Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 System Temps?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 System Temps?

Cores should not be cooler then cpu since they are inside the cpu it would have to be warmer or the same so adjust that I would assume. Get a copy of everest.

Yeah Idle at 46 seems high, but that all is up to you are your comfortableness with your voltages and cooling setup.

Here is mine for 3.4>>>>

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-09-2008 at 10:08 AM.

spec is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Cores should not be cooler then cpu since they are inside the cpu it would have to be warmer or the same so adjust that I would assume. Get a copy of everest.

Yeah Idle at 46 seems high, but that all is up to you are your comfortableness with your voltages and cooling setup.

Here is mine for 3.4>>>>
    well, these temps are at stock !
    cpu is at 2.4 ghz and mem is at stock 1066 5-5-5-15.
    CPU has aftermarket cooler Zalman 9700, which looking at the temps is good for overclocking, but no way with the system temps being that high.
    Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
    Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
    Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
    I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

You talking about your system or mine?

I use a 9700 as well, those are my temps overclocked at idle.

Ya I thought you used watercooling is why I said that about cooling. Sp yeah you need to add 15C to each core on coretemp that is why they are off.

Here check out this app called realtemp it is in development but is pretty damn close to a correct coretemp reading, you may also want to get the app called coretemp

RealTemp
    Coretemp
    With Coretemp, DO NOT use the actual temp recording method. Go into options and tick the box that says "show remaing delta to tjunction max" that is the ACCURATE way to see how far your cpu has to go before it hits throttling action. If you keep the cpu at least 15c away or more from this...which isn't hard to do with a decent cooler and moderate airflow...your cpu will be very happy.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-09-2008 at 12:38 PM.

spec is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You talking about your system or mine?

I use a 9700 as well, those are my temps overclocked at idle.

Ya I thought you used watercooling is why I said that about cooling. Sp yeah you need to add 15C to each core on coretemp that is why they are off.

Here check out this app called realtemp it is in development but is pretty damn close to a correct coretemp reading, you may also want to get the app called coretemp

RealTemp

Coretemp
    Nope, just air cooling for me.
    I tried core temp -
    On full load it shows
    Core#0: 44c to Tjunction max remaining
    Core#1: 48
    Core#2: 44
    Core#3: 48

All in C0 state (expected) and 2400.08Mhz(266.68 x 9.0)

This is at stock. I guess this program doesn't show MB temps.
    I'm worried about system temps, they are a bit high.
    The CPU cooler is barely warm to touch, the system chips are much warmer. at full load I can keep my finger for about 5-6 secs.
    Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
    Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
    Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
    I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

Ya, I would set a fan on your NB heatsink, and redo the Thermal paste under it and the mosfets if you feel up to that. Use NON conductive paste

Everest will show you MB temps, which is really the NB temps. And yeah to hot to touch is too hot, can you use less Voltage on your FSB or MCH (MCH Mainly I would try to bring down first) If so do it, or if not for sure if you do not feel like redoing the paste get a 40MM fan and stick on there

And hey, uncheck the "Show to Tjunction Max' Box and you will see you actual core temps, so that way you can make the proper adjustments to speedfan if you like, That setting just shows you how much you have left before the CPU shuts itself off from being too hot
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-10-2008 at 11:57 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information