Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP35C-DS3R cant pass boot screen no keyboard

Default Re: GA-EP35C-DS3R cant pass boot screen no keyboard

it is definetly
    2GB OCZ DDR2-1000 PC2-8000 CL 5-5-5-15 PLATINUM DUAL CHANNEL EL XTC (OCZ2P10002GK)

My mate has a none ddr2/ddr3 version of this board that works, maybe his ram will work ok, i have no idea if im buying the right thing if i go into a computer store, but i'd probably be able to buy it and use it. I've got the new motherboard now i'll let you know what happens.

same problem with a replacement motherboard, in and out of the case :s i guess its either ram or processor now, i dont think failing a bios update could kill the processor so im gonna go buy a stick of generic ram, see what happens. ill let you know

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

It is most likely the ram, you just need some cheap, any speed ddr2 1.8V. Just ask fro some of that, any type will do and you can return it once you boot up your board and change the voltage that first time to match your ram. Which will be +.3 to equal 2.1V
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-10-2008 at 09:50 PM.

lovely lovely generic ram from a expensive store, i'll be returning later to get my 40 back :O anyhoo the system boots, im just gonna look around for the increase voltage setting :) thank you i'll post back when i get it working

Well the DDR Voltage is increased to +0.3v and everything runs the only thing is my motherboard tells me i might reduce the life of my RAM how can this be possible if this is the default voltage?? I dont want to break it.

Thanks for all your help so far, the system is running again, just need to hook the rest of my stuff up :S

Also i've got a little cable coming out of my PSU with a end similar to the Processor fan's end, can i plug this into the pwr_fan on my motherboard?

Yes, warning for those who dont know any better. Your ram is rated at 2.1 and that is +0.3 so you can ignore it.

Ya should read the guide I pinned, it will help you better get it all stable, I would assume you are going to need some voltage on your MCH as well for 4GB of high speed ram

You did get me right, about the cheap ram? You only need that to boot and change the bios voltage on your ram to 2.1 then you can put your other good ram back in. Just thought I would say that incase you misunderstood me and thought you needed cheap 1.8 ram to use always....Cause you dont.

And really you just got unlucky with that ram you had because most will default to 1.8 and start anyway, but some will not as you found out the hard way

Glad you are all up and running!

Aye, got you right, i'm going to take the old stuff back now :) I've just booted vista up without a blue screen coming from A-bit to Gigaytbe which is good cause i hadn't back up my data :) im going to do a re format now anyway but i'm glad its working again. I dont have 4 gig atm i have 2 but im going to buy 4 in April so i will have a total of 6 gig, what did you mean by MCH?

MCH is in the Voltage settings (Control + F1) it is your Memory Chip Controller in the Northbridge. I would still suggest you add +0.05 or +0.075, or +0.1 to the MCH whichever you have the lowest option of in there, just for stability

Ahh yeah I got confused about 2-4 GB when I was looking for your data about your ram. Ya, you can take back the cheap stuff and keep the OCZ now that you have set the voltages

well its running at least, only problem is now i get random crashes and lock ups so i cant install windows vista :S is there any reason this could be happening?

i've got the MCH set to +0.1v and DDR Voltage set to +0.3v i dont really want to play with the other settings cause i've no idea if thats the problem or not, i think it should be, but dont know.
    Last edited by lordfallout; 03-11-2008 at 01:16 AM.

I just saw a nice section in your sticky about if your having problems with vista, i'll try these out, one more question though my processor E6850 has a Buss speed of 1333 MHZ so should i set the

CPU Host Frequency (MHz) to 1333?

Because by default it was around 600 also my RAM has a default FSB of 1000MHZ should i set the DDR2 RAM equivilant to 1000?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information