Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with GA-P35-DS4 not start

Default Problem with GA-P35-DS4 not start

<CODE>The computer does not start (no beep). I have tried many things. I have tested with another motherboard from a friend and the computer starts, so I think it's the motherboard. The motherboard, CPU and memory are new. I saw in the CPU-support list for version 1.1 (1.2 not exists there why?) the CPU I have is supported from version BIOS F6, but I don't know wich version I have if that is the problem. I have tried to boot with no Video card, no memory only CPU attached and no beep, the CPU fan moves about 1 cm, and moves a little when shutting down. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Model Name : GA-P35-DS4(rev. 1.2)--------------------------M/B Rev : 1.2BIOS Ver : ?Serial No. : SN0734003260Purchase Dealer : TBH.se-------------------------------------------------------------------------------VGA Brand : MSI Model : Radeon RX800CPU Brand : Intel Model : Core 2 Duo E4500 2,2GHz Box Speed : 2,2Operation System : SP : Memory Brand : Corsair Type : DDRIIMemory Size : 2x1024MB Speed : 675MHzPower Supply : Ace Raw Deal 620 WCorsair XMS2 Xtreme PC-5400 2x1024MB 675MHz DDR2 TWIN2X2048-5400C4</CODE></PRE>

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Problem with GA-P35-DS4 not start

That CPU/memory is fine, are you sure the CPU fan works? Can you try a different one or reseat it all. Sometimes it will not start it not properly installed.

Do you have a system speaker plugged in? If not then you wont get any beeps

Are you sure your board is rev. 1.2? I do not see that in the list. Check the box please, or in the lower corner of the board under the PCI slots. Then I can link you to the BIOS page for your board

Revisions made for DS4
    GA-P35-DS4 (Rev. 2.1)
    Other revisions : Rev. 1.1 rev. 1.0 rev. 2.0
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    That CPU/memory is fine, are you sure the CPU fan works? Can you try a different one or reseat it all. Sometimes it will not start it not properly installed.
    I tried once to remove it and put it back, and my friend who has also removed it and replug it. We put the fan on another power pin and it worked fine. The CPU and Fan work fine in another MOBO.

Do you have a system speaker plugged in? If not then you wont get any beeps
    Yes.

Are you sure your board is rev. 1.2? I do not see that in the list. Check the box please, or in the lower corner of the board under the PCI slots. Then I can link you to the BIOS page for your board
    I also saw that found it strange. I rechecked the version and it say 1.2 on the board the box. If you search for "gigabyte ga-p35-ds4 rev 1.2" in google you found match from Gigabyte http://www.gigabyte.eu/Products/Moth...ProductID=2606 and the result is the product not found.

Revisions made for DS4
    GA-P35-DS4 (Rev. 2.1)
    Other revisions : Rev. 1.1 rev. 1.0 rev. 2.0

I would RMA the board as DOA then for sure. Or wait and see what Janus here has to say about this

Ok, thanks for the very fast reply. I send the card to the shop I have bougth it from.

CARD? Do you mean motherboard? If so cool, that is what I would do

Ya if you bought new you should at least be getting a version they have listed on the site. I mean even if it is a older one, it should be at least a 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 so you could at least have a support page and drivers and all that for it. 2.1 is now the newest as you know. And they have also made it into EP35-DS4 which is the same as 2.1 of the normal P35 model. If you can get that one, if not at least ask if you can get a model Gigabyte has a support page for, that probably got recalled to gigabyte and they should not be selling it.

I dont work there so I wouldnt know, but seems to me if it isnt listed on the pages of GA boards it shouldnt be for sale, for a reason

Card?, yes I mean the motherboard ;).

Thanks fot the tips on the version.

Yeap, Janus may be able to help you with that board version. But yeah if RMA is possible for you, and you dont mind doing it that is what I would do

So Redina, What did you decide to do? Or did you get a new board at that place you got the other one?

I have returned the MOBO to the place I bought it from. I have order it from the internet and they have send (yesterday) it to Gigabyte for a fix or replacement. So I waiting just now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information