Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P34-DS4 Rev 2.0 Multithreading

Default Re: GA-P34-DS4 Rev 2.0 Multithreading

I think the update everyone keeps linking me to has it all in one package, which makes me wonder if I won't just end up with the same situation all over again. Is there a way to just get the driver and the Catalyst utility without all that other stuff?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah, you will pick on the download page. But I think either way when you go to install the catalyst center you should choose custom and uncheck the register card, and install game and earth demos. And really if you are installing the driver, and catalyst center you might as well just download the main package suite at the top of the page that has both in it. No need to install them seperately. If you do not use the control center (Which you do not have to) you can just download and install the Driver only

Here is the direct links for download pages for xp and vista

XP
    Code:
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp
    Vista
    Code:
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista32/common-vista32
    If you still have issues there at the bottom of the page you can click previous drivers and get a older package. Ya may also want to read around at teh visiontech site there may be issues with certain versions of the drivers

That's the one I downloaded already. That's why I was a asking if there was somewhere I could get JUST the driver and utility. That to me looks like a whole package deal and I hope it doesn't do the same number on me that the driver CD did.

There is JUST the driver and or Just the utility, The package is the same, but just added register your card and earthism demo. You can choose custom and choose not to install earthism and register card.

If you dont want the control center just grab the driver. But to answer your direct question, NO there isnt anywhere you will find it without the extra bull ish in it. Just like Most apps today install a toolbar if you do not watch out and choose custom, this one will install Earthism demo, register your card, and sometimes free steam offers. Just choose custom and unselect the other stuff. Then it will only install the control center and the driver.

Ok, sorry, I didn't catch that custom part. My bad. Hey, after I get all this done tomorrow I'll come back and let you know how it went. Ordered some stuff off Newegg tonight to help with the cable modding. If you want I'll link you some pictures when I get it all done.

Thanks again for your help :)

Aight! Ya you can choose custom when installing the Suite and just unselect what you dont want.

I just built a new rig with a P35-DS4 rev2.1 + E8400. The board shipped with F10 and I flashed to F11, and for the record I have no option for hyperthreading or multithreading either...under both versions nor under the advanced ctrl + F1 options. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by a573573 View Post
    Because it is pointless/useless
    As is well known and often answered, it only shows in the bios when you have an older CPU that used hyperthreading. The bios is smart enough not to show it when it does not apply.

Right. It actually was in some of the older BIOS's and you could disable a core, but that is as well pointless so gigabyte surely removed it for that reason

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information