Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

Dear all

If you need FBb BIOS, please mail me.

it's still a beta BIOS, but if you want to try.

janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Thumbs down Re: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

I do not notice any fixes in the FBb beta, all the concerns are still there; any changelog?

Further, please answer my questions put forth earlier in this post.

Thankyou,
    Rick

Janus Yeh,

I'm still interested in some answers; does Gigabyte not think they owe us some kind of explanation for an almost $400.00 motherboard that has not had anything updated and, to add insult to injury, is EOL?

Cool Re: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

Update, they finally emailed and expected me to send my memory to them amongst other things, they where very unhelpful ( when I told them I had done every suggestion that they had made, they still did not believe me). After a couple weeks of mucking around I finally managed to get a rep from here in Australia to contact, but by then I got so sick of the trouble (the motherboard was faulty (the specifications where changed on the homepage) the whole time, was checked in a computer repair shop) and ended up buying an MSI P35 Platinum Combo, what a great motherboard. When I told Gigabyte that I had decided to buy another motherboard I never got an apology or anything, they just disappeared and I have not heard from them again. I never got an apology or anything, I am so disgusted by the treatment I got from them that I will never deal with Gigabyte again, my dealer and a couple of his friends have stopped dealing Gigabyte. Not so much what they did to me, but because of the fact they put the motherboard on the market saying it had particular specifications without ever checking that it could handle them, then changing it afterwards hoping no one would notice
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x Kingston Hyper 2 GB Kit memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Mobo Razer Barracuda AC-1 Digital Audio Card XFX PCIe 8800GTX xXx Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Samsung 320GB IDE HD for OS WD 250GB SataII HD 2 x WD 500GB SATAII HD Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling Samsung 226BW 22" monitor Samsung Syncmaster 913 19" monitor Silverstone , Thermaltake Armour+ Case

Hey Belveder!
    Man I know everybody over @ Anandtech are totally anti GIGA right now they now have a MB @400 dollars that doesn't support the new Intel chips let alone support the Quads that were already out.
    Wouldn't you know it, there customer services found my board and fixed not replaced it. But it is up and running now, no problems to speak of so far. And has been handling my over clocks OK. I still got an EVGA mainboard 680iLT, had to RMA that as it had a dead PCIe slot in the number one position.
    Anyways wanted to stop by and say hello to you, glade you have found better results. How does the E6850 over clock on the new board? I bet it's a screamer huh? All the other ones i've seen clock nicely.
    Hope you all have a great Holiday Season!! And take care!!!

Talking Re: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 RV2 Mobo help please

I registered here just to give a big huge colossal THANK YOU to Rick. I share your disdain for the whole situation, but all the same, your settings and advice on the first page of this thread somehow managed to get this new installation with this board WORKING for me. Yes, that's right, straight out of the box this board was not working for my installation at all. This sucker was crashing on me all night until I googled and found this thread which turned out to be my salvation. I STILL had to experiment with volts and RAM speeds, but the process you laid out and the other things that you mentioned to turn off (spread spectrum, etc.) appear to have saved the day when nothing else worked.

The funniest thing to me was the way the default BIOS settings did not pick up the RAM properly--I am not a novice, but the fixes that I had to do were very obscure. For anyone just starting out building computers, all of these voltage changes, "spread spectrum" disabling and etc. etc. is going to be very, very intimidating.

Why is it so hard to just put oh, 800MHz, or 1066MHz RAM in a motherboard, and have the motherboard realize the speed? My next task will be to get RAID working. When attempting this earlier, before I realized I had to "overclock" and run with "unoptimized" settings and such, any time I enabled a RAID for storage, my single boot drive would disappear. I hope I can tame that issue, if it is at all related or anywhere as severe as the RAM/FSB/CPU/volt settings that have to be tackled. If it gives me a hard time I might just resort to using three separate drives as three separate volumes in the same computer just to avoid the headache.

Thanks Rick! Yeah I signed up just to say THANKS! Did I say thanks? :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information