Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Default Re: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

@ realone,

Yeah, spirits are a bit on the wild side but after so many months of absolute silence that's about normal. As many of us have already mentioned in our posts here, we do not hold any single Gigabyte employee responsible for this fiasco but we are miffed by Gigabyte's behaviour towards us as a company.

That said, I doubt that our problem can be resolved with a BIOS update. As I have already mentioned in a previous post, if that was that easy, and I wish it was, Gigabyte would have dealt with the problem by now.

The real issue here is that Gigabyte chose to forget all about us despite the fact that the claim for “FSB 1333 support for the record-setting Intel® Core 2 Extreme Quad Core processors” was written all over the box and was also advertised on Gigabyte's site. That was a BIG selling point for Gigabyte and the main reason that many of us chose this board, and since Gigabyte took our money and did not do good on their promise it's only fair that we should ask for a refund or a replacement program of some sorts that will give us a chance to get what we have paid for.

More to it, this whole issue has become, thanks to Gigabyte's behaviour, a matter of principle for many of us and when things reach this point no one is willing to go away without a fight. Our presence here and our perseverance on this after so many months is undeniable proof of this.

It is clear to everyone who is familiar with our issue that Gigabyte has a responsibility towards us to make things right. We are calling upon them to do just that, nothing more nothing less.
    Last edited by Blazer7; 03-26-2008 at 05:40 AM.
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

You are totally right, without a doubt.

I wonder if they can't fix it with a BIOS update though. From what I can tell the board + chipset should be able to handle those CPU's. The fact that there isn't an update though, does not mean it's not possible. BIOS updates aren't big deals. They could fix one over night if they really wanted to.

But that's what you see with large companies like GB. Relatively small stuff like that is being pushed to the side or just totally ignored. I'm not saying GB does that, but the problems you guys, and myself encounter sure does not give them the benefit of the doubt.

I really hope they will straighten this out. For both GB and their customers.

Quad core optimized... supports intel core 2 extreme quad-core processors... supports 1333/1066/800/533MHz FSB... Designed for enthusiasts with extreme over-clocking and blistering gaming performance in mind...

Do these statements sound familiar??? I bought this board while I was stationed in Japan for 41,980 Yen (I believe the exchange rate was around 116 at the time so around $360 us). Granted I can't read some of the propaganda on the outside of the box seeing as its in conji... but thankfully for me 90% of the packaging is written in engrish (<-- funny ha ha).

When I purchased this board it was getting a lot of hype as the most feature rich 680 board out there and was doing well in the reviews. Then after slapping my q6700 on the board and trying my hand at getting a decent overclock it became apparent that something was wrong. "designed for enthusiasts with extreme over-clocking..." We were told not to worry, a bios update will fix the quad core issues and so we proceeded to wait... and wait... and wait... along the way we were leaked some beta bioses (nothing ever published on gigabyte's web site officially), although promising at times these beta bioses never corrected the issues with quad core processes. f5b being arguably a more stable bios for quads than f5f which I believe became the final f5 bios. This was the revision that was supposed to solve all the problems . Did I mention that this took MONTHS with no official word from gigabyte the whole time? Once the f5 bios came out (and for this quad core owner it added 0% more than what I already had) it was days later that with no fanfare or notice whatsoever the motherboard disappeared off the e-tailers sites never to return. (not funny ha ha... funny ) EOL'd without fixing a damn thing... I still can't get any better than a 320 x 10 overclock on my q6700 when there are people out there getting better oc's on q6600's that are locked at 9x cpu multiplier with better boards.

Gigabyte your support regarding this board is shameful and although I am willing to allow you to attempt to make ammends (trust me i'm not holding my breath). As it currently stands if no action is taken to rectify this situation (for example EVGA need I say more) I will not ever purchase or recommend the purchase of any products produced by your company in the future.
    Last edited by Sterman; 03-26-2008 at 04:26 AM.
    GIGABYTE GA-N680SLI-DQ6 (rev 1), Core 2 Quad q6700 oc'd 3.0 Ghz
    2x 2gb Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15 unlinked
    2x Asus EN8800GTS 640mb SLI
    2X 150gb Raptor raid 0
    3X Seagate 500 gb raid 5
    ASUS DRW-1814BLT optical
    Antech 900 case w/ Antech 650w true power trio psu
    Scythe Ninja Plus Rev b
    Vista x64 Ultimate edition

@ realone,

You may wonder whether Gigabyte can fix this 1333FSB issue with a BIOS update but I don't think that this matters anymore. Regardless of Gigabyte's ability to fix this with a new BIOS it seems that they have already taken their decision on this and it's clearly not in our favor.

Their official answer to the question regarding our board's capability of working with the 1333 Extreme Quads can be found on Gigabyte's cpu support list for our mobo. Things can't get more official than this and with our mobo EOL'd already what chances do you thing we have for a BIOS solution ? The answer is absolutely none.

Cpu support list for rev 1 mobos : http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2460
    Cpu support list for rev 2 mobos : http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2553

Hell, we don't know if the damn thing supports even Wolfdale. Not that this matters but it speaks of the support we are getting from Gigabyte so far.

