Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Gigabyte GA-P53C-DS3R won't boot from any device, help!

Default Re: My Gigabyte GA-P53C-DS3R won't boot from any device, help!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well if you setup a raid originally (Which I assume you did to start the vista install) then you wont have a bootable drive again anyway until you delete the raid in the raid screen, or reformat either of those disks
    I never got it to boot even into the Vista install DVD, right after I set it to use RAID in the BIOS I started having this trouble, which is what I did right after I installed the second hard disk.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well ok, so you never even went into the "Control + G" page and made a RAID array? If not then that is the first reason why you never got anywhere with installing vista on a raid, you didnt have a raid setup so vista whether you ever got to the load driver page or not would have never seen a raid array.

The setting for raid in the bios is only the settings, you must go into the raid array pages after that and create a raid disk by hitting Control + G on the third page after your bootup screen. The page that shows you disk info and such

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well ok, so you never even went into the "Control + G" page and made a RAID array? If not then that is the first reason why you never got anywhere with installing vista on a raid, you didnt have a raid setup so vista whether you ever got to the load driver page or not would have never seen a raid array.

The setting for raid in the bios is only the settings, you must go into the raid array pages after that and create a raid disk by hitting Control + G on the third page after your bootup screen. The page that shows you disk info and such
    Regardless, I am/was not able to boot with the Vista DVD which makes that moot. If I had gotten the Vista DVD to boot and THEN I didn't see any drives, then what you just said would've helped me, but that never happened. What happened was: I installed the second hard drive, enabled RAID in the BIOS, and then nothing would boot. I have since reset the BIOS to IDE, and STILL nothing will boot. Trying different combinations of drives connected and still nothing will boot. I just want to at least get to the point of being able to boot from the DVD drive.

When I saw this problem, it eventually turned out to be the ide cable that the DVD drive was on. Try disconnecting the cable from the motherboard and see what happens. If it gets past the DMI screen, your DVD drive or cable is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by techtype View Post
    When I saw this problem, it eventually turned out to be the ide cable that the DVD drive was on. Try disconnecting the cable from the motherboard and see what happens. If it gets past the DMI screen, your DVD drive or cable is the problem.
    I have tried booting with no drives attached, and it exhibits the same behavior, it gets to the DMI screen and then immediately reboots. I haven't tried swapping the SATA cable on the DVD drive so I'll try that when I get home tonight, but it seems odd that the cable would suddenly fail in this fashion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information