Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 Cycle Reboot Problem

Angry GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 Cycle Reboot Problem

I have a brand new GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 motherboard, just installed Vista on it 2 days ago. Last night i went to boot it and i get stuck in the endless reboot process. I dont know what to do. I cant get far enought to get into the BIOS and i have never overclocked it.. I tried clearning the BIOS and removing the battery for 10 mins.

Any ideas?

i have already opened a case with Gigabyte GTS.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.1 Cycle Reboot Problem

Have you tried removing a stick of ram to get into the bios?

edit: woops, proper reading sure helps

Hmm..the usual course of action is to start plucking the componenets hoping it will start to work again at some point, then put them in 1 by 1 again.
    Did you pull the powerline too when taking out the battery? (and make it 20 mins to be safe)
    Last edited by Rewl; 01-27-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
    i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
    32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
    Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
    Seasonic G-550

It's the same thing that happened to me with the X38 DQ6, in same case the motherboard start alone after 20 or more cycle, as happened here in Italy at an user.... Sometime there aren't any possibilities to revive the bios..... so... good luck

I don't have this board, but I read a thread somewhere months back that removing the video card from the PCIe slot and installing an old video card in a standard PCI slot allowed the person back into the bios with the notorius P35C. They also cleared the DMI once they were able to access the bios. Not sure if it will help, but worth a try if you have an old board laying around.

Dave

edit: There must be something common to all the Gigabyte boards (P35, P35C and X38) exhibiting the same rebooting problems. It's a strange thing to be happening across different platforms. Do they all use the same bios chip?
    Last edited by dave_99; 01-28-2008 at 12:00 AM.
    P35C-DS3R V1.0 bios F2
    Q6600 G0 @ 8x400
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
    4x1gb Crucial Ballistix PC-8500/1066 [SYS MEM MULTIPLIER 2.5]
    Antec 650W Trio
    Pioneer 212-D SATA DVD
    Vista 64

VimesUK is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave_99 View Post
    They also cleared the DMI once they were able to access the bios......
    When my revision 2 board (P35C-DS3) did the same thing I eventually got into the BIOS by stripping all the hardware from it apart from one stick of memory, graphics card and CPU. Previous to needing to do this the board / system had been perfectly stable and running happily for two months.
    I decided to clear the DMI (I wish I hadn't) as it then switched itself off and NEVER came back on again. It would then only start-up with all the fans etc working (but never get to display the BIOS screen) and make two long beeps.
    I got my money back on that board, but I'm not too sure if I made the right choice to buy another one to replace it, albeit a revision 2 P35C DS3r...!!

This board has been fine up to now using the F10 BIOS, apart from quite a large vdrop / vdroop concern.

I am so very disappointed that motherboards today are still VERY vulnerable to BIOS failures, which can render them totally useless, especially those boards which no longer have socketed BIOS chips.

EDIT: Even boards that purport to have dual BIOS support can still end up dead if one BIOS fails to boot.
    I do find it difficult to believe that manufacturers haven't yet been able to resolve this issue and still include a BIOS flashing application that works via Windows. In my opinion flashing should be done only via a floppy, USB or CD drive from first boot.
    Last edited by VimesUK; 01-28-2008 at 04:08 PM.

geat mistake infact have the bios chip socketed.... I think that many many problem could be resolved differently......

So you're saying that probably faulty bios-chips have been used?
    GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
    i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
    32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
    Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
    Seasonic G-550

I don't think it's the chip in itself but the bios as programm not happy

On my P35 DS4, I did get an endless reboot cycle...BUT it was only when i overclocked my cpu from 333 to 390FSB.

Yeah i think your BIOS is screwed over, try RMA the board

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information