@ Sterman,

Yes those statements do ring a bell and it's about time for the guys over at Gigabyte to listen to the sound of that bell.
    Last edited by Blazer7; 03-26-2008 at 05:16 AM.
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer7 View Post
    @ realone,

Yeah, spirits are a bit on the wild side but after so many months of absolute silence that's about normal. As many of us have already mentioned in our posts here, we do not hold any single Gigabyte employee responsible for this fiasco but we are miffed by Gigabyte's behaviour towards us as a company.

That said, I doubt that our problem can be resolved with a BIOS update. As I have already mentioned in a previous post, if that was that easy, and I wish it was, Gigabyte would have dealt with the problem by now.

The real issue here is that Gigabyte chose to forget all about us despite the fact that the claim for “FSB 1333 support for the record-setting Intel® Core 2 Extreme Quad Core processors” was written all over the box and was also advertised on Gigabyte's site. That was a BIG selling point for Gigabyte and the main reason that many of us chose this board, and since Gigabyte took our money and did not do good on their promise it's only fair that we should ask for a refund or a replacement program of some shorts that will give us a chance to get what we have paid for.

More to it, this whole issue has become, thanks to Gigabyte's behaviour, a matter of principle for many of us and when things reach this point no one is willing to go away without a fight. Our presence here and our perseverance on this after so many months is undeniable proof of this.

It is clear to everyone who is familiar with our issue that Gigabyte has a responsibility towards us to make things right. We are calling upon them to do just that, nothing more nothing less.
    Very well put Blazer!
    I for one wouldn't want a step up unless it was FREE as I haven't gotten what I paid for YET!!! And will not be spending any of my money on there products till such time!!!If EVER!! That being said I would take a free replacement of the board that is a adaquit replacement. But as you said the 790 will cost us for the mem too unless they have a DDR2 version.
    So really the only way for me is a full reinbursment of this trajic board that is so over laoded with features that even if they did try to make a bios fix it couldn't work. That is a problem witch is apparent that the board is so over the edge with stuff that burning it really is an alternative to dealing with it now............
    Again Thank you all for the support,
    STEP UP GIGABYTE!!!!!!!!
    Signed one lost customer Jaggerwild, Owner of one Gig-a-crap GA-N680SLI-DQ6 rev.2

Hi guys…My name is Colin Brix and I am the technical marketing manager at GIGABYTE UNITED in our Taipei head office. I just wanted to clarify what Janus mentioned earlier about the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 FSB1333 Quad-Core support issue. We do publish on our website a CPU support list for each board as Blazer7 mentioned. For the GA-N680SLI-DQ6, it does mention that that we do not offer support for 3 Core 2 Extreme processors, the QX9770, the QX9650, and the QX6850. We do however offer support QX6800 and QX6700, as well as Core 2 Duo 1333MHz FSB E6850, E6750, E6550, E6540. The reason we publish this list is to make sure customers know compatibility before they purchase a new CPU or motherboard.

A few months back I discussed with Gary from the Anand forums as to why we don’t offer support for those three CPU’s. The GA-N680SLI-DQ6 is a relatively dated product. The first BIOS release issued for the board was January 1, 2007. Intel’s new 45nm CPU’s weren’t introduced until the following fall. When we did get the new CPU samples from Intel to test for compatibility in the fall of last year, we noticed that there was some major stability and thermal issues with the 680i SLI chipset and the new 45’s on the 3 CPUs I mentioned. GIGABYTE was not the only manufacturer that had compatibility issues. We contacted Nvidia, but by the time we got a fix, the board was already EOL. Our engineers tried to do a BIOS fix, but found out the thermal issues were too great and required a hardware rework. Since the board was already EOL, we were unable to do the hardware fix. So, rather than releasing an unstable BIOS fix that could possibly damage users’ CPUs or boards, we decided that we couldn’t officially support those 3 CPUs when they were introduced to the market. Some of the other manufacturers were able to do a BIOS workaround, mainly because their products had been designed a little later than our GA-N680SLI-DQ6. Other manufacturers had to come out with a new revision board.

I understand the frustration you guys are feeling. At GIGABYTE, we try our hardest to bring our customers the latest technologies with the highest levels of performance as soon as they are launched. Some times, however, in order for users to take advantage of these new technologies, a hardware upgrade is required.

I do want to apologize for the late response in clarifying this issue to you guys, but I wasn’t aware of the forum threads until today. We do honestly care about our customers and thank you for the continued feedback. It is only with your help that we can continue to better improve on our products for the future.

OH WELL THAT makes eveything better! I guess the EXTREME thing was a mistake or you just tried to blind us by throwing in the INTEL pointing too. BS!
    AGAIN NEVER EVER WILL YOUR COMPANY RECIEVE MY MONEY not even by proxy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tures-Copy.jpg

Your little smoke screen almost deverted me there, again I want my GD money back period!

