Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Unhappy Re: Gigabyte leaves their best customers out in the cold!!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone.

This Thread is quite interesting. I commend the contributing members/posters for keeping up the heat on Gigabyte for their shameful conduct with regard to the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 motherboard. Here's what I posted over at Anandtech.com concerning another aspect of this whole debacle:
    " Good Morning Everyone,

The time has come to ask the Editorial Board of this web site (Anandtech.com) a simple question. Why has Anandtech utterly failed to honestly investigate and write about the rather disreputable (some might even say deceitful) denials emanating from Gigabyte concerning their failed GA-N680SLI-DQ6 motherboard?

The basic proposition is quite simple. Gigabyte unequivocally advertised that motherboard as being capable of running Intel Quad Core, 1333FSB processors. That, as it turns out, is untrue. Many buyers, myself included, purchased that rather expensive motherboard ($350.00+ USD in 2006) expecting to be able to upgrade the processor to a 1333FSB Quad Core when that chip became available. That chip eventually became available, but the board would not handle it. In fairness, Gigabyte was not the only manufacturer to experience this dilemma, but it certainly seems the worst of the bunch. Additionally, some of the other defaulting board manufacturers have made the situation right for their buyers by upgrades or rebates, but Gigabyte has refused to do so.

Now to the point of this Thread. Anandtech, and other computer technical web sites as well, have apparently earnestly avoided any fair investigation and reporting of this debacle. The Collective Silence In The Technical Media Is Deafening!!

It is quite obvious that Gigabyte is a major player in the computer industry, and therefore spends enormous sums of money on all forms of advertising. Intel is an even bigger player, and may have their hands dirty in this whole mess (up past their corporate elbows as well). Then there's the involvement of nVidia, and their inter-relationship with the processor giant, Intel, which is not at all clear in this whole mess.

The bottom line is the unmistakable fact that the buyers of the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 motherboards were collectively misled (a/k/a hosed), and Gigabyte refuses to make it right for those buyers that relied, to their detriment, on Gigabyte's clear (but false) advertising when making the decision to purchase this particular motherboard. Gigabyte's responses, at least so far, have been nothing but denial, deflection, and continuous attempts to change the topic or distort the discussion. Buyers of that motherboard have posted clear, unmistakable photos (on this Forum) of the Gigabyte advertising and board packaging that shows that this board was marketed as being designed for use with an Intel Quad Core 1333FSB processor - that advertised statement is plainly false! Shame on you Gigabyte!

So the question now resounds - Where and what are the editorial ethics of Anandtech (and other similar publishing houses as well) in this matter? Why has Anandtech failed TO INVESTIGATE AND HONESTLY WRITE ABOUT THIS SITUATION? It's a fair question Anandtech.

I believe that Anandtech owes us all an explanation of their deafening silence. Is Anandtech afraid of invoking the wrath of Gigabyte, and even Intel, if they investigate and report on this situation - I sure hope that's not the case. We all know that "money talks and people walk" as the expression goes. Is Anandtech afraid of losing the big corporate advertising dollars from Gigabyte, or possibly Intel, if they report the truth about this situation? I sure hope that Anandtech has more steel in their spine than that!

I, for one, have always had considerable faith and confidence in the professional endeavors of Anandtech. I, like literally hundreds of thousands of others, have relied upon Anandtech's honesty and integrity when reporting on products that I was considering to purchase. The reputation of Anandtech for "calling it like it is" has earned them esteem around the world. However, in this particular instances, I must again repeat, YOUR SILENCE IS DEAFENING!!"

It would seem that the same series of questions might also be posed to the Editorial Board of Tweaktown.com. Gigabyte will ONLY be persuaded to be a good corporate citizen and responsible manufacturer when they sense that they have a sufficient stake in the whole matter that will cost them future business. That's really quite a sad commentary on Gigabyte's mindset, especially since several of their prime competitors who also put out defective 680i boards, did the right thing by their customers and offered upgrades or rebates.

