Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Default Re: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerwild View Post
    Eklock,

Answer - 583123
    Answer : Dear Customer,

I am sorry, but we do not offer refunds. The production Intel processor changed from the testing sampling. The specifications and CPU list for the model GA-N680SLI-DQ6 is here:
    There it is in black and effing white. Yes, we all know this is the reason, but clearly this is not something the customer should suffer for. This is very obviously an issue between Gigabyte and Intel. Just sux that they're sticking it to us.

EK2K

I would think there should be some sort of trade in/trade up offer for current owners to boards that actually support what is printed on the box. Only time will tell on this one.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

A trade in/trade up program will restore much of our faith to Gigabyte but all this time Gigabyte does nothing but remain silent. You have to be quite a loyal customer to accept that you have to wait an eternity for a board that costs 300-350$. It's hard to wait for months after all the other makers have released their mobos and have to bite the bullet only to be left out in the cold in the end. Our board has gone EOL faster than anything else in its category leaving the few of us wondering what hit us. If Gigabyte does nothing for us then how are we to trust them again ? I know I can't.

I've just recently upgraded my graphics replacing my ASUS EN8800GTX with 2 ASUS EN8800GTS TOP. When reviewing the cards on the market I stumbled across Gigabyte's card. The card had NWN2 as a bundle and although I love this game I have no faith left in Gigabyte. After 2 seconds of thought I decided to pay more for the ASUS that came without any bundled software and purchase NWN2 separately.

As long as Gigabyte does nothing but ignore us I cannot trust them enough to buy any of their products nor can I recommend any of their products to anyone else. I hope that Gigabyte reconsiders their coarse of action towards us few. If they do nothing then many of us few will have no option but to take our business elsewhere.

We fully understand that this whole mess is not entirely Gigabyte's fault as nVidia and Intel are also to blame but other manufacturers out there did something for their customers. And that “production Intel processor changed from the testing sampling” thing applies only to penryn. What about the QX6850 ? Is this a next gen processor too ? There is no excuse for the poor level of support we got so far.

Many of us in this thread come from the AnandTech forums. We came here for one reason only, to get an answer. Even a negative answer to our requests will be more honorable than Gigabyte's deafening silence. So this is where it comes down to. We want an answer.
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

The Gigabyte non-response to this is shameful. I don't have the board in question but i did just recently switch to Gigabyte (ga-p35-ds4) after 10 years of using nothing but Asus. If this thread is any indication of Gigabytes "support" then I may have made a mistake.

NOTE TO GIGABYTE !! - Please respond to this thread! These folks deserve an answer, AND a remedy, to fix a problem that was not of their making. Believe me when I say that those of us who are satisfied with our current Gigabyte product will remember your response to this before we open our wallets for anything else with Gigabyte's name on it.
    GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerwild View Post
    There defense is it doesn't say we support them on our site, but there it is in black and white on the front of there MB box for all the world to see it says
    "SUPPORTS 1333MHZ EXTREME CPU"S".
    But it does say it on their site:

Not only are they stupid enough to deny it, they are stupid enough not to ammend it. (which is why I took a screen shot last year, in case they do ammend it).

Here is another pic of it on the box as well:

As per my last few posts over at AnandTech GB Australia have agreed to give me a full refund. I was offered a replacement board (780i when it comes out in April) or a refund. This was offered due to complaint I lodged for the product being misrepresented. If you want to know the whole story then you can read about it in the thread over at AnandTech.

In short though I have chosen to be refunded and they have a copy of my purchase receipt so now I am just waiting for the money. So if they have done it for me the have to do it for anyone else claiming the same circumstances. So I recommend everyone make a claim and quote my case number which can be found in the thread over at AnandTech - http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...VIEWTMP=Linear

I have no doubt from everything I have read on the subject that Intel did in fact tweak something on the 1333's prior to release but I think the blame also lays with GB for straying too far from the ref specs of the 680i chipset in their quest to create a superboard. At least some of the other manufacturers have been able to get some 1333 quads working with their 680i's by way of a BIOS updated - but not GB.

