Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

Sorry to here that Belveder, I have run out of ideas and will be actually throwing this motherboard in the garbage in 1 week; I would not sell it.

my problem is that this new pc cost me fortune and I can't afford to get another mobo lol, I really appreciate all your help

Dear belveder

I get some components same with you have.

ane I will try to copy your issues.

Could you give me more time to get the answer?

Good morning Rick, Janus, and Belveder!
    I called RMA about my board the guy was like"what board", I sent it in nearly three weeks ago. Anyways Belveder you have a Q6850 witch is a quad right cause I know these boards have issues with Quads not wanting to play right or what ever it is. Mine is the E6750, I know the Bios doesn't use proper setting like other boards that I'm used to using. Like memvoltage is adjusted in increments over or under.
    Also I have read a lot of issues with dominator series of Ram, witch I think is a Nvidia issue as I have read this at other boards too(not sure if yours is Belveder). I have G-skill 800Mhz so I had no issues there either, my only issues till the board quiet was the raid was so hard to understand. That thing drove me nuts till i finally figured it out. I didn't get a chance to over clock it as I didn't have it long enough to try.
    I have read that the best thing to do is leave the settings for voltages on auto, I did get a bussing noise from my unit but come to find out it was my PSU telling me the voltages from my wall outlet were in sufficient(freaky stuff).
    My unit has been down for three weeks almost and I must say it's very frustrating not to be able to use it, $1,500.00 is not a lot of money but to me it is especially when it's just sitting there too.
    Belveder did you find the thread for this board @anandtech? The thread is like 70 pages long ROFL, also there is a guy there who has a direct link to gigabyte too.
    good day to you all and hope to hear from you soon!

Angry Re: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

jaggerwild

The Dominator issues are there for sure; the str3 issues are related to nforce drivers/BIOS/memory compatability-a lack thereof.

Janus Yeh

What is it that Gigabyte has not updated the BIOS at all-just an unpublished beta BIOS-Fba that does nothing? The nforce RAID is unstable-a driver/BIOS/Corsair Dominator memory issue resulting in data corruption; drive level software-specifically MemTest, Terabyte randomly crash-possibly a legacy USB issue (keyboard/mouse) and/or nforce driver/BIOS clash. Where is the QX6850 support promised, and now removed from the CPU support list. Why has Gigabyte stopped producing this motherboard; the chipset is still current for SLI? I cannot enable most of the power saving features without annoying consequences-long single warning buzzers after successful POST-but, all boots up fine and the OS works correctly; albeit with that annoying warning buzzer sound in the background. What is it this warning is telling me? Why does your tech support say they have received no feedback on any concerns with this motherboard? ......and the list could go on. Sooo, how about the engineers take all this seriously and make a concerted effort to finnally solve most or all of the concerns; updating the BIOS and providing driver support on a regular basis that works.
    I have never had any of these problems with my previous configurations; just since upgrading to this motherboard-it is a Gigabyte issue!

on top of what Rick has the support and service from Gigabyte is appalling in regards to this motherboard, my dealer and I have been sending in copy / pasted replies from all the different forums i have asked for help with the same question for them to acknowledge we exist but no offer for any help or a refund or anything

jaggerwild my cpu is a core2 duo so it is supposed to be compatible, thanks anyway

This motherboard is the biggest joke I have seen, and I have worked on many

Good Morning guys!
    more good news, my RMA is MIA witch makes me SOL. thankfully I have insurance on it, this is rediculas. And customer service witch I think is one person there in california she keeps asking for my tracking number then says it's not a valid number?
    OH IM HELLA LOVING GIGABYTE!
    good luck getting anything out of this company like CUSTOMER SERVICE for $300.00, now I gotta buy another mainboard just to use my computer.

good luck to you, I know the feeling, I am trying to find the money for one, will be getting an Asus P5K Deluxe WIFI

I have ordered the ASUS Maximus X38 SE motherboard today from NCIX; ETA Oct. 16, 2007. I use the GeForce 8800GTX video card and do not use water cooling, but, have no intention of going SLI and the mobo does not require a water cooling setup-the option is there if you want it.
    So, as promised earlier in this thread, the Gigabyte motherboard will be thrown in the garbage next week and I will never, ever purchase another Gigabyte anything again. I cannot afford this purchase and it will leave me short, but, I cannot live with the total incompetence of this motherboard any longer.

Rick is giving you some good advice. It is alot of good advice. I have the gigabyte p35 dq6 and my bios told me it failed at 18v. Here is how I got my system up, Do what Rick is saying, when you are staring at the BIOS screen, press cntrl F1, Increase memory voltage to 2.2v Optimal Settings won't work until you set the memory voltage. Hell, get a tatoo!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information