Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P35-DQ6 and E8400

Default Re: P35-DQ6 and E8400

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Right!!! And any benchmark at both settings will show you that

*EDIT*

Forgot, Yeah I have similar CPU. Here is what I started it up with on air.....waiting on my WC to get all here.

1.0625 VID
    Where are you getting a 1.0625 VID??? I know Everest shows a Core Voltage range under the Motherboard-CPU section. What VID reading does Real Temps show??? My Real Temps reading shows 1.15 the same as Normal CPU Vcore at the bottom of the Bios MIT section.

I see core voltage of 1.296 in both CPUZ and Everest. When you first posted VID was 1.17 in MIT. To get core voltage of 1.296, the MIT must be set around 1.33???

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

VID is from CoreTemp, and yeah It could be wrong as RealTemp shows 1.1750 but they both could be wrong who knows till it all catches up

My CPU when I first started it My MIT section Auto was using 1.08 something I think. I have booted it at .080V to setup RealTemp and it ran fine at that low voltage, I would think it would ge even lower

1.296 is under load in that image, bios is set to 1.300 with loadline enabled. Any setting I choose from 1.300 to 1.3125 all is 1.296 at load. As for my Vcore compared to your Vcore from bios to windows, remember all boards differer in the amount of Vdrop and Vdroop, and this also varies in % depending on the voltage selected

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't trying to compare CPUs just offering my info.

I also noted that Real Temps shows VID as what MIT shows as Normal Vcore. That is the CPU voltage in MIT you can't change and don't have to remember. :) IIRC that is what you told me was the chip's Vcore.

I too have noticed that CPUZ reports the same core voltage when MIT is set to a certain range.

What I found that seems wacky is the Vcore reported voltage in the Bios PC Health Status. It seems to report the voltage with Vdroop higher than CPUZ unless setting CPU voltage the same as the MB and then the PC Health Status reports more voltage than set in MIT.

I am not reporting this as a problem just what I have noticed. With all the different core voltages reported by different programs I really don't know which is correct. Though Everest, Cpuz and HWMonitor do report the same Vcore voltages with Everest and HWMonitor rounding the numbers. I suppose those are the numbers to trust or at least keep in the range that I think is safe. ???

Well the PC health status will show higher because you are not in windows to have Vdop yet.

Everest and CPU-z will show you the correct voltages at idle and load, which will always be minus vdrop and vdroop

Well the PC health status will show higher because you are not in windows to have Vdop yet.
    I apparently didn't explain the situation well.

Vcore set in MIT... Vcore reading in PC Health... Cpuz
    1.15 .....................1.204................................ 1.104
    1.10..................... 1.076.................................1.056
    1.09375............... 1.076.................................1.056
    1.0875................. 1.060................................ 1.040
    1.08125............... 1.060................................ 1.040

As I said I am not complaining just offering my observations.

When you set in MIT are you rebooting to see the changes first?

There is Vdrop and Vdroop, two different things. And when looking at CPU-z you will have to account for Vdrop and Vdroop if load, only vdrop if idle.

And Maybe you are seeing Vdrop within the BIOS, like I said some settings do different things at each voltage point, and also depend and vary with Loadline's 3 settings as well.

Nothing for you to worry about at all though

Talking Re: P35-DQ6 and E8400

When you set in MIT are you rebooting to see the changes first?

There is Vdrop and Vdroop, two different things. And when looking at CPU-z you will have to account for Vdrop and Vdroop if load, only vdrop if idle.

And Maybe you are seeing Vdrop within the BIOS, like I said some settings do different things at each voltage point, and also depend and vary with Loadline's 3 settings as well.

Nothing for you to worry about at all though
    Yes I reboot first and this is completely reproducable every time.

What Vdrop or Vdroop??? That's rhetorical. 1.15 voltage can be set or left in manual as that is the Vcore voltage in my MIT and PC Health always shows 1.204v.

Does yours, or anyone else's, PC Health Status Vcore ever show more voltage than the amount set in MIT??? Does that even make sense???

I suppose I should try to set the MIT Vcore voltage higher to see if the Health Status Vcore is consistently higher but when I saw this situation I decided to see how my system works and the relationships of the bios changes before going higher than 1.15v in MIT.

Considering I can easily overclock to 3.6 at this voltage I haven't gone higher but i will try it as now I am very curious.

Ok first off not always is VID going to be the default voltage AUTO sets when you install a CPU

Now Vdrop and Vdroop are two different things. One has one o and the other has 2 oo's

Vdrop = Drop in voltage from what is set in BIOS to windows voltage shown/used at idle

Vdroop = Drop in voltage from what is set in BIOS and what you get at full load on the CPU between Idle and load

You will be fine above 1.15 And I do not know why you set 1.15 and get higher 1.24? That is strange.

I can set 0.8 and lower and get that even in windows. I have used up to 1.35 but temps were high. If you want 4Ghz you can likely get it around 1.300 -1.325, of course that all depends on your chip, system wide cooling, ram and all your settings settings

I have found the sweet spot for my chip/board 1.312 set in BIOS loadline enabled 1.280 in system at idle and load

0.000V Vdroop

But 0.0320V Vdrop

Cant wait to get my water in and go higher with less volts I hope!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information