Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Default Re: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by son75 View Post
    http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL207.../309566773.jpg
    I don't see that sticker saying supporting Extreme Quad Core.. but I do see only Supporting FSB 1333... Is that my eyes problem or ??

And it's clearly stated on their CPU support list which cpu they support , which they don't... i would do my homework first before buying things..

Are you a troll or just daft????

What part of this post don't you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    But it does say it on their site:

Not only are they stupid enough to deny it, they are stupid enough not to ammend it. (which is why I took a screen shot last year, in case they do ammend it).

Here is another pic of it on the box as well:

It is there as clear as day on their website as well as printed on the back of the box. I don't really think this is open for argument, its pretty clear cut. As for the current CPU support list well what has that got to do with anything? When most of us purchased this board it was well before the release of Penryn and we bought the board on the belief of GB's claim that it would support the future CPU's - have you even read this thread? Surely you realise this and are just here to provoke a flame fest. You post is insulting to put it mildly.

That is sounding pretty good Colin - maybe you could release the BUGGY BETA BIOS if the users agree that it could damage hardware. Like, they use at their own risk?

Thanks for coming in here!
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Grim - please keep it friendly.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

warning heeded.

Colin is checking to see if he can release the BETA BIOS.

Wait a bit peoples :)
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

@ Colin,

Dear sir,

Thank you for your reply but as GrimRaper has pointed out most of us here are aware of the technical issues that you have described and why the board cannot support the 1333FSB Extreme Quads. We are also aware that Gigabyte was not the only manufacturer to experience this issue.

However, and as you have already mentioned, other companies managed to fix this with a BIOS update and some other companies released new revisions that were able to work with the new cpus. And of course there is eVGA with their now famous replacement program. We Gigabyte customers got no solution at all and the fact that the board is EOL’d is not of our making.

Regardless of all this our question still remains unanswered. We have purchased this board in good faith to Gigabyte’s claims and it is clearly not our fault that the board does not live up to those claims.

So the question remains.

Will Gigabyte offer us a refund or trade in/trade up program ?

If not, is it acceptable for Gigabyte to sell expensive products that do not live up to the company’s claims ? And finally, is it acceptable for Gigabyte to let their customers take the fall for something that’s clearly not their fault ?

After all these months we definitely deserve a straight forward answer to all of this.
    Not an explanation or a lesson in diplomacy but a straight forward, crystal clear answer.

PS
    A buggy and potentially dangerous beta BIOS cannot be considered an answer. Not by a long shot.
    Last edited by Blazer7; 03-26-2008 at 03:53 PM.
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

Why is this so hard to understand? EVGA offered a free upgraded replacement board, the A1 board, to resolve issues for those with 680I issues. They then offered a trade up program at a reasonable price. The also offer there customers cross shipping. They also continue to work on the BIOS for the 680I boards of which now support wolf dales instead of EOLing the board and they are offering a trade up to a board that can support yorkfields.

I have never; in all my years of building pc’s, have seen a board reach EOL so fast, especially one that was one of a couple that was released months after others had released there 680I boards.

This board was suppose to be the top of the line in the 680I line up and we all here forked over 350 plus to have such. I for one opted to spend the cash on this board which at the time aloud me to only afford a mid range processor, but the plan was to upgrade that processor down the road, but that’s not possible now even though your marketing had me believing it would be so. Instead we got four official BIOS updates of which only one fixed some issues and the rest had issues of there own, where by other companies have issued many, many BIOS updates for there 680I boards in an effort to satisfy there customers needs and to fix the issues there products where having, not to mention they are still working on BIOS for there 680I boards. .

Look, it don’t matter to me if Gigabyte takes a hit in sales and bad publicity due to there lack of customer support and satisfaction, but it should matter to Gigabyte. We may be just a small few customers but look at what type customers we are. We are high end customers, we are the guys that others come to too ask for advice on what to buy. We are the guys who sing either praise for a company or our unhappiness with a company all over the web, its guys like us that helped Gigabyte reach the top threw our voices and recommendations. We may be just a very few but our voices are heard, good or bad.

I am tired of this matter, I am tired of the dam Building DMI pool crap with this board and I am tired of doing business with a company that could careless about there products or there customers. Other motherboard manufactures have been on top to, but look what happen to them when they got so big that they could careless about there customers and started releasing shady products. Is this the direction Gigabyte really wants to go? This issue is not going to go away unless you make due and make it go away. Hell a tradeup would still put money in your pocket, whats the dam problem? Hell even replacing a few boards for free with a board that can do what was advertised on box wouldn't cost Gigabyte much, in fact it would be the cheapest Advertising Gigabyte has ever spent.

Well said Cdfire and Blazer7. I really do hope we get some sort of satisfactory answer from Gigabyte soon because as you said Mr. Cdfire, we are not IT noobs. Most of us are high end users with extensive experience in designing and building PCs and we recommend products to customers/friends regularly. All we ask is to be treated with a bit of rspect and most of all - FAIRLY!

Sorry Mr. Tweak and Colin but as Mr. Blazer said, a Beta BIOS that is considered unstable and potentially unsafe is far from a viable solution to our problem. Although I appreciate your efforts Colin, I think the BIOS solution to our problem boat sailed when they made the board EOL. The only real viable option for GB is to offer all the 680SLI-DQ6 owners a replacement 780i or a trade up program to 790i or an out and out full refund.

We still await Gigabyte response on this matter.

@Colin,

That's fine that 1333 FSB support is provided, and that Core 2 Extreme procs are supported, but the issue is that it states on the inside product packaging of our product...

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...nsideCover.jpg

"FSB 1333 support for the record setting Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad Core processors"

One question: So which FSB 1333 Quad Core Extreme proc is supported?

Thanks,

EK2K

Just passing this on for a friend..

"Buggy beta bioses are not acceptable! I want my board to do what it says on the box and said on your website when I purchased the board. From what you have said this is not possible so my solicitor has advised me to make a claim in court and I am currently in the process of doing so.

Basically you can't sell a product advertising support for equipment it doesn't support. The law in the UK is on my side and I will pressing for the maximum level of compensation possible as I think gigabyte have had more than enough time to offer a solution and clearly are not going to do it without some encouragement."

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information