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL207.../309566773.jpg

"supports 1333 FSB EXTREME QUAD CORE"
    If anything you slapped me in the face, and now there is fuel on the fire!!!! MARK MY WORDS you will pay one way or the other!!!
    The internet is a small place...................
    Last edited by jaggerwild; 03-26-2008 at 12:30 PM.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL207.../309566773.jpg
    I don't see that sticker saying supporting Extreme Quad Core.. but I do see only Supporting FSB 1333... Is that my eyes problem or ??

And it's clearly stated on their CPU support list which cpu they support , which they don't... i would do my homework first before buying things..

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Colin View Post
    Hi guys…My name is Colin Brix and I am the technical marketing manager at GIGABYTE UNITED in our Taipei head office. I just wanted to clarify what Janus mentioned earlier about the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 FSB1333 Quad-Core support issue. We do publish on our website a CPU support list for each board as Blazer7 mentioned. For the GA-N680SLI-DQ6, it does mention that that we do not offer support for 3 Core 2 Extreme processors, the QX9770, the QX9650, and the QX6850. We do however offer support QX6800 and QX6700, as well as Core 2 Duo 1333MHz FSB E6850, E6750, E6550, E6540. The reason we publish this list is to make sure customers know compatibility before they purchase a new CPU or motherboard.

A few months back I discussed with Gary from the Anand forums as to why we don’t offer support for those three CPU’s. The GA-N680SLI-DQ6 is a relatively dated product. The first BIOS release issued for the board was January 1, 2007. Intel’s new 45nm CPU’s weren’t introduced until the following fall. When we did get the new CPU samples from Intel to test for compatibility in the fall of last year, we noticed that there was some major stability and thermal issues with the 680i SLI chipset and the new 45’s on the 3 CPUs I mentioned. GIGABYTE was not the only manufacturer that had compatibility issues. We contacted Nvidia, but by the time we got a fix, the board was already EOL. Our engineers tried to do a BIOS fix, but found out the thermal issues were too great and required a hardware rework. Since the board was already EOL, we were unable to do the hardware fix. So, rather than releasing an unstable BIOS fix that could possibly damage users’ CPUs or boards, we decided that we couldn’t officially support those 3 CPUs when they were introduced to the market. Some of the other manufacturers were able to do a BIOS workaround, mainly because their products had been designed a little later than our GA-N680SLI-DQ6. Other manufacturers had to come out with a new revision board.

I understand the frustration you guys are feeling. At GIGABYTE, we try our hardest to bring our customers the latest technologies with the highest levels of performance as soon as they are launched. Some times, however, in order for users to take advantage of these new technologies, a hardware upgrade is required.

I do want to apologize for the late response in clarifying this issue to you guys, but I wasn’t aware of the forum threads until today. We do honestly care about our customers and thank you for the continued feedback. It is only with your help that we can continue to better improve on our products for the future.
    I appreciate your reply Colin however you have failed to point out anything we do not know. It is a valiant attempt to try show us you care and offer some kind of explaination but you haven't really said or done anything that helps our situation in the slightest. In fact with all that corporate speil, you actually managed to dance around the whole issue quite well.

Bottom line here is that this board does not support 1333 Extreme Quad core processors as was advertised both on the website and the box that it could and we have provided ample evidence of this in this thread. So I would appreciate if you would comment on exactly what Gigbyte are doing to rectify the problem that a number of its customers have not received what they paid for. What is Gigabyte going to do to make things right by their customers?

I have already been promised a refund by Gigabyte Australia and I am happy with that although I am very dissatisfied by how long and how much of my time it took to get that result. But that is just my situation. There are hundreds out there including some of the guys in this thread and the one at AnandTech that still have not been offered a resoultion. How about you go back and speak with whoever is in charge and offer your customers some sort of resolution package? It is not only the right thing to do but I think you will find it is indeed a legal requirement. Gigabyte has sold a product that cannot meet what they promised therefore they are obligated to refund or exchange as per just about any civilized county's fair trading practises. Surely this would be a more viable alternative than facing a class action from your customers - which I might add is only just around the corner unless Gigabyte sort this thing out real quick.

By the way I could help but respond to your comments about the supported CPU list. Do you really believe what you typed? The support list is updated spasmotically at best. In fact I think its only been updated 3 or 4 times since the board was released and since going EOL months ago I haven't seen anything on their about Wolfdale and I haven't received any replys from GB techs to my questions as to whether this board would support Wolfdale. But I guess that is all by the by anyway now isn't it. Fact is this board cannot sdo what GB claimed and they are obliged to offer a refund or replacement option for its customers. So again we wait.........

Sorry Jaggerwild. My intent wasn't to make you more upset. As some posters wanted a clarification of what Janus was saying, I simply wanted to further explain. The GA-N680SLI-DQ6 does support FSB 1333 both for the E6540, E6550, E6750, E6850, as well as 1333MHz by OC for the Extreme processors that we do support.

I also wasn't "INTEL pointing", just merely giving background to the situation that some people were asking for as there is always a lot of wrong information out in the forums.

I am not RMA, simply technical marketing. I do have a BIOS that does provide some level of support for those 3 CPUs, but performance is buggy as the CPU overheats. If you have decent cooling it might not be a problem, but if I do release to you and your hardware is damaged, then what? What CPU are you wanting to use by the way?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information