Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P35C-DS3R Memory

Exclamation Re: P35C-DS3R Memory

I have the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R VER 1.1 Bios F11 with the Q6600 Quad core chip (2.4 GHZ)0 G0 stepping). I have 4 sticks of OCZ ATI certified DDR2 model number OCZ2A8001G and I have noticed that I have had to format about every 4-6 months because my system gets slow and unstable. I was thinking of getting DDR 3 ram;
    OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
    Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Also I have a physix card and ATI video card. would a 4850 or a 4870 be a good choice. i have the antec true power 1000 watt power supply(modular) and the antec 900 case. 2 samsung 500 gig hard drives and 1 asus dvd rw +/- dl DWL-1418lt sata. I am thinking it is my bios but i just wanted to ask and see what you guys thought as well.

thanks,
    ironleg

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P35C-DS3R Memory

Sounds like you install too much "Stuff" or get spyware or viruses maybe? You ram likely does not matter so much unless you are using the wrong settings. Then it would corrupt things, not make them slow.

I would suggest against getting DDR3 to solve that issue, you will likely have the same core issue. I would also suggest against that brand for P35

4870 is a nice card for sure. What was you thinking about it being your BIOS? You didn't say

I have tried just aa bare bones os install with all updates and and antivirus and 1 game and it ends up the same result. i usually have to format and reinstall the os because the computer os became too slow and unstable. My Bios is the latest F 11 for the GA-P35C-DS3R V 1.1 gigabyte board.
    SO far I have RMA`d everything including the motherboard. this is my 4th motherboard that has ben the most stable.
    I wanted to find out what type of DDR3 ram I should get for high performance and gaming. I was looing at the OCZ reaper, but if there is something better please let me know. I want my system to be faster for the video card and ram and when the price drops on the latest 45nm 775 socket chip (1333 bus) I will get it and not wory about a bottleneck anywhere.. any advice is greatly appriciated. (and if I should get the ATI 4870 or a nvidia card, as I have a physix card too).
    thanks!
    ironleg

I suggest Mushkin if you plan to get DDR3, and Sapphire 4870's are nice. But Which brand of card is really up to you, but keep in mind you can use 2 ATI based cards in your board together

Would you mind posting your settings and I will see if I see anything "Off" >>>

Have you ran memtest86+ on this ram lately, or at all? If you haven't or haven't lately please do with only one stick at a time in slot one. You may have dying ram, or just incorrect settings

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Have you run Memtest? If not, how are you sure where to pinpoint the source of the data corruption?

If you have tried Memtest and not had any errors, have you tried your own Hard drive manufacturers Disk Diagnostics? .

Have you run Checkdisk? with the switches... (change c: for whatever partition you are checking)

chkdsk c: /r /v

for a summary of the switches, use chkdsk /?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, I always suggest chkdsk ran from Cmd box, with /x /f /r switches
    Lsdme,

You don't need to specify both switches /f & /r together.
    The switch /r implies /f automatically.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Ohh yeah!

Ya know, I have not messed around with it in so long I guess I forgot! Thanks, I guess older tech is slipping my mind!

chkdsk /x /r

Then that is all that is needed now right? I know /x is not necessarily needed as well, but I have always added it out of habit, I guess maybe that is why I added the /f always Who knows! HAHA

Sorry for taking so long to reply. the OCZ ram I have Is 4 1 gig sticks of ATI crossfire certified High performance DDR 2 memory. Model number OCZ2A8001G. 4-4-4-15. right now I have my computer set at bios defaults with no overclocking or other changes.the cpu multiplier is on 9 for the q6600 I have.( whatever the default is, I think it is 9).
    I have noticed that on newegg they list 3 versions on DDR 3 1333. I am not sure as what model and manufacture to get or if I should just try to max out the 4 slots of DDR 2 PC1066. I am not sure when intel is coming out with it`s new i7 and AMD with its new chips as well. I dont want to sink alot of money into my current build unless i can swap over some parts when the time comes to upgrade and keep my expenses down.

Basically , what ram would you recommend, DDR 2 or 3 and make and model. it is for gaming and multimedia - general perpose .

What video cards do you recommend for my GA-P35C=DS3R VER 1.1 bios F11 ( I plan on swapping the new card over to my new build later.)

What hard drives do you recommend for the os and for storage. Right now I have 2 samsung spinpoint 500 gig sata 2 drives that are close to full.

I have an Antec quttro true power (modular) 1000 watt PSU, Antec 900 case, 5 120 mm fans 1 200mm blowhole fan. 1 92 mm vantec tornado HSF on my ultima-90 hs.
    1 HIS 3870 ati pci x 16 video card, ageia/nvidia physix card now; and a bigfoot killer nic.

Any help in what I should look at to buy now or wait until later is appriciated. I also wanted to ask your opinion about water cooling.

thanks!
    ironleg

Please fill in the above template with your exact settings you are using so I can see if anything is set wrong possibly

Well I would have to recommend DDR3 if you plan to get i7 anytime soon.

As for a video card, I cannot be of much help there as I do not game

I recommend on Seagates, but that is a personal preference. Many swear by Wester Digital, others by Seagate, so it is all really up to you for a hard drive

Watercooling, you need to do MUCH reading about before getting into, and have plenty of cash saved up. I do recommend that you do not buy a "kit"
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-21-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information