Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P35C-DS3R Memory

Default P35C-DS3R Memory

Hello all,
    This is my first posting on this site and i am about to embark on my first PC build which will be mainly for gaming.
    So at the moment i am in the process on buying all the components i need, the specs will be:
    Antec P182 Gunmetal Grey Case
    Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600
    Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R
    GeForce 8800GT
    Windows Vista

The Thing i am not sure about is what memory set up i should get for the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R, make and model would be a great help.

At the moment i am a little worried about using this board with all the problems people are having with it on this site, hopefully mine will be ok.
    Any advice would be great, thank you for your time.

Default Re: P35C-DS3R Memory

Beware, dont buy 4gb of any high speed ram (1066) unless its 2gb per chip, this board (and many like it) cannot handle it, and will drive you crazy trying to figure out why its unstable, not sure why this isnt a disclaimer on the the box, because it is a huge issue that should be advertised openly.

Thanks for replies, was about to buy 4 memory sticks to get 4gig, (one below) will have to re think my plans.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MY-093-CR

Any 2x 2gb memory that people would recommend!
    Last edited by DJ33; 01-11-2008 at 02:56 AM.

That is good ram, its too bad manufacturers went so cheap on memory controllers, and with the means to correctly power them. havent done research on 2gb kits much, but I do see a couple on that site.. not all the same speed tho, g-skill has an interesting offer 2x2gb pc8000 which is like only 66mhz slower (or nothing basically).
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=8&subcat=817
    As always I would read around and make sure this will work with the board, (whatever you choose) because some chips, although they do work with a motherboard, they dont by default (default voltage supplied is less than ram needs) so before building the system, see if ya got a friend around with some cheap ram you can put in just to post your system and change bios settings for your ram.

I noticed that g.skill is not on the pdf that Janus Yeh linked, does that mean it is likely to have problems?

I'm in a similar position. DS3R Rev 2.1, E8400, EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked, OCZ Powerstream 520W psu. I want to overclock to 9x450=4050MHz and I will be using XP SP2. What memory would folks recommend that can reliably hit DDR 900 on this board? I was thinking of getting a 2x1GB kit of the G.Skill CL4 HK DDR2 800, but their absence on the compatibility list has me hesitant.

Advice?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I use mushkins not on the lists on a 965p-s3 and a p35-ds4 board. As long as your ram can start at 1.8 it should be fine, then you can go in and change the voltages to what you need to anyway.

And nowadays with JEDEC most all ram runs at 1.8 5-5-5-15/18 anyway and then would be adjusted further by the user.

Just so you better know what I mean, I use 2GB 4-4-4-12 2.1 mushkin on my 965p-s3 board, and it started fine at 5-5-5-15 default with 1.8v

On my P35-DS4 i use Mushkin 2GB 4-5-4-11 2.1V memory and it started the same 5-5-5-15 at 1.8.

Neither of which is on the lists, nor do they say they run at the specified timings or volts for gigabyte boards.

Both sets I have taken to 1000 at 5-5-5 timings on my gigabyte boards no problems.

I think the "Warning" is there so you get 1.8 volt ram to boot in and be able to change it to 2.whatever you want. But most ram starts at 1.8 no matter what it says in specs because of the JEDEC standards most companies must adhere to.

G.Skill will be fine, I almost got some but the heatspreaders are pretty thin, and I love <Mushkins!

I use 4 sticks of that same exact Crucial memory. No problems in 6 months of running.

Dave
    P35C-DS3R V1.0 bios F2
    Q6600 G0 @ 8x400
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
    4x1gb Crucial Ballistix PC-8500/1066 [SYS MEM MULTIPLIER 2.5]
    Antec 650W Trio
    Pioneer 212-D SATA DVD
    Vista 64

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post

What does the letter 'v' mean on your table?

It is mean "OK"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information