Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R and Corsair TwinX DDR2

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R and Corsair TwinX DDR2

Well finally got 4 sticks stable,
    +.3 on northbridge, which is max in f8 bios on mine.
    running at 880 with 2.8 oc on the processor, (e6400 2.1ghz standard)
    no overvolt on cpu
    I wish they had mentioned this on the board, that 4 sticks at 1066 was a dream, I could have saved alot of money on ram by going with some good 800mhz ram.
    It would be nice to know from gigabyte if this is something that can be fixed, or if it is a flaw of the chipset alltogether..

oh and I still cant get any of my chips to run memtest without errors at any speed in any slot.. I seriously doubt I got 4 bad chips, but windows runs very stable at this so I dont know if something is still not right... got timings at 5-5-5-15, which should be alright, but ive tried it tightened, and loosened from that, with voltage a little bumped and at stock.. kinda nuts...

guess no response to this?? I would like to know if gigabyte is planning to fix this or if we are just screwed, support has only said to reduce speed to 667, which is pretty unacceptable, and doesnt solve any problem, to increase voltage, which of course I tried, and I told them I tried (its like they dont read the e-mail before responding). I know its hard to weed out problems in such an open pc market, but thier lack of reading into what I told them only pisses me off. I just want some kind of answer so I can wait this out or move on to another company that will give me what THEY advertise!

change your system memory multiplier, than you will get ddr2 1066.

I know how to do that,, the issue is I cant run it at that speed stable, this is with no overclock and ram at 1066, BSOD after BSOD, reboots. is there any new BIOS that may help this out?

Can you send your BIOS setup to me?

janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Sent Bios to ya, if you need any other settings I omitted let me know. I hope to figure this out before end of month, the store I bought it from (compusa) is going out of buisness in the next few days, and im not sure if I can even return it after that... or how much of a pain it would be to do it. Thanks again for your time.

Any news yet janus? I have squeezed a little more juice out of my ram, but was just wondering, ive pretty much given up on getting what I paid for out of this, but would like to know if this is being fixed, or if future boards will work better (probably not since ddr3 is dawning). Corsair closed my support ticket because "gigabyte p35 boards are known to be very poor at holding the voltage and frequency of this memory, with all 4 slots being used, alas swapping the ram will most likely show you no improvement in stability". I just wish this was in the manual at least, since I am one of the few who does read around first.. unfortunatly, none of these threads came about until after I bought the board.

paitiently waiting.....

Hi guys, I know I am not using the Corsair memory...but I have the P35C-DS3R V1.0 board using the F2 bios, with a Q6600 G0 stepping CPU. I tried the F4 bios, at that time the latest available, but had some stability issues, so I reverted back to F2 and have not had any problems since. I have not tried any other bioses including the newest F9 posted on the GB website. The first 2 weeks I owned the board was extremely frustrating, and no consumer should be subjected to this type of poorly engineered product.

I am running stable with zero issues so I will not update the bios any further. If it aint broke donít fix it.

I use 4 1GB Crucial Ballistix PC8500/1066 memory (2.2v), not the Tracers. I have been running perfectly stable for about 4 months now. This is what I did to get it stable, with a decent over clock (3Ghz) and memory at its rated speed (1066) with timings bumped up slightly to 5-5-4-15.

My settings listed are for the F2 Bios I am using. I hope this may help some of you. From what I gathered with all that frustration initially with this board is you need to stay within the zone of ratio/frequency/multiplier (i.e 9x333 = 3g and 333x3.2 = 1066). If you wander outside of the zone you get stability issues (i.e. 9x340 = 3.06 and 340x3.2 = 1088 ) causes all kinds of grief. If you keep an industry standard bus speed of 200/266/333 this board runs stabile. A 400mhz bus speed was just too much for my setup, and 333mhz seems to be the peak performance and quite fast.

Use CTRL-F1 and go to the M.I.T. section. Listed in order on the bios page:

ROBUST GRAPHICS BOOSTER Auto
    CPU CLOCK RATIO 9X
    CPU HOST CLOCK CONTROL ENABLE
    CPU HOST FREQUENCY (MHZ) 333
    PCI EXPRESS FREQUENCY AUTO
    C.I.A. 2 DISABLE
    SYSTEM MEMORY MULTIPLIER 3.2
    MEMORY FREQUENCY 1066
    HIGH SPEED DRAM DLL SET OPTION 2
    PERFORMANCE ENHANCE EXTREME
    DRAM TIMING SELECT MANUAL
    CAS LATENCY TIM 5
    DRAM RAS# TO CAS# DELAY 5
    DRAM RAS# PRECHARGE 4
    PRECHARG DELAY (tRAS) 15
    ACT TO ACT DELAY (tRRD) 3
    RANK WRITE TO READ DELAY 3
    WRITE TO PRECHARGE DELAY 6
    REFRESH TO ACT DELAY 42
    READ TO PRECHARGE DELAY AUTO
    tRD AUTO
    tRD PHASE ADJUSTMENT AUTO
    SYSTEM VOLTAGE CONTROL MANUAL
    DDR2/DDR3 OVERVOLT CONT +0.3V
    PCI-E OVERVOLT CONTROL NORMAL
    FSB OVERVOLT CONTROL NORMAL
    (G)MCH OVERVOLT CONTROL NORMAL
    CPU VOLTAGE CONTROL 1.28125V
    NORMAL CPU VCORE 1.32500V

Hope this helps. Dave
    Last edited by dave_99; 01-06-2008 at 01:09 AM.
    P35C-DS3R V1.0 bios F2
    Q6600 G0 @ 8x400
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
    4x1gb Crucial Ballistix PC-8500/1066 [SYS MEM MULTIPLIER 2.5]
    Antec 650W Trio
    Pioneer 212-D SATA DVD
    Vista 64

Thanks for your input dave, I will have to try the f2 out and see what I can do.. I have made kind of a medium until then,
    4-4-4-12 on timings @ 942mhz on ram
    377x8 3.1ghz for a e6400 2.1ghz stock
    1508 fsb effective.
    had to bump northbridge up to +.3 to get this, and ram running at 2.2

its fast, but I really do want to see this ram running stock or more.
    Thanks again.

I'd kind of stay away from that 377fsb. Try to work with either 333 or 400 and see what you can do. Only problem with the 400fsb there is no multiplier that will give you 1066, only a 2.5 that gives 1000. There is just something about the P35C board that getting outside of a standard bus speed gives all sorts of problems. I believe it also affects the PCI-E and causes alot of those reboot issues I read on this site.

Dave

hollovoid7, after looking at your post again, I would really go with 333x9 fsb, system memory multiplier 3.2 and 5-5-5-15 on the memory and see how you run. You are only .1ghz less and have standard buss speeds. If that works try upping to 400x8 fsb and system mem multiplier of 2.5. This will give you 3.2ghz and 1000 on the memory. Don't tweak the fsb up to get 1066 because you'll run into statbility issues. Keep the fsb at either 333 or 400, no more or no less. You may have to live with either 333 and 1066 or 400 and 1000. They are both good.

Dave
    Last edited by dave_99; 01-06-2008 at 03:12 AM.
    P35C-DS3R V1.0 bios F2
    Q6600 G0 @ 8x400
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
    4x1gb Crucial Ballistix PC-8500/1066 [SYS MEM MULTIPLIER 2.5]
    Antec 650W Trio
    Pioneer 212-D SATA DVD
    Vista 64

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information