Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P34-DS4 Rev 2.0 Multithreading

Default Re: GA-P34-DS4 Rev 2.0 Multithreading

I guess I'll have to do it again, but I did exactly what the manual said to do.

After using Q-Flash and loading the new BIOS update I restarted and went into BIOS and loaded the optimized defaults. I got the update straight from the Gigabyte web site.

Also, where's the Multi/Hyper Threading that the others are talking about? Like I said I don't see it in my BIOS anywhere.
    Last edited by desktop; 02-15-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I always use @BIOS so maybe you should try that. As for hyperthreading/dual core that is in advanced options and is enabled by default. If you do not see it hit Control F1 (Which you wont need to do with the newest BIOS). But anyway you dont plan to disable a croe do you? I mean that would be pointless, so looking for that option would be as well. I think they should remove it, and place in the command rate option!!! Anything extra can be added except that, no one disables cores????

I downloaded the F11 update and this time installed it on my USB drive. I used Q-Flash again, did the update off the flash drive, rebooted, loaded optimized defaults, and it worked. Now shows F11 in POST screen.

Disable a core? I don't know what you mean. I know my Quad is doing good. Ran Prime95 and after an hour temps were steady at 46/46/45/42. Idle temps are at 28/25/30/28. Good? Seems like it.

Thanks for your help :)

Yeah, that is good. What heatsink do you use? And what Ghz is that? Just wondering, voltage also that is pretty decent temps is why I ask

I said Multi/Hyper Threading because you asked about it. Thats what that section would do enable or disable cores

I have a Q6600 (G0 stepping) with a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme HS. So after all this I get the BIOS updated and then I installed the driver CD for my graphics card (Diamond Viper X1650 Pro) and it crashes my computer! Grrr...

It's pretty bad so now I have to reformat, whcih means I'll have to do the BIOS update again. I hate ATI.

You wont have to update the bios again it has nothing to do with your hard drive.

Cant you boot in safe mode? If so do a system restore to before the driver. And NEVER install drivers off CD's, always go get them online

Here is where you will find your ATI driver>>>>
    Code:
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
    Hey, BTW I am using a 1650PRO as well, sapphire. About to get a X1950PRO

I guess maybe I need to try a TRUE out, I use a 9700 and I think temps would be better with a TRUE

I'm going to reinstall the OS so yeah I'll have to do the BIOS update again. Unless you know something I don't. I tried booting in safe mode and uninstalling the drivers from the CD, but I noticed there were a ton of other things that got installed along with it. For some reason it also installed Net 2.0 - is this needed for the ATI drivers? Anyway, with all that garbage on there I thought it would be better to just reformat.

That's the place I went to get the new update so it must be the right one. I saved it on my USB drive to take home. I got my X1650 Pro 512MB PCI-E for $34. How much did you pay for yours?

NO, The BIOS has nothing to do with the operating system or your hard drive period. It is on a chip on your motherboard. Once you change it it will remain there until you flash it again.

Ya, you need .net for the control center

Ahh I got a 256MB for 49$, you got a deal
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-16-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Ok, so then when I reformat the BIOS will remain as F11? That's wild. You learn something new everyday, eh? This is the card I got at Buy.com. It's going for $80.24 now (with free shipping).

Thanks for your help.

Yeap, Bios will remain the same it is on DUAL chips on the motherboard. You could install MAC on there and the bios would be the same. You could toss in a hard drive off another motherboard not even gigabyte (Although I dont suggest that) and it would still be BIOS F11

Good luck with your reinstall.

Ya know, it may be easier for you if you know how to delete your user account and make a new one instead of a reinstall. And or you should be able to in safe mode do a system restore. But ya you will be reinstalling all that again anyway, maybe you should just download the driver only instead of the whole package Or do custom install and dont let it install the game shizzle and the other things, just control center and drivers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information