Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SATA bios setup

Default SATA bios setup

Guys, I have a couple of Western Digital SE16 320GB SATA2
    and a LG sata dvd burner to go with this MB.
    What setting do I need to make in the bios/Integrated Peripherals to get the these drives to work in the SATA mode. I believe the factory settings where set to PATA mode for loading windows xp, but of course I would like to be running them sata.
    Just a note I don't want to run them in raid.

Cheers
    Fawlty

Unhappy Re: SATA bios setup

Hi I have similiar issues.
    I have GA-P35-DS3R.
    I would like my SATA drives to be in ACHI mode, but I dont want the boot process to take minutes! Because when enabling the ACHI-mode (disabling legacy mode) the BIOS boot process takes ages, first there is the ACHI drive detection and after that there is that horrid RAID drive scan which takes forever. This kind of boot time is not acceptable on HTPC solution :( Is there anyway to enable ACHI mode but keep the boot time to minimum? The first ACHI detection process I could take, but the RAID detection is unacceptable.

Please help!

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: SATA bios setup

OK,guys visit this sites:
    Code:
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=444831
    Code:
    http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardware/112584-how-enable-ahci-raid-mode-without-reinstalling-windows-p35-ich9-ich9r.html

I don't even require the AHCI or RAID.
    I just want to get them running in sata to get the full benefit of the drives but I'm just not quite sure of the bios settings.

Right now the settings in the intergrated peripherals are factory set at "Disabled"

Thanks for the links I'll check that info out.

Cheers
    Fawlty

ACHI mode can get them running in sata to get the full benefit of the drives.

Iīve to say that iīm pretty wondering the thing that i canīt get a Windows XP installation to boot from either SATA controllers in IDE mode since donīt want to install the RAID drivers. So donīt know if SATAīll work with drivers either.. It just reboots over and over without entering loading windows in to the memory, iīve installed XP 6 times already and no luck.

Donīt know what to do and iīm not going to install the RAID drivers! Iīve GA-P35-DS4 Rev.2.0 Bios F7 and WD Raptor 36Gb.. I can run XP from IDE drive but thatīs too slow for me. Samsung Spinpoint 80Gb SATA II drive is going to be the drive for XP soon. Or is it? In the near future iīll try that suggested softmod for ACHI but in the mean time?
    Last edited by dosign; 12-19-2007 at 06:48 AM. Reason: to add more text

So is it normal that i canīt run XP in IDE mode from SATA drive?

Ofcourse YOU CAN.

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    Ofcourse YOU CAN.
    So do you think that i should try for the 7.th time to install XP? Since thatīs the only way that iīm aware of besides setting BIOS correctly that i have already done according to the manual of yours.

If you donīt think that i should TRY TO INSTALL XP AGAIN AND AGAIN you might have some other suggestion to help me to beat this little problem of mine?

Thank you very much!

Edit: Not really, i got it working no thanks to you!
    Last edited by dosign; 12-23-2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: yep

Thread Information