Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-M61SME-S2 memory problem

Default Re: GA-M61SME-S2 memory problem

New member, also have a ga-m61sme-s2, first you cannot use two memory sticks in the board unless they are 1.8 volt memory. Second the board is extremely finicky about memory insertion. Ir took me about a dozen insertion tries to get the board to recognize 2x1 gb Kingston value ram dual channel. I decided to try some Patriot memory 2x2GB (not realizing the 1.8 volt restriction). That didn't work I called Gigabyte and they informed me about the 1.8 volt requirement ( yes, it is buried in the manual).

So I took the Patriot memory out and reinserted the 2x1Gb memory. It took 27 insertion tries to get the bios to recognize both sticks at once.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Once you have the 1.8V sticks in there, set the voltage to your new sticks specs, then save and reboot. Then shut down and put in your new sticks, once you get the rest of the timings entered you should be more stable. High Refresh to act delay is needed for 2X2gb sticks IE: 52-62 or higher with some, you will also need to bump MCH voltage to +.1 or .15V probably before you put in the newer sticks

yap, try to add some voltage

or update bios.

Hey, I'm having the similar sorta problem, I cant get 2 sticks of Corsair Value Select VS1GB667D2 to work, each works fine on it's own (although I think a friend may have damaged one when trying to remove it) All I get when they're both in there is the standard beeeeeeeep... beeeeeeeeep... beeeeeeeeep... Any ideas? I'm using bios F9b and an AMD 4400+ X2

everything is on auto and from memory the ram is 1.8V...unless the site I check is lying, if not do you know what it should be and how do I change it (I'm used to intel systems, not realy an AMD fan)

HAHA me to! Intel here, I dont know much about AMD. Those are 667 sticks right? I would think auto should be ok to post at least then. And 1.8 sounds about right, but you would have to look on the sticks to be sure

You change it in the BIOS, Not sure about that board, you may have to hit Control + F1 on the main bios page then go into the MIT Or whatever the overclock section is

yeah, they're 667 sticks and I've done ctrl + F1, there's no M.I.T section, and I cant find any section for voltages, just advanced chipset features

Edit: Ahh...found the DDR2 voltage values, they were in PC Health Status but I cant alter them
    Last edited by SgtMoo; 04-23-2008 at 08:32 PM.

I'm using a GA-M61SNE-S2 with Corsair XMS2 Xtreme CM2X2048-6400C5 1.80v ver.3.1 5-5-5-18 800MHz 2048MB RAM.

I can only get one to recognize out of the pair. Corsair says to add voltage by +.2v, but I can't find anywhere to add this voltage? I'm using the most current F9 firmware and have EasyTune 6 installed also. Can anyone tell me how to get dual channel RAM working on this?

I have a computer store in a small town and have had total problems with this board. We build our systems using this particular board and have stopped because of random freeze-ups and data corruption. So we have stopped using this board, we send them back for RMA and Giga-byte send the same damn board back. Boards set to auto should be good enough, it shouldn't be a difficult task to get a board to see two sticks (see above with 27 inserts to get it to see them), that is garbage! My opinion is this board and company is bad news. Went to Foxconn and haven't had one issue with any board in a year. If Dell can use a company like Foxconn and become one of the biggest companies in the world, why not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information