Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P35-DS3L Endless rebooting on powerup.

Default Re: P35-DS3L Endless rebooting on powerup.

Mine ga-p35-dsr3 2.0 does this too. It will sometimes start up for a second, shut off, then start up again and boot..

Then sometimes it won't shut off immediately after power on but it will shutoff after 1 min after windows is loaded, hardboot, and then turn back on and everything is fine.

I think its time to get rid of this board before it breaks my equipment with these hardboots

F9 bios
    Q6600
    4 gb crucial ram
    8800gtx
    everything watercooled (CPU/NB/GPU)

6hrs prime stable

It will sometimes start up for a second, shut off, then start up again and boot..

Did you do overclocking?

I'm having a similar problem. I get the normal (according to the manual) beeps, the system boots, I get the flash screen for 5 seconds or so, then boom, hard restart. It doesn't matter if I boot from CD or a hard drive, the same thing happens. I'm using a Pentium D 950. I'm not overclocking. I should be getting some new RAM today, I'm hoping that will fix the problem.

All of the hardware is recognized in the BIOS F7.
    GA-P35-DS3L rev 2
    2x 1 GB generic RAM - worked before
    eVga GeForce 7600 GT
    600 watt PSU
    Last edited by babgolis; 12-21-2007 at 11:43 PM. Reason: I forgot something

Dear babgolis

1.what is your beep sound like?( long?short?quick?slow?)and how many times the beep shows?

2. did yu run overclocking?

It makes a short beep on launch. No beep on reboot.

No overclocking. I tried turning off the hardware fan monitor to see if that helped. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Thanks for your help.

Hey guys.

My DS3L doesn't have the continuous reboot but it's temperamental , just like matt46606's. When it boots it works sort of ok. When it doesn't, it's a waste of my time and money. Only had it two weeks and it only worked for the first. After scanning many, many forums, and finding many, many people complaining I think these issues are related.

I'm sick and tired of clearing the cmos to try and remedy this. Why is it that several people with these symptoms have had their boards RMA'd, when others like me get told "just don't overclock", "clear cmos", "turn psu off and on", "update to newest bios" etc. I've done it all and nothing helps.

Janus you must know something about this. There are just too many people having issues with these boards. Is there a new bios coming to resolve these issues, or am I going to have to buy a new board and throw this one in the rubbish? It seems to just be a "luck of the draw" thing because the majority of people seem to have success. But I'm not one of them.

BTW, mine is now showing another strange quirk. The EIST setting in the bios does not always show up. I have flashed from bios F7 back to F6 and it's still doing it.

Got a new board from Intel. Same hardware, all is well. Sorry Gigabyte!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information