Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P35-DS4 fan problems

Default P35-DS4 fan problems

I have the before mentioned motherboard with F9 bios. I have a P182 case. I just installed three new fans. One in my Tuniq Tower, one in the back as exhaust, and one in the top of the case as exhaust. All three fans are connected to their own fan control. These are Silverstone FM123 fans. They run at 800 - 2600 RPM. At full click they are quite noisy. The top fan and the CPU fan when put at max are pushing around the listed max and you can really hear them. The back case fan when I turn it to full it's barely audible. Bios keeps jumping between 0 and 1318 RPM's. It will not spin as fast as the other two. The CPU one is hooked into the CPU power jumper, the Top case one is hooked into the AUX Fan 1 connector, and the one in question is hooked into the AUX Fan 2 connector at the far side of the motherboard. Was thinking of plugging it into the Northbridge connector but wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Any idea why it's acting this way? That's the one I really want pushing air. I have the bios set to not manage any of the fans. All fan controls are disabled in the Bios.

JR

Default Re: P35-DS4 fan problems

By the way, I moved the fan connector to the Northbridge fan connector and it started running as expected. Does this mean something is wrong with the Aux Fan 2 connector, or is it somehow controlling th fan speed even though I have it disabled?

Love talking to myself here, however just an update. I have confirmed on another forum that three other people tried the secondary aux fan connector and had the same problem. Any comments Gigabyte?

Also as a side note, can you use the Power Supply fan connector for a standard case fan with the assumption that that one is working correctly?

JR

why not get a molex to 3/4 pin adapter and run the fan from that?
    i personally prefer to run fans that way unless they are being speed controlled by the mobo... less current being pulled from the board that way
    good luck
    Intel Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.52Ghz ('Conroe') - stock voltage!
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 rev. 2.0
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Desktop Memory - Newegg 'Lanfest' edition
    (running 5:6 at 527mhz on stock voltage +.05)
    74G WD Raptor 10,000RPM
    BFG 8800GTX OC
    M-Audio Revolution 5.1
    Seasonic S12 600W PSU
    Intel® PRO/1000 PT Gigabit lan

Quote Originally Posted by f-town View Post
    why not get a molex to 3/4 pin adapter and run the fan from that?
    I have plenty of open connections on my power supply and have both connectors on the fan. When you are at a 50% overclcok on your system, you like to know what your fans are set to. I have a manual knob on the back of the computer to adjust the speed and the only way I know the speed is in speedfan. If I can't read the RPM's off the motherboard sensors then do not know what I have it set at to obtain different cooling levels.

JR

set your fan speed by ET5?

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    set your fan speed by ET5?
    I have fan speed knobs. I overclock and do not want the system trying to figure out the right fan speed for my various overclocks. Don't beat around the issue. Something is wrong with that second auxilary fan connector. It is providing limited power to that connector which is causing the fan so spin slower than it should. None of the other connections do that.

If you think it is a hardware issue
    you can RMA it

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    If you think it is a hardware issue
    you can RMA it

Thank You
    Counting my recent thread, " GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2 has poor fan control", this makes two reports of SYS FAN 2 not supplying adequate power. I think it's unlikely this problem will be solved by RMA. It seems more likely that a BIOS fix is in order. At least the F9 BIOS fixed the failure of the CPU fan to spin up, and like the SYS FAN 2 header, the CPU fan header is 4-pin PWM. I'm well aware there is no BIOS setting to control SYS FAN 2, but that doesn't mean the BIOS isn't the common problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by tima092384 View Post
    Counting my recent thread, " GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2 has poor fan control", this makes two reports of SYS FAN 2 not supplying adequate power. I think it's unlikely this problem will be solved by RMA. It seems more likely that a BIOS fix is in order. At least the F9 BIOS fixed the failure of the CPU fan to spin up, and like the SYS FAN 2 header, the CPU fan header is 4-pin PWM. I'm well aware there is no BIOS setting to control SYS FAN 2, but that doesn't mean the BIOS isn't the common problem here.
    I agree with you whole heartedly. Not sure why the support here is less than adequate, however in Gigabyte's defense, most all motherboard manufacturer's support is less than acceptable. Must be something to do with the quantity of boards sold and the number of things that can go wrong with them. When you have numerous people with this problem, RMA's aren't going to help. I'm going to try and use the power supply fan connector and see how that works since my power supply doesn't physically use it as it has it's own internal fan speed sensor.

JR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information