Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R Died

Default GA-P35C-DS3R Died

My 6 week old motherboard has died today. It was working fine, I left the computer for a few hours and when I came back the computer was frozen. I rebooted the computer and the computer froze before it even started to boot windows. I turned the system off for an hour and when I came back it still would not even boot into bios. I unplugged the computer and removed the cmos battery for a few minutes. The system made it into bios but the system froze soon afterward. There is not really anything else I can do. It is about 2 weeks too late to send it back to newegg, so I'm thinking I need to RMA back to Gigabyte. Any idea how long I will be without my computer?

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Died

Just for fun have you tried a different power supply unit?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

I don't really have one to try. It is a fairly new (1 year old) enermax 500 watt liberty PS I hope that is not the problem.

HAVE YOU OVERCLOCK?
    try CLEAR cmos?

I made a little bit of progress yesterday, I swapped out 1 stick of memory for another and the computer will boot. I have 2 questions about the memory settings. I have been running the memory at the default voltage (auto). My memory takes 2.2v. Will the motherboard correctly set the voltage to 2.2v or do I have to add +.4 to the voltage in the bios?

This board overvolts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For 2.2v set to +.3v.

It's Gigabyte math :)

1.8v + .3v = 2.2v :)
    E6750 @ 3.6 1.45v (L722A495), (G)MCH +.1v | Gigabyte P35C DS3R -F4g Bios
    2 X 1gig Crucial Ballistixs DDR2 800(1:1) 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640 (690/1090) | Corsair HX 520 | Tuniq Tower 120
    WD Caviar 320 | WD 120 | Sony Optiarc DVD | Antec 900 | XP Pro

This makes the second stick of ram to go bad in this board in the 5 weeks I've had it. It could just be a coincidence but I'm worried the motherboard might be frying the memory. I was just using the default voltage. which should be 1.8, so I find it hard to believe that would cause the memory to go bad. Has anybody else had problems with memory going bad in this board? I suppose I'll RMA the memory and see if the next batch works any better.

i'm on my third p35c this year and it had killed 6 gigs of mushkin xp2-8500 memory was running 2.26v memory rated 2.35v

Quote Originally Posted by DFranch View Post
    This makes the second stick of ram to go bad in this board in the 5 weeks I've had it. It could just be a coincidence but I'm worried the motherboard might be frying the memory. I was just using the default voltage. which should be 1.8, so I find it hard to believe that would cause the memory to go bad. Has anybody else had problems with memory going bad in this board? I suppose I'll RMA the memory and see if the next batch works any better.
    Default voltage on mine is 2.4v, which may fry some memory -- but I fixed it by setting +0.2, which gives me a nice 2.128v(I have 2.2v ram). Best you can do is try +0.1, which on my motherboard gives me 2.0, still an overvolt for 1.8 ram, but still not as bad as 2.4.

Definitely dheck your voltages with SpeedFan-- Queasytune just reads back the bios setting - not the actual voltage.
    Last edited by blargh23; 12-02-2007 at 11:12 PM.

Thread Information