Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P35-DS4 rev.2.0 S/PDIF OPTICAL OUT

Default GA-P35-DS4 rev.2.0 S/PDIF OPTICAL OUT

So how about it guys, is optical S/PDIF working for you or is it the same as in my board that it will not work what ever you do? There is the red light but no signal coming out.

I have to use Logitech Z-5500īs really crappy cables for 6 ch direct (8 channel in realtekīs controls.. why?) instead of quality optical S/PDIF cable that i had working well in my 6-years old AMD XP MSI machine. Go figure out.. is time flexible or is it just crap that they sell nowadays?
    Last edited by dosign; 12-23-2007 at 12:23 PM.

Default Re: GA-P35-DS4 rev.2.0 S/PDIF OPTICAL OUT

Quote Originally Posted by dosign View Post
    So how about it guys, is optical S/PDIF working for you or is it the same as in my board that it will not work what ever you do? There is the red light but no signal coming out.
    I've connected it to my Yamaha receiver, and it's working great in Vista Ultimate with WMP11, Zune, Media Center, etc. I haven't tried gaming with it yet, but if it's passable, I'll be selling my Prelude, which is currently sitting on my desk. (If it sucks for gaming, then I have a dilemma, because I like the onboard SPDIF better than the Prelude for non-gaming usage, as it simply passes the signal through instead of recoding everything to 640 Kbps DD, including stuff like 448 Kbps DD from DVDs.) You did enable the onboard audio (the "Azalia" codec) in the BIOS, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tima092384 View Post
    ... You did enable the onboard audio (the "Azalia" codec) in the BIOS, right?
    ...And install drivers, select "Realtek Digital Output" as the default "Playback" device (YMMV - that's for Vista), unmute the audio, and so forth? I didn't have to do anything special. After uninstalling the Prelude drivers and removing my Prelude, I had the standard Vista "High Definition Audio" when I rebooted. After installing the Realtek drivers and rebooting, they were configured properly. It appears both the standard and Realtek drivers detected the optical connection and configured it automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by dosign View Post

I have to use Logitech Z-5500īs really crappy cables for 6 ch direct (8 channel in realtekīs controls.. why?) instead of quality optical S/PDIF cable that i had working well in my 6-years old AMD XP MSI machine. Go figure out.. is time flexible or is it just crap that they sell nowadays?
    Mine works fine...did you try another cable? Optical cables are known for "breaking" and then failing to transfer the light/signal. I have my Boston Acustics system plugged in via optical, never had any problems with Vista HP x64.
    The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

Heat Team IRONMODS

Yeah, i have tried everything you suggested already and the cable is working with an other computer but iīm actually starting to believe that the problem is with Windows XP and this board, that they donīt mix well. Or iīve a bad board..

btw. do you think that 6ch direct audio would work if i hadnīt enabled onboard audio in BIOS? Well it donīt.

Edit. 7/1/2008

So the noise issue was solved by me but the S/PDIF not. Just to inform that in Master Volume panel there is a volume control but not functioning and in Gigabyte Technology Audio panel S/PDIF is just greyd out and no button at all -> so no go! Oh yes, i can mute it..

I have driver ver. 5.10.0.5497 installed and Realtek HD Audio output (is there suppose to be no Realtek HD DIGITAL output option since there is Realtek HD Audio and Digital input to choose?) allowed in every-possible-where to use just it. Did try ver. 5.10.0.5449 but no go. So i went back to the newest 5.10.0.5532 and still no go. No red light from S/PDIF MB connector any more at all. Quess thatīs it.
    Last edited by dosign; 01-08-2008 at 09:32 AM.

RMA It?

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    RMA It?
    I think so. Other power source is giving also the same noise with this board after all so there is something wrong with the board. Iīm willing to give it a try for rev.2.1 that iīve already ordered and i hope it solves these issues once and for all.
    GA-EP35-DS4 rev. 2.1 BIOS F6a
    G.SKILL F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK
    Intel Pentium D 940 (OC YESS!)
    Club3D HD2400PRO 256MB
    WD RAPTOR 36Gb with 12cm fan (no OC)
    Corsair HX620W
    Razer DeathAdder firmware 1.25 driver 1.08 (no OC)
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v.1.0 (no OC)
    Water to keep cool prosessor, air for passive copper heatsink
    with 12cm fan for graphics card, one 12cm fan for chipset and voltage sinks
    No more Windows XP Pro + all fixes + maintained well (no OC)
    Samsung (some) DVD-R/RW (no OC)

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
    RMA It?
    Janus, iīve tried to find rev.2.1 here in Finland but no go. Only rev.2.0 and older ones available for now. I really donīt want to wait for a very long time to get rev.2.1. Nobody knows when the new pcb would be available.

Is it possible to arrange some other way the RMA than the normal ("get a new board from your dealer to replace this defective one") so that iīll get the rev.2.1?

My dealer is also willing to give me my money back so i can easily buy from somewhere else where they do have what i want. Just donīt know where they have it..
    GA-EP35-DS4 rev. 2.1 BIOS F6a
    G.SKILL F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK
    Intel Pentium D 940 (OC YESS!)
    Club3D HD2400PRO 256MB
    WD RAPTOR 36Gb with 12cm fan (no OC)
    Corsair HX620W
    Razer DeathAdder firmware 1.25 driver 1.08 (no OC)
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v.1.0 (no OC)
    Water to keep cool prosessor, air for passive copper heatsink
    with 12cm fan for graphics card, one 12cm fan for chipset and voltage sinks
    No more Windows XP Pro + all fixes + maintained well (no OC)
    Samsung (some) DVD-R/RW (no OC)

Thread Information