Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 212

Thread: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide




  1. #131
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by kurosagi01 View Post
    hey guys,i've got a p965 DS3 motherboard with a intel core 2 duo E6320 with 450FSBx7 which is going 2.8ghz. I was wondering if i could go even further than that on the motherboard,i have tried before going to 3.2ghz but it reverted backed the default settings,does this mean i've met the FSB limit on the motherboard?
    I have seen this board ran at 500+ FSB, so it is not the board that is the issue. Likely either your settings were incorrect or your CPU may be at it's limit with your cooling? You may also want to be sure you are running the latest BIOS.

    Quote Originally Posted by asmodeus_dhoine View Post
    Is this applicable to EX58 boards?
    No, sorry this is not for X58 at all really. Of course some general tips or info may apply but the guide itself is based on 775 CPU's so nothing like i7/X58

  2. #132

    Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    No, sorry this is not for X58 at all really. Of course some general tips or info may apply but the guide itself is based on 775 CPU's so nothing like i7/X58
    I see. Will there be a guide for EX58/i7? Because I can't get my i920 past 3.2GHz on EX58-UD4P.

  3. #133
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    Well the guy who wrote this guide started making a Guide that included P45 last December, but never finished it, not sure why? I have not seen him comment about X58, maybe he will make one soon?

    So I don't think there will be one posted here, but there is a few around if you google X58 Guide.

    Here is the one the author of this article started but never finished for anyone who may be interested in his P45 comments.

    @ asmodeus_dhoine

    If you are having issue finding a guide let me know and I will look you a few up and link them. There is one posted by Gigabyte, just a small PDF in the BIOS sticky, for getting 4Ghz

  4. #134

    Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    @ asmodeus_dhoine

    If you are having issue finding a guide let me know and I will look you a few up and link them. There is one posted by Gigabyte, just a small PDF in the BIOS sticky, for getting 4Ghz
    Thanks :) Would you point me to that PDF, please?
    Although (and it's probably the problem) I'm on stock CPU air cooler so I should first replace it with something good and then go for 3.2+ :)

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I have seen this board ran at 500+ FSB, so it is not the board that is the issue. Likely either your settings were incorrect or your CPU may be at it's limit with your cooling? You may also want to be sure you are running the latest BIOS.



    No, sorry this is not for X58 at all really. Of course some general tips or info may apply but the guide itself is based on 775 CPU's so nothing like i7/X58
    on a core 2 duo cpu?? and what BIOS version do i need to reach that high?? i've currently got the F12

  6. #136
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by asmodeus_dhoine View Post
    Thanks :) Would you point me to that PDF, please?
    Although (and it's probably the problem) I'm on stock CPU air cooler so I should first replace it with something good and then go for 3.2+ :)
    The 4Ghz overclocking PDF is in the BIOS sticky here, at the end of post #1 >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/


    Quote Originally Posted by kurosagi01 View Post
    on a core 2 duo cpu?? and what BIOS version do i need to reach that high?? i've currently got the F12
    Well on the 965P board I do believe most who run 500+ FSB are using extreme cooling, the BIOS itself doesn't have much to do with it.

  7. #137

    Smile Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    @Lsdmeasap

    I just read through your guide ( Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide ) as I am about to be a first time OC'er.

    I have been running a Gigabyte X48 DS-4 MB for about a year now. This is my 1st build using an Intel C2D E8500, all running at stock speeds for the entire time.
    Several months ago I upgraded the CPU to a Q9550, which has been running very well, but really not much better than the E8500. I now would like to get a bit more performance out of it by giving it a medium over-clock and was wondering if this guide will apply to the X48 board I have ?
    I called and spoke to Gigabyte Tech Support (Leo, very impressed with them) directly about over-clocking and he made 2 suggestions...
    1) download the Gigabyte utility 'Easy Tune 6' ...and
    2) come to this forum for advice about OC'ing from the BIOS.
    I tried using the ET6 to very limited success, it enabled me to get a very, very mild OC running stable at 2945.48MHz w/ FSB at 346MHz...but anything over that and my system would crash. I also learned that by using a utility, the OC is only good for that session and all settings will revert back to default when the system is re-started or shut down.
    After reading through your OC'ing guide, I see that there is quite a bit more to this to ensure any overclocking attempts are done right.
    I am new to this forum and would appreciate any advice you can give to me about over-clocking my system correctly with the board and cpu I have.
    If you need my system specs I will update all that info....

