Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P35-DS3L memory multiplier issue

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P35-DS3L memory multiplier issue

Use the 8 Multi

Performance Enhance effects memory bandwidth and overall systems speed, I suggest not using it at all until you are at a stable point. And then most likely since you are overclocking it will not be useful more then it is harmful.

But you can always try it and see after you are fully stable, but you may get the reboot cycle

Default Re: P35-DS3L memory multiplier issue

Actually x8 does work well, I've run a couple passes of memtest through it at 380. The memory throughput is slightly less than the 334 combo(~100 MB/s) and I'd like the keep the NB as cool as possible. At 334x9/3.3 I'm getting 3g with memory at 1113m/5112MB/s. It's been running like this a couple days so I'm very happy with these settings :).

Seems my NB & Ram are able to run the tighter strapping at 334 and a strapping change is between 334 & 375. I did go to 333 looking for a boundary but it wasn't there, the mem speed decreased somewhat proportionately. All this is on the Extreme settings and with voltages forced to manual default so I'm lucky in those regards.

Although it probably isn't necessary I put a 40mm fan on the NB just to keep me happy.

Again a great board and an incredible value!

Thanks
    Last edited by EmilG; 03-11-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information