Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't O/C Q6600!

Default Can't O/C Q6600!

Hello and welcome. I've got a strange problem with my new q6600 and my new ga-x38-dq6 gigabyte mobo. Whatever I tried, I couldn't manage to get him past 267x9 that is being displayed during POST or even in windows with cpuz. Different voltages, lower multiplier, memory timings at default value etc. Any idea why this is happening? My system rig is a q6600 G0 stepping B, a gigabyte ga-x38-dq6, 2x1 GB Ocz 1066 SLI READY and a Hiper Type R 730 W power supply. I am really confused. I have tried almost everything. I have the latest bios (F6b). Any help appreciated.

Edit: The strange thing is that when i tried just from curiosity to lower the fsb, for example 260, it kept saying 267x9 during POST. Only when I have manually set 266x9 or set it to automatic it says the normal value (266x9). I have also disabled of course c.i.a. 2 and other features that possibly don't let the fsb go higher (enhanced halt, eist etc.)
    Last edited by Costasdr; 11-20-2007 at 10:42 PM.

Default Re: Can't O/C Q6600!

what is your BIOS?

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    what is your BIOS?
    The latest one (F6b). I have also tried with F5h. No difference.

Is it possible that this problem will be fixed with a newer stable bios for my mobo?

will you try F7D?

Hello Costasdr,
    I would suggest trying to RMA the ram as have a feeling this may or may not be part of the problem too. If you do get a different speed too, not sure what the default FSB is on that CPU but have a hunch there is a direct correlation between the two.
    Also dump easy tune as it's junk, if you need to see the temps use a third party tool. And any over clocking that is done I strongly suggest doing so in the bios as any GUI based tool will screw up your system too.
    here's a good site for clocking the gigabyte boards too
    http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y

Talk to "the Beagle" there, tell him I sent you and my best reguards too!

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerwild View Post
    Hello Costasdr,
    I would suggest trying to RMA the ram as have a feeling this may or may not be part of the problem too. If you do get a different speed too, not sure what the default FSB is on that CPU but have a hunch there is a direct correlation between the two.
    Also dump easy tune as it's junk, if you need to see the temps use a third party tool. And any over clocking that is done I strongly suggest doing so in the bios as any GUI based tool will screw up your system too.
    here's a good site for clocking the gigabyte boards too
    http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y

Talk to "the Beagle" there, tell him I sent you and my best reguards too!
    Thanx for your answer. The problem is that I don't have an excuse to RMA my memory as it works fine when it's at stock timings and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus Yeh
    will you try F7D?
    I am willing to try.

IF YOU NEED PLEASE MAIL ME
    janus.yeh@gigabyte.com.tw

Hey Costasdr,

Have you ever been able to solve your problem? I'm having the same problem and looking for a solution...

thanks

I too am having the exact same difficulty. Have tried all different multipliers and same result, POST screen still shows 266X9. I have lastest BIOS F6b and removed easytune, as this was of no use. I have same CPU and mobo, but with cosair 2G 6400-C4 and antec 650w ps, windows XP SP2. Any suggestions?? thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information