It would seem that Gigabyte sees itself as a Goliath, immune to the discontent of the common folks. Well, as I recall, a common person by the name of David selected a smooth round stone, and flung it with deadly accuracy at Goliath, and changed the course of biblical history! Just some food for thought Gigabyte. Have a nice day. TheBeagle

Default Re: Gigabyte leaves there best customers out in the cold!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE - Colin View Post
    Sorry Jaggerwild. My intent wasn't to make you more upset. As some posters wanted a clarification of what Janus was saying, I simply wanted to further explain. The GA-N680SLI-DQ6 does support FSB 1333 both for the E6540, E6550, E6750, E6850, as well as 1333MHz by OC for the Extreme processors that we do support.

I also wasn't "INTEL pointing", just merely giving background to the situation that some people were asking for as there is always a lot of wrong information out in the forums.

I am not RMA, simply technical marketing. I do have a BIOS that does provide some level of support for those 3 CPUs, but performance is buggy as the CPU overheats. If you have decent cooling it might not be a problem, but if I do release to you and your hardware is damaged, then what? What CPU are you wanting to use by the way?
    You know being that this peace of crap is basically gone anyways I'm temped but you fail again to read words only laying down ones to blind other readers of yours (link)

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL207.../310379984.jpg

AGAIN, I'd like my money or a suitable replacement period. Your not in RMA then please link me to the person who will write me a refund check and I'll kindly and gladly delete this posting altogether.
    The photo shows the lies that Gigabyte laid out in black and white, please do the right thing here. This is the issue I have, nothing more. I have over 2,500 hits on this posting your making me famous here (thank you Gigabyte! proper spelling :JAGGERWILD:).
    I will not stop till I get one or the other and the longer you take the more hits I get!!!!! I'm not here to smear your Company nor any others, and again I thank you for your time also Thank You to Mr. Tweaks for putting up with us and A BIG Thank You to Janice for her patience.

Colin thanks for the post... Mr Tweakdown thank you for hosting. A beta bios that might damage my $360 investment along with everything else I have plugged in to the board? Without doing the math (basically cause I don't really want to know how much I tied up in this thing)... somewhere around 3 or 4 grand. Yeah I don't see that as being a good solution.

Trade up, refund, or suffer the wrath of the "enthusiast" that doesn't like getting lied to at 350+ dollars plus a pop. That's more money than some people make in a month in some parts of the world.

@thebeagle

I was just looking at the reviews on this board yesterday... 9.5... editors choice award??? hmm think i just threw up a little bit in the back of my throat. Not to say it isn't a good board if you want to run a core 2 duo... but then that isn't what this thread is about. Where's the love for the Quads? You can't just eol a defective product and then expect the mess to clean itself up.
    GIGABYTE GA-N680SLI-DQ6 (rev 1), Core 2 Quad q6700 oc'd 3.0 Ghz
    2x 2gb Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15 unlinked
    2x Asus EN8800GTS 640mb SLI
    2X 150gb Raptor raid 0
    3X Seagate 500 gb raid 5
    ASUS DRW-1814BLT optical
    Antech 900 case w/ Antech 650w true power trio psu
    Scythe Ninja Plus Rev b
    Vista x64 Ultimate edition

Heys guys...I know you are pi$$ed, but I first saw the threads yesterday Taiwan time. As I mentioned, I am a technical marketing guy. I don't set RMA policy for the company. I am trying to get an answer for you, but I ask for a little patience. I know you have been waiting, but flaming a tech guy who just got involved yesterday just makes it harder for me to personally do my job.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I agree fully with that comment Colin.

Please let this guy who just got involved see what he can get done before going off. He may be able to help, but not if this flaming keeps up. I understand you guys are mad for sure, as I would be as well. And court is where I would be thinking as well, but if you give Colin some time maybe he can gets something done, if not then I would just commence with the legal end of it.

But after some time and a reply again from Colin about what HIS people told him this time around after he speaks with them some more

Hello all, finally i got the email about registration and possibility to write to this forum. Because I bought this mobo few months ago and I am not satisfied with the Gigabyte access to his customers in this case, I am still watching the progress in this issue. Good luck!

