Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gigabyte P35-DS4 - Which Board?

Default Re: Gigabyte P35-DS4 - Which Board?

Quote Originally Posted by desktop View Post
    Then what would you suggest? I was going to get some Arctic Ceramique. I heard it was excellent stuff. Seems a shame to waste an almost full tube of Silver 5, though. But I see your point.
    I'm not really an expert on thermal grease, but fresh Arctic silver or Ceramique should be fine. I spent a small fortune on this stuff:
    http://www.microsi.com/packaging/thermal_grease.htm

But I really don't see any great benefit from it!

So A5 can go bad after a certain amount of time? Hmm, I'll have to look into that. I thought a tube could last a long time if you store it correctly.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

@ Desktop

Newegg says 2.0 but they are shipping 2.1, I got mine there a few weeks ago and it is 2.1.

2.0 and 2.1 both do not have crazy cool. 2.0 is where the removed it and 2.1 is where they added in the phase lights for DES feature. If you go with newegg you will/should get 2.1. My review is there "Lsdmeasap"

I would suggest getting arctic silver or ceramic on ebay, it will cost you way less. Or get some Tuniq TX-2 at newegg with your board it is only 3.99 I think and is non conductive so you can use it under all your NB/SB/Mosfet/PWM's as well. That is what I have under all of mine.

Arctic Silver will be fine for many years as long as you keep it cool and stood upright so what separates goes to the top and you dont see it until last. I have been using the same large syringe of it for about 3 years, all good in my fridge. But it will last just as long somewhere else as long as it is not hot. But yeah the main thing is to keep it vertical as much as you can when storing it

Quote Originally Posted by a573573 View Post
    Arctic Silver will be fine for many years as long as you keep it cool and stood upright so what separates goes to the top and you dont see it until last. I have been using the same large syringe of it for about 3 years, all good in my fridge. But it will last just as long somewhere else as long as it is not hot. But yeah the main thing is to keep it vertical as much as you can when storing it

I'll just use what I have. It's been in a drawer in a plastic container so it stays upright. Should be fine.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well then it should be ok, as long as your drawer isnt too hot. HAHA

Ya may want to squeeze out a very small bit to be sure it isnt separated at the beginning before you start to apply it. But other then that you should be fine. I normally store mine in a fridge or freezer, but I have had some on a shelf for a year or 2 and used it and it was fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information