Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X38-DQ6 does not POST, power on.. power off..

Unhappy Re: X38-DQ6 does not POST, power on.. power off..

Hello guys,

I am also just shifting from my Asus A8N-SLi board to this X38-DQ6 hoping for a better performance. I got the same problem after setup with the fans just turn and off, tun and off...

I had been searching for answer in these few days for the answer in the web. Finally I decided to take this back to the manu, so I call and they said they can fix for me. Last night when I try to pull out the board, I find a tiny piece of the capacitor plastic seat was fallen off from the board. Strange? After searching for a while and find that it was from underneath of a larger capacitor which stands off the mobo and with only one leg is in contact?? I think it might cause the problem. What a QC they got? I post a photo here for you guy to look at it. The capacitor is just next to the PCI-e slot. I will return the board to them today.
    Attached Images Attached Images X38-DQ6 does not POST, power on.. power off..-img_0121-jpg 

Default Re: X38-DQ6 does not POST, power on.. power off..

I've got the board exchanged yesterday.
    And have the guys there to start up the board, which seems OK.
    However after setting up last night, same thing happens again...cannot start up.
    Then I try to pull the Dominator out with only one stick in the DDR2 slot 1.
    The computer can start to boot. So I try another piece of ram which also can start in the slot 1. But if I tried to put two sticks in, it would not start...wonder why?
    Nevertheless, I went on trying to install the Vista with just one stick.
    But it came back with a message that cannot detect my hard disk which I can find in the bios...???
    So..give up and will contact gigabyte again today.

What Is Your Hd Setup In Bios?

I got a new one from Newegg today. At first it was doing the same thing, but I switched the ram to the Yellow slots and it seemed ok at first, but after it posts, it hangs with a cursor blinking in the top left and won't let me get into the bios. I'm not very happy at all right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information