Mr Colin,

Thank you for your assistance in escalating this issue to the proper section within Gigabyte so that we can get some sort of resolution. I don't believe that anyone is trying to directly flame you intentionally as these guys are really all pretty stand up characters. They have been huge fans of this motherboard up to the point where it finally became clear that this board will never do what was advertised. I've seen the posts where these individuals have put their own reputation on the line and recommended this board over others under the assumption that gigabyte would make good on its claims of quad 1333 fsb support. Understandably these individuals are rather pi$$ed off right now... I know i'd be even more pissed if I had actually recommended to anyone to buy this board. Sure hope I didn't anyway its bad enough I wasted 360ish dollars without having that on my concience.

regards,

Sterman
    GIGABYTE GA-N680SLI-DQ6 (rev 1), Core 2 Quad q6700 oc'd 3.0 Ghz
    2x 2gb Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15 unlinked
    2x Asus EN8800GTS 640mb SLI
    2X 150gb Raptor raid 0
    3X Seagate 500 gb raid 5
    ASUS DRW-1814BLT optical
    Antech 900 case w/ Antech 650w true power trio psu
    Scythe Ninja Plus Rev b
    Vista x64 Ultimate edition

@ Colin

Nothing personal. It’s just that Gigabyte’s silence thing has been going on for way too long now and everybody starts cracking up. We do appreciate that you are trying to get an answer for us but after waiting for so long we simply can’t wait much longer. If Gigabyte doesn’t come up with an official statement regarding our situation and the company’s intentions fast, it’s only natural that things will get ugly.

@ Lsdmeasap

Everyone here has already thought of court especially since we already know that we will win if our case ends up there. However, a lot of us still believe that even Gigabyte deserves a 2nd chance and it is far more civilized to find a commonly accepted solution here than in court. This is why we have chosen to take our case here instead of doing anything else.

-------------------
    I hope that Gigabyte officials do not take this as a weakness because it’s not. What it is, is literally Gigabyte’s last chance to make good with us.

As already pointed out, we are no noobs nor we are some 3year olds, many of us are IT pros, computer enthusiasts and in general people who know their stuff and take crap from no one. As I have already mentioned if Gigabyte continues to ignore our righteous request to make good on their promises things can only get ugly.
    Last edited by Blazer7; 03-27-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, I totally agree and understand. Just wanted to ask you guys to give Colin a day or so to see if he can get anything done on his end before things got out of hand and someone mad him upset to the point where he did not even try.

That wouldnt be good for anyone, just prolong things further.

I am not mad, nor in anyones "Corner" Just asking everyone involved to let Colin have some time to speak with the right people before things get out of hand and no one gets anywhere.

I did not mean to sound like I was calling anyone a Noob (And I dont think I did) just trying to drop in a comment and get Colin some time to see if anything can be done on his end.

And, I fully agree.... If nothing can be done he says, then you guys may do as you wish as long as it falls within forum rules here. Anything Nasty will have to be taken out of the forum I would think.

I am new to here as a Mod and a Member really, but I Admin a few places and Mod a few others and all forums have general policies as you know, that will have to be respected.

But don't fret, you will get to speak your Peace FOR SURE!!

I simply ask that you all wait a day or 2 more to see if there is improvment.

If there is not.....Then it is Out of my hands

Thanks

@ Lsdmeasap

I hope that Colin and Janus understand that we have no quarrel with them. In fact we really appreciate their efforts on our behalf and as far as I’m concerned Colin has his time.

As for the noob and 3year old reference, these are directed exclusively to anyone that may think that we are just a bunch of kids that have nothing better to do than throw stones at Gigabyte to pass our time. This is a very serious matter for us all and we hope that this time Gigabyte will address our issue in a serious manner for once.
    Last edited by Blazer7; 03-27-2008 at 06:25 PM.
    ASUS P6TD Deluxe - i7-930 - CORSAIR CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - ASUS U3S6 - SAMSUNG 830 256
    ENERMAX GALAXY DXX 1000W - 2 x Samsung F3 HD103SJ (Raid 0) - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 5870
    LG DVD R/W GGW-H20L - LG BD R/W GH22LS30 - SAMSUNG 2493HM 24" - Win 7 Ultimate 64

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information