    Thxxx......

    *+

    Just RELAX...and take life one game at a time...
    C2Q9550 @ 2.83Mhz // Gigabyte X48-DS4 // HIS 4890 @ 925/1050 // 4 x 2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 PC-2 8500 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v // ABS Tagan BZ900w Modular PSU // Zalman CNPS9700 // (2) WD Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 16mb cache // LITE-ON 20x DVD // NZXT Apollo w/ (3) Antec 120mm case fans // Thermaltake 80mm Duel PCi Slot fan // X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro // Vista Ultimate x64 Sp-2 // BIOS version F2 // LG 2353v 2ms HDMI full HD 1080p w/50,000 : 1 // Logitech Z-5300 5.1 surround sound // Saitek Eclipse // Razor Diamondback Plasma

  8. #138
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    Hi DieselCat18,welcome to forum.
    Before Lsdmeasap will answer you,please edit your type of memory in your post.
    Btw,here you can also found a lot answers or here.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  9. #139
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    Welcome aboard Dieselcat18, like stasio said please list your memory model. Feel free to make a new thread with your full specs and tell us what you want to try to get running and we can help.

    I am surprised to see Leo offering advice about overclocking, generally they don't advise about it as they don't officially support it. Too many headaches with emails and support that way, but we can help for sure!

    I advise not using Easytune, but overclocking with your BIOS. You can set Easytune to keep your settings on reboot, but I advise again to use your BIOS instead.

    That Guide you mention, this thread, is a GREAT Resource. Have you read through it all and attempted things in your BIOS Yet? If you have started reading it and started trying from the BIOS when you make a new thread please also include the full settings you are trying that are failing for you and we will advise back

  10. #140

    Thumbs up Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Hi DieselCat18,welcome to forum.
    Before Lsdmeasap will answer you,please edit your type of memory in your post.
    Btw,here you can also found a lot answers or here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Welcome aboard Dieselcat18, like stasio said please list your memory model. Feel free to make a new thread with your full specs and tell us what you want to try to get running and we can help.

    I am surprised to see Leo offering advice about overclocking, generally they don't advise about it as they don't officially support it. Too many headaches with emails and support that way, but we can help for sure!

    I advise not using Easytune, but overclocking with your BIOS. You can set Easytune to keep your settings on reboot, but I advise again to use your BIOS instead.

    That Guide you mention, this thread, is a GREAT Resource. Have you read through it all and attempted things in your BIOS Yet? If you have started reading it and started trying from the BIOS when you make a new thread please also include the full settings you are trying that are failing for you and we will advise back
    Thank you both for your fast replys....I will follow your advice and start a new thread later on after I return from work tonight.
    Sorry I forgot to mention what memory I was running....(4x2G) G.Skill DDR2 1066 PC-2 8500 (5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v)...I will also list my system specs and settings when I start the new thread.
    I did read through a good portion of your OC'ing guide and did try making a few adjustments in the BIOS,but with no success. So I will need to go back through again and make a list of the items needed for testing before trying again.
    Yes, I was a little surprised that tech support spoke with me about OC'ing...BUT they did warn me that they don't support or encourage it and that over-clocking can result in system failure plus damaged components. I must say though that Gigabytes Tech support is totally awesome and they will listen and help you with anything they can...they are top notch !

    Thxxx to both you guys...will speak with you again soon....

    Just RELAX...and take life one game at a time...
    C2Q9550 @ 2.83Mhz // Gigabyte X48-DS4 // HIS 4890 @ 925/1050 // 4 x 2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 PC-2 8500 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v // ABS Tagan BZ900w Modular PSU // Zalman CNPS9700 // (2) WD Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 16mb cache // LITE-ON 20x DVD // NZXT Apollo w/ (3) Antec 120mm case fans // Thermaltake 80mm Duel PCi Slot fan // X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro // Vista Ultimate x64 Sp-2 // BIOS version F2 // LG 2353v 2ms HDMI full HD 1080p w/50,000 : 1 // Logitech Z-5300 5.1 surround sound // Saitek Eclipse // Razor Diamondback Plasma

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •