Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R and Corsair TwinX DDR2

Default GA-P35C-DS3R and Corsair TwinX DDR2

Just got the following setup

Q6600 GO
    GA-P35C-DS3R REV 2.0 - now running bios F6.
    2 sets of 2x1gig Corsair TwinX DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500 (1066) - so 4 gig in total

Problem is the board wont accept all 4 gig, keeps having OS installation issues with all 4 modules installed and blue screens. If I just run 2 gig in dual channel mode its fine, runs like a dream.

Is this a configuration issue or do I have a hardware fault? Hard to tell with this board as it seems to have so many problems

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R and Corsair TwinX DDR2

Same setup and problems.

So I installed the OS and updates and updated device drivers with just one stick of memory in at the "optimized" bios settings. I wanted to be extra cautious.

When I got the comp fairly well set up with 1gb of RAM, I tested all 4 sticks one at a time with memtest (simple to use free utility) to confirm they were ok.

Then I installed all 4 sticks and lowered the memory multiplier in bios (control + F1 makes them available) so that the memory was running at 800mhz instead of 1066mhz. Problem solved. I confirmed stability by running super pi (another free utility), which had previously given me oodles of errors before I lowered the memory speed.

I also tightened the timings to 4-4-4-12 for that lower speed. I had read somewhere that the memory controller may have a hard time keeping up with 4gb's of DDR2 running at 1066mhz.

I think I could probably increase the multiplier a bit ot squeeze a little more speed out of the memory, but stability and 800mhz is ok for me for now, and I need a breather from the whole new computer setup ordeal.

Good luck.

need newer BIOS TO TRY?

janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Well I think my problem was faulty memory.

I put 2 matched pair sticks into the first and 4th slot(dual channel mode) and it works perfectly. I then swap these to the other 2 sets and I get problems.

So I have RMA'd the RAM and will wait and see.

If the board wont work at 1066mhz with 4gig of RAM as claimed then its not fit for sale and I will be returning it.

Janus Yeh what is the latest BIOS revision?

F9d

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    F9d
    They only have up to F7 on the website:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Support/Mot...ProductID=2551

The only way to get current bios is through an employee helping us in his spare time on a third party forum?

Well I think you don't feel this is a good idea.
    Here is GBT area, We maintain this area with TwakTown for give users help. so I try to give you the newer bios I got from our RD. We will update the newer normal BIOS in the feature after final test. So forget F9d.sorry for made you trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    Well I think you don't feel this is a good idea.
    Here is GBT area, We maintain this area with TwakTown for give users help. so I try to give you the newer bios I got from our RD. We will update the newer normal BIOS in the feature after final test. So forget F9d.sorry for made you trouble.
    I understand you try to help with beta bios, and I do appreciate your being here.

Well the new memory made no difference. This board just doesnt work with 4 gig of this memory. Either that or I have a borked slot or something......going to go and swap them around...AGAIN!

Starting to wish I had not bought Gigabyte now :(

well, I took acgordon's advice and "downgraded" the memory speed to 800mhz and its working.

What a piece of crap this board is, false advertising if it cant handle 1066 speed!!

Im going to keep upping it, see what it will run.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information