Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

I appreciate the help. I just happened upon this thread googling, why I missed the sticky's. I'm OC'ing well right now. at 3.28 core volt 1.376. Of course, i'm not really following a plan. That's what I really like about this article. I'll make a new thread more than likely, and appreciate the hellp.
    Silverstone case, Q6600 cpu Seagate 300 GB sataII drive x 3, in RAID5. evga 8800gts 640mb gigabyte p35c-ds3r rev. 1.1 Toughpower 750W power supply microsoft mouse and gamepad Saitek keyboard vista home premium x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Aight, Ill see you there then

I'm a complete OC noob, but I don't like the idea either that my pc could be performing better than it currently does. Especially if the "upgrade" could be done for free...

I have a Core 2 Duo E8500 (2x3.16GHz) on a GA-EP35C-DS3R motherboard. Currently, it is clocked at its factory standard settings of 9.5x333=3.16GHz.

I'm thinking of raising the FSB to 400MHz whilst maintaining the multiplier of 9.5, thus creating a 9.5x400=3.8GHZ CPU. The 400MHz FSB would also be nice for my DDR2-800 RAM.

Here's the challenge: I'm looking for a "safe" OC, I do not necessarily need to get the maximum out of my CPU, and I'm definitely not looking for any stability issues. In that light, how "safe" is my idea of 9.5x400? And will I need to increase the Vcore setting as well? And last, will my Arctic Freezer 7 Pro do the cooling without forcing it to run on maximum all the time?

Yes to all of that. And yes it will be safe.

Not so sure about your temps with that cooler as I have not used it myself. But you can watch your temps as you increase your Vcore.

Please feel free to make a new thread for yourself and post your full specs and I will help you with some settings.

If you do not see this reply right away I may not be back to give you settings until later tonight. But if you do see it now I can give you some to start with right quick before I leave

Thanks! Will do that then.

Default Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) overclocking and BIOS tweaking Guide

In the part about flashing BIOS you wrote as the final steps:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

• Make like a woodpecker again, and when in the main BIOS screen select "Load BIOS Fail-Safe Defaults" and press "Enter" when prompted. Select "Save and Exit" from the menu and respond "Y" and the machine will reboot.
    • Let it boot to windows. (**NOTE** DO NOT Let it boot to windows if you are Using a RAID setup, your RAID WILL FAIL)
    Which leads me to the following question: those among us who actually do have a RAID setup, what should they do? Some even have their OS installed on it. For example, my OS is running on a RAID1 array. Does that mean I will not be able to flash my BIOS without doing a complete reinstall? Just wondering...

NO, Nothing like that

Just be sure after you load Fail-Safe or Optimized Defaults, that you reboot back to the BIOS and change your Disk settings back to RAID again BEFORE you try to load windows.

Nothing big to worry about there, just made note of that because a few people have forgot to do so and lost their RAID.

Please see the flashing guide, I also mention it there with a little detail

Again, No biggie at all just be sure that after a flash or anytime you load any defaults that you do not boot Windows Without going back into the BIOS to change your Disk settings back to the correct Modes.

Just an adder to MCH prep:
    I thought to isolate the fins from fan noise transmitted by hot-melt.
    Tested about eight brands of silicone rubber caulk/glue. Several specifically 'hi-temp', and one, which I had high hopes for, as has particulate copper in it & made for automotive sealing use - thought it might also conduct heat. Tested by application to aluminum sheet metal bent into a hook, and long end submerged in boiling water for a couple hours. Best one turned out to be cheapest, AND availabe in small tube - don't have to pay for a pound of it when all that is needed is four 'dabs': DAP brand "household adhesive 100% silicone". Am doing further testing to find out what it WON'T stick to, to enable putting little 'dams' into the fins before gluing to prevent gooking up air-flow - will post procedure to mount fan a mm or so above the fins when available... Also, will post multi-fan PWM adapter wiring info in 'COOLING' section to allow 'daisy-chaining' of fan in case of MOBO without speed controlled fan channel linked to NB temp...

CoreTemp is the ONLY correct one in your image.

You must adjust the correct TjMax for Realtemp for your CPU likely, and configure it >>>
    Real Temp - Documentation

Speedfan must also be configured if you want to use it to monitor your cores

TjMax Info >>>

Hi Sr good day , i have a problems whit mi Ep3 ds3 F3, when apply the OC--->>

Q6600 VID 1.3250
    Memory vitesta Extreme 2X2 GB 2.2-2.3 V runs 1066

377*8 -->> 3016 Mhz cpu
    Memory --->> 1136 Mhz
    5-5-5-15
    Timmings--> 3-3-6-52-3-6-23
    PCI-E-->> 100 (fear up more :( )

Voltage settings

Cpu--->>> 1.4000 BIOS --->> 1.3440 IDLE System(EVEREST 4.60 version) 1.3120 Full load..extreme vdroop :(

Vdimm--> 2.1950 V (+4 in bios NEED UP MORE??
    my memory is 2.2 -- 2.3 in 1066)

FSB-->> +1
    MCH-->> +1
    PCI-E->> NORMAL

My problems is and ''try'' open any program ''show blue screen'' and bios retur to the ''fail settings''
    weres is my problem????
    I need to modify more setting?????
    More voltaje??? in CPU,PCI-E,MCH,FSB,VDIM????? please tell :(

My dream is
    ---->>> 3200 CPU and 1xxx memory....

PD: Have water cooling CPU

My temp is..

Mother board-->> 50บ full load is HOT???
    CPU---->> 51 FULL LOAD

THX กกกกกก
    Last edited by ADDIER; 10-28-2008 at 04:07 AM.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information