Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to enter BIOS using GB RAID on GA-X38-DQ6 F7 BIOS

spec is offline Member

Default Re: Unable to enter BIOS using GB RAID on GA-X38-DQ6 F7 BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yeah, I always do on all my boards.....Before I even put a cpu on the board. Right out of the boxes to my work bench.

Ya, I keep my pc I use most on top of my desk, but it looks very cool is probably why! HAHA
    Well I can't keep mine on the desk for 2 reasons...
    - Kandalf is a massive tower, I'd look like a super geek next to it and that
    big 24" LCD on the same desk :)
    - I'm using a G25 racing wheel which has force feedback, (real "force")
    I'm sure it'll toast the disk with the amount of feedback it gives to my table.

To avoid these, I kept if under the desk, but there is a partition half way down on the desk, which I feel could be deflecting hot exhaust air, as I could feel it on my feet earlier. Now I've moved the case to the side of my desk.
    Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
    Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
    Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
    I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, yeah that is a BIG case! I was looking into some full towers myself, how do you like them over mid towers?

I have a Raidmax sagitta mid tower

spec is offline Member

Ahh, yeah that is a BIG case! I was looking into some full towers myself, how do you like them over mid towers?

I like them better than mid size, in looks and for noise as well.
    I think due to larger volume, system fans may run slower to cool to the same effect. But mids are great for carrying around and even for changing components, i've to be so carefull with the full sized tower as it's very heavy and if you drop it... don't even want to think what'll happen.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

So you think overall a system with a full tower (Same fans) would be cooler, and quieter? I could see cooler as the heat would be less compact, but how is it overall quieter?

Ya I wouldn't wanna drop my case in any type of tower!! That would suck for sure

spec is offline Member

So you think overall a system with a full tower (Same fans) would be cooler, and quieter? I could see cooler as the heat would be less compact, but how is it overall quieter?

Ya I wouldn't wanna drop my case in any type of tower!! That would suck for sure
    Well quiter also due to large volume, if same volume of air goes through larger surface area, it will crreate less noise. This will be true for both out and inlets. Large cases Armour/kandalf have 8-9 free bays for inlet air, compare that with 5/6 available for a smaller one, air will create more noise passing through smaller area.

That case isn't close to having good airflow but you don't need a fulltower to get good airflow.

I'm using Antec Titan 650's for myself (which are very deep) and Atlas 550's for most others (which arn't so deep) now but both have very good airflow which can easily be increased without added noise using the right fans.

So...Are extreme turbine's overrated? Been thinking of getting myself 2 and cutting out the grated case material and adding them to my intake/exhaust

You don't need a gale happening in a case, just good constant even airflow.

Well I use logysis 120MM 80cfm ones but they are on the loud side at full rpm's and surely they are sucky fans, got them on ebay cheap is why I have them. Now I want to buy some nice looking but decent fans. And usually the better ones arent the nicest looking so I am trying to find the compromise.

I have just seen a few cases modded with turbines in them with cut out holes and it looked very sharp and nice!

I most likely would never run them at full blast anyway since my case is pretty cool now. I run my intakes and exhaust at about 5-600 below the max rpms and my temps are pretty good and case if fairly quiet over having them on max settings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information