Both companies are to blame for the state of affairs but I dont get why GB just don't acknowledge the mistake and attempt to set things right for their customers (eg: like EVGA has). It is not the customers concern that Intel dudded them. That is for GB's lawyers to pursue in due course. In the meantime they have a responsibility to look after their customers who now have a product that cannot do what was claimed to be able to do. It seems GB's stance is to just ignore their customers or give them the run around until they go away. It looks as though I am one of the lucky few who they have agreed to be given a refund but I can tell you it has taken nearly 15 emails, 5 phone calls and 3 months to get to this point and although I am happy to be receiving a refund, I find the support given by GB has been unsatisfactory.

Be warned, anyone who is considering buying any future Gigabyte products.

Hello GriMRapeR,

You are right. They have edited their web sites erasing the much incriminating Quad Extreme thing but they forgot to do so with their Australian site.

Rev 1 page : http://www.gigabyte.com.au/Products/...ProductID=2460
    Rev 2 page : http://www.gigabyte.com.au/Products/...ProductID=2648

Hurry up Gigabyte you have one more site to amend and then I guess we will all have to go away quietly.

(Fat chance)
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

A friend with one of these boards has contacted his solicitor with screen grabs of the website and pictures of the box it came in and he is now preparing to sue them, who can blame him?

The solicitor reckons Gigabyte don't have a leg to stand on and I agree ;)

@ Gigabyte...Altering any websites 'after the fact' is not going to help and will only serve to further strengthen the case against you!!

This is shameful stuff!
    Last edited by Finguz; 03-23-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finguz View Post
    A friend with one of these boards has contacted his solicitor with screen grabs of the website and pictures of the box it came in and he is now preparing to sue them, who can blame him?

The solicitor reckons Gigabyte don't have a leg to stand on and I agree ;)

@ Gigabyte...Altering any websites 'after the fact' is not going to help and will only serve to further strengthen the case against you!!

This is shameful stuff!
    I would hope he/they would concider a class action suit. I am not one who usually would concider such but maybe its about time since these big companys will keep getting away with such tactics until something is done about it threw the court system. It does not matter at all if it was Intel who slipped in a mickey or not, the fact is we bought this board, a Gigabyte board and it is up to Gigabyte to make good with it's customers.

Gigabyte can delete all they want from there website and try to hide there coverup, but they can not delete what is printed on the box of which many of us have kept. What really gets my goat is that there really is not that many people out there with this board. For Gigabyte to ignor us instead of trying to make things right just makes no sence, I mean what would it cost a big company like Gigabyte to replace a few boards or to refund a few dollars.

So lets see, if I am Gigabyte I could see to it that these few customers with issues are taken care of in a professional manner, replace there boards or refund there cash and be known as a company that cares about there customers, or do I ignor them to save a few pennys when in reality when word gets out that we screwed these customers with false claims we will lose many dollars due to the fact that many will be leary to by from such a shady company whos policy is to sell products with false advertising and then ignor those customers when they discover they have been screwed.
    Last edited by cdfire; 03-24-2008 at 06:27 AM.

well fsb 1333
    but sorry not include 45nm.

Hello cdfire,

You are absolutely right. If you consider that there are many people out there that have already replaced their mobos the list of people that will take advantage of a trade in/trade up program is getting shorter. There are also people that do not really care to upgrade their cpus. Most of these guys have already got their hands on 1066 Extreme Quads and upgrading to a 1333 Extreme Quad does not make that much sense for them.

The only ones that got screwed are guys like us. Most of us started with a C2D or a basic C2Q cpu planning to upgrade to a 1333 Quad sometime in the future. Most of us, like yours truly, did place a lot of faith in the writing on the box.

Well, here we are. I can’t help it but anytime I look at my rig the only thing I see is the only thing that's out of place, my cpu.

Question. I believed in Gigabyte, I’ve paid their price, I’ve built my rig based on their claims that the board could handle the 1333 Quads, do I deserve this ???? Does anyone else deserve this ????

Seriously, I do not understand Gigabyte at all. If they do nothing to remedy this they will most certainly lose more money than they have earned from the damn thing. So what is it that's holding you back Guys ????

@ Janus Yeh,

We are sorry too. Is Gigabyte gonna do anything to remedy things for us ?

PS
    The QX6850 is not a 45nm part, not that this matters.
    Last edited by Blazer7; 03-24-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information