reboot Problem

Well I'm curious if anyone who didn't overclock their board are experiencing cycle rebooting or other problems. In the other thread it talks about uncertaincy over the ram voltage. Wonder if its just the overclockers getting the boot.

I have this board and from stock [first boot] had this issue. If your using RAM with a higher rated voltage try setting this in the BIOS using some old DDR2 to boot. Once i had set the voltage to +0.3v i have had no problems since [yesterday....]. I think the default ram voltage is 1.8-1.9 and ive heard a lot of people say this is unstable.

I believe the default memory for this board is actually 2.0v. I have a trouble ticket with Gigabyte GTS right now. It's been going on for a week now. They have been giving me the run a round but I keep pushing :) I'll report back when they give me an answer.
    E6750 @ 3.6 1.45v (L722A495), (G)MCH +.1v | Gigabyte P35C DS3R -F4g Bios
    2 X 1gig Crucial Ballistixs DDR2 800(1:1) 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640 (690/1090) | Corsair HX 520 | Tuniq Tower 120
    WD Caviar 320 | WD 120 | Sony Optiarc DVD | Antec 900 | XP Pro

Had a similar reboot problem with mine only each time it rebooted itd get a little further into the process, took about 5 minutes but it would eventualy boot up. Once it had booted it would start up again no worries until itd been left off for about 5 hours then the same reboot bull until it started again. Had it all checked out, perfectly stable when it was running, no fluctuations in voltages or anything just didnt like cold starts, had the tech guys buggered. Then 3 days ago the problem stopped the thing starts first go evry time now, i havent changed anything it just decided to work properly, has me a bit worried tho problems dont just fix themselves and i cant return the board while its working properly.

my system i just built using a gigabyte p35 dq6 - wont post anymore - i just installed vista, opened a browser window, and now i get the constant reboot. Tried 3 different bios's, and every conceivable memory voltage.

gigabyte needs to issue a massive recall, my board cost $250 and ive had nothing but headaches..

same problem with X38 DQ6, I've mailed to GGTSE and after six mail I never just received a mail of solution or clarification, only great speeches without any technical information......

dEAR all

MAIL ME WHAT YOUR SYSTEM INCLUDE, I Will try to copy your